Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manny Wright

Manny Wright

I put this question to you:
    During the supplemental draft, say the 3rd round comes up, and still no one has taken manny wright, do we want him? We're talking a 6'6", 310 DT who runs in the 4.8s. I don't know how i feel about him personally, i like his size, but i sure would like to see some college stats worth mentioning. He's also very young, defintiely wouldn't play this year. But is he better than anyone we might be able to get with that pick in the draft next year? Is it a deep draft? Just some thoughts to nibble on on this slow friday afternoon.
    http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1...osig6ed9xr.jpg
    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

If he is around in round 3, we've got to take him. He is exactly what we need: a big DT who can rush the passer and collapse the pocket. He is fast, explosive, and gets off the line efficiently. Not to mention, he's got some good pass rushing moves.

Is there any DT who will be available in round 3 of next years draft that's as good as Manny Wright? No way! If he would stay in school, he would most likely be a 1st rounder next year.
    Last edited by PsychoChicken; 06-24-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChicken
    If he is around in round 3, we've got to take him. He is exactly what we need: a big DT who can rush the passer and collapse the pocket. He is fast, explosive, and gets off the line efficiently. Not to mention, he's got some good pass rushing moves.

Is he better than any DT who will be available in round 3 of next years draft? No way! If he would stay in school, he would most likely be a 1st rounder next year.
    So he isnt any better than the 3rd round dt next year......but he would be a 1st rounder?
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by MoFo_JoRo
    So he isnt any better than the 3rd round dt next year......but he would be a 1st rounder?
    Sorry, I must be dyslexic or something. I meant there isn't a 3rd round dt next year better than Wright. I edited the post accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChicken

Is there any DT who will be available in round 3 of next years draft that's as good as Manny Wright? No way! If he would stay in school, he would most likely be a 1st rounder next year.
    I'm going to second this notion. This is just the type of player we need to be developing. Manny Wright can play both tackle and end, but has beefed up in the last year that end is less likely. He could be no worse than Fatafehi this year, and would become an asset in three years. Plus, with a handful of extra picks next year, it lessens any potential blow of needing picks to restock positions. I doubt he falls to the third round though, and with enough people fighting for a roster spot on the line anyway, I don't think Shany is looking to make things more crowded, or else he would have drafted a player in April's draft, competition be damned, these are our likely linemen in '05.

Supp. draft is July 14 I believe.

And I would agree that if Wright were available in the 3rd round, you jump on him. Especially because we are not lacking in picks for next year's draft and will probably receive at least one or two comp picks, Wright would be more than worth a 3rd rounder.

But I do think he'll be gone by then. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like the Packers gamble in the 2nd.

He won't last that long.

The guy is an absolute beast and has everything an all pro DT needs.

His only downside was lack of playing time because of 2 standout DT that were already at USC.

Someone will take him no later then the second. And I wouldn't be suprised if Shanahan used his #1 to grab him, considering we have 2 round one picks.

Not saying that would be a good idea but considering some of the questionable decisions that Shanny has made recently I woulnd't be completely shocked.

I say grab him if you can. And maybe gamble on that Clemson WR.

wish in one hand shat in the other.

see which one fills up first.

Will someone please educate me on the supplemental draft...Why is everyone talking about getting Manuel Wright in the 3rd rd., is that all we have in the July draft?

As I undersytand it there wer players unable to perform, late additions to the draft, eligibility situations and a couple of other reasons that they did not chose to go in the regular draft.

There is another draft every year for these kids.

If one takes a player they lose their number 1-whatever pick in next years draft depending upon which choice they use this time.

To wait and see if someone bites on this kid and if no one does (highly unlikey) by the third round it would be a steal for us and a great 3rd round choice in next years draft. Only you ge to take the present home this year.

Thanks for the info. Question: Being that we have 2 #1's next yr. (Skins). wouldnt it make sense for us to pick this kid up. I hear that if he stayed in school he would of possibly been a first rd. pick next yr.

Not sure he is worth that risk and besides he'd have to clear the other 20 some odd teams before us. Most will pass on everyone/anyone. However there is always someone looking to pick up a bargain .

So, Manny weighed in at 6'6", 330 lbs and ran a sub 5 40, but he only did 15 reps (might have been 16, can't remember). The plot thickens...
    http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1...osig6ed9xr.jpg
    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC