Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Freddie Mitchell coming to AFC West (merged)

Fred-Ex just signed a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs. This comes after Az Hakim decided not to sign with the team earlier this week.

So we get to see Freddie twice a year and get to hear him run his mouth all season long too. To bad he can't translate that talk to the playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverFanInGB
    Fred-Ex just signed a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs. This comes after Az Hakim decided not to sign with the team earlier this week.

So we get to see Freddie twice a year and get to hear him run his mouth all season long too. To bad he can't translate that talk to the playing field.
    Ha! Fred-Ex is a joke. At least we'll have some comic relief in the division this year. He's not much good for anything else.

Just a thought, but perhaps the reason he is so entertaining is because he can't back it up on the field. Without making any really significant contributions to an offense, he comes off like Milhouse ("My mom says I'm cool"). If he performed better he would probably just get lost in the shuffle with TO, Chad Johnson and several other self-promoters across the league.
    I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Oh yeah, can't wait for Lynch to lay a hit on him. Hell yes!

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Im happy for Freddie. Too bad he's gonna feel what its like to get Lynched! (No Pun intended)

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    Im happy for Freddie. Too bad he's gonna feel what its like to get Lynched! (No Pun intended)
    Oh c'mon, Mo! Come clean. You did so mean that pun.

-----

*yawn*

I wasn't worried about Hakim, and I am not worried about Mitchell.

-----

Media

The KC media are the bigger winners in this pickup. I'm sure he'll provide them with a plethra of stories. To bad none of them will be about his performance on the field. Do you think Lynch can hit him hard enough to knock that ratty hair out???
    [IMG]http://img281.echo.cx/img281/9116/dingasig1cz.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig By Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by Dinga
    The KC media are the bigger winners in this pickup. I'm sure he'll provide them with a plethra of stories. To bad none of them will be about his performance on the field. Do you think Lynch can hit him hard enough to knock that ratty hair out???
    I hope so.

Chiefs fan here. I actually like this signing. You may disagree with me, but we got him for the veteran minimum. He is not guaranteed a starting spot, he will have to compete with our other WR's. The Chiefs are not utterly amazing at WR, but we do have some good depth. I was at the Chiefs free minicamp today and our WR's made some good catches and were very fast. So, Mitchell does have some competition. If he makes the team, it is because he deserves it and played better than several other WR's. If he doesn't make the team, it will not hurt us because we got him for cheap. It is a win-win situation for the Chiefs. He at least deserves a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by delaranta
    he comes off like Milhouse ("My mom says I'm cool").

OMG, that's way to funny!!

It's Freddie Milhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Chiefs fan here. I actually like this signing. You may disagree with me, but we got him for the veteran minimum. He is not guaranteed a starting spot, he will have to compete with our other WR's. The Chiefs are not utterly amazing at WR, but we do have some good depth. I was at the Chiefs free minicamp today and our WR's made some good catches and were very fast. So, Mitchell does have some competition. If he makes the team, it is because he deserves it and played better than several other WR's. If he doesn't make the team, it will not hurt us because we got him for cheap. It is a win-win situation for the Chiefs. He at least deserves a chance.
    I was at the practice too. The WR's were very, very quick. The LB corp also did well (minus Stills, god he sucked) and Derrick Johnson is starting to remind me a lot of Derrick Thomas.

I was also extremely impressed with Larry Johnson and not so impressed with the new beer price.

I would like Freddie to bobble one of his passes and have it land into one of r Bronco soldiers and they take it to the house.
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by TonyGFortheTD
    I was at the practice too. The WR's were very, very quick. The LB corp also did well (minus Stills, god he sucked) and Derrick Johnson is starting to remind me a lot of Derrick Thomas.

I was also extremely impressed with Larry Johnson and not so impressed with the new beer price.
    I was their also. I was really impressed with WR Richard Smith, Sammie Parker and Derrick Johnson. It was hot as hell out their. Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson and Dante Hall looked faster than ever.
    The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.