What if Redskins do well.....and we dont?

What if we get the number one pick in the draft because of OUR record? and the later one due to the Redskins......do you think that would change who we are looking at?
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

I think if we finished with the worst record, and landing the top pick we'd take Matt Leinart...because obviously we'd be in rebuilding mode, and theres no better player in the 06 draft class that can help rebuild a franchise like he'll be able to.

So will it change what broncomania wants? No, because most of us (not me) want to take Leinart if we get a top 1-2 pick no matter what. But it will change what the broncos do in that situation.

I think we trade down if we get the number one pick from washington.

There is no way we'll get the number 1 pick with this roster!!! Unless all of our players get injured and we have to sign and start the entire free agent pool which I highly doubt that'll happen. The Redskins won't be that bad.
    Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/4...tlersigdz0.gif
    Sig above made by me!
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...1172395547.png

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    You can never predict what Shanny will do, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by defense!!!
    There is no way we'll get the number 1 pick with this roster!!! Unless all of our players get injured and we have to sign and start the entire free agent pool which I highly doubt that'll happen. The Redskins won't be that bad.

thank you very much.....i dont know how we cannot make the playoffs with our roster......and there is no way that we will get #1..... i would be glad with a top 10-15 pick
    Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Bellthebest
    thank you very much.....i dont know how we cannot make the playoffs with our roster......and there is no way that we will get #1..... i would be glad with a top 10-15 pick
    Thank you very much . . . . I don't know how we will not make the playoffs with this roster . . . . unless we have a rash of injuries . . . . some of us seem to want to lose so we can get a top pick.

What is the purpose for having a football team?

-----

i think we're looking at the number 15-20 pick and the 20-28 pick in the draft. with those we take drew tate if he does well this year, and then a serious receiver, actually, scratch that, receiver first, then tate. i have a feeling that we'll have a good 1st round as long as we dont take a running back
    for loving the game and never letting go, thank you dennis [IMG]http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6303724.jpg[/IMG]

[URL=http://s12.invisionfree.com/Football_Board/index.php?act=idx]Join Football Board![/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Thank you very much . . . . I don't know how we will not make the playoffs with this roster . . . . unless we have a rash of injuries . . . . some of us seem to want to lose so we can get a top pick.

What is the purpose for having a football team?

-----

When I started this thread it wasnt for the purpose of that being waht I wanted, I just asked a question for the convo
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by MoFo_JoRo
    When I started this thread it wasnt for the purpose of that being waht I wanted, I just asked a question for the convo
    And?

------

I don't think it would be wise of us to get Leinert, sure he may be GREAT! but the money we would have to sink to get the top overall pick would break the bank
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by CR18
    i think we're looking at the number 15-20 pick and the 20-28 pick in the draft. with those we take drew tate if he does well this year, and then a serious receiver, actually, scratch that, receiver first, then tate. i have a feeling that we'll have a good 1st round as long as we dont take a running back
    we dont need a reciever.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    we dont need a reciever.
    We may not be desparate for a receiver, Bcbronc.

However, as Indy has proven, you can never have too many blue-chip WRs.

-----

What if the redskins and us have the 2 worst records this upcoming year? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    What if the redskins and us have the 2 worst records this upcoming year? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

That would be interesting
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    We may not be desparate for a receiver, Bcbronc.

However, as Indy has proven, you can never have too many blue-chip WRs.

-----
    i feel we have at least two potential blue chippers in lelie and watts. add to that the gaggle of youngsters (luke, bj, et al) of which hopefully one or two show something that separates them from the crowd this year and i feel a first round pick on a wide out would be wasted.

however if lelie and watts both dont progress throughout the upcoming season, then my opinion might change.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by MoFo_JoRo
    That would be interesting
    It can be a good and bad thing.

Bad season = good picks.