Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryville,Tennessee
    Posts
    7

    Matt Lienart will be a Bronco.

    Lienart was the projected #1 over Aaron Rodgers AND Alex Smith,so we all know he'll be the #1 pick in 2006.The possible candidates of teams to have the #1 slot could be S.F. again,Tennessee,Miami,or Cleveland.
    Personally,I think it will be S.F.,so they'll undoubtedly trade down.They have too may holes to patch up elsewhere on the team,and could use the extra pick.
    Tennessee,Miami,Denver,Detroit(if Harrington chokes),and Arizona will all be trying to work deals with S.F.,in order to get the #1 spot,to land Lienart.
    You can automatically count Arizona out,b/c they're in the same division as the Niners.They'd be crazy to let Lienart go to a divisional foe.
    I think that Shannahan realizes with Plummer,just how important Elway was to the Broncos organization,and will use his two first round draft picks,to trade up into the #1 spot,and take Lienart.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by snailplow
    Lienart was the projected #1 over Aaron Rodgers AND Alex Smith,so we all know he'll be the #1 pick in 2006.The possible candidates of teams to have the #1 slot could be S.F. again,Tennessee,Miami,or Cleveland.
    Personally,I think it will be S.F.,so they'll undoubtedly trade down.They have too may holes to patch up elsewhere on the team,and could use the extra pick.
    Tennessee,Miami,Denver,Detroit(if Harrington chokes),and Arizona will all be trying to work deals with S.F.,in order to get the #1 spot,to land Lienart.
    You can automatically count Arizona out,b/c they're in the same division as the Niners.They'd be crazy to let Lienart go to a divisional foe.
    I think that Shannahan realizes with Plummer,just how important Elway was to the Broncos organization,and will use his two first round draft picks,to trade up into the #1 spot,and take Lienart.
    Matt Lienart is no John Elway first of all. Shanahan is to covservtive to do that, second of all. Third of all, you don't know whos picking what and when next year. And last but not least, what if Lienart gets hurt next year? The chances of Lienart being a Bronco are slim and none. I just checked the Vegas odds, and they said 50 to 1! Better put your dollar down!!!! IT WON"T HAPPEN, but I wouldn't mind if it did.
    [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/Crashman44b/dayne.jpg[/IMG]
    "The Dayne agreement"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryville,Tennessee
    Posts
    7

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_44b
    Matt Lienart is no John Elway first of all. Shanahan is to covservtive to do that, second of all. Third of all, you don't know whos picking what and when next year. And last but not least, what if Lienart gets hurt next year? The chances of Lienart being a Bronco are slim and none. I just checked the Vegas odds, and they said 50 to 1! Better put your dollar down!!!! IT WON"T HAPPEN, but I wouldn't mind if it did.

    I bet you didn't think that the Broncos would draft Clarett either.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,729
    Quote Originally Posted by snailplow
    Lienart was the projected #1 over Aaron Rodgers AND Alex Smith,so we all know he'll be the #1 pick in 2006.The possible candidates of teams to have the #1 slot could be S.F. again,Tennessee,Miami,or Cleveland.
    Personally,I think it will be S.F.,so they'll undoubtedly trade down.They have too may holes to patch up elsewhere on the team,and could use the extra pick.
    Tennessee,Miami,Denver,Detroit(if Harrington chokes),and Arizona will all be trying to work deals with S.F.,in order to get the #1 spot,to land Lienart.
    You can automatically count Arizona out,b/c they're in the same division as the Niners.They'd be crazy to let Lienart go to a divisional foe.
    I think that Shannahan realizes with Plummer,just how important Elway was to the Broncos organization,and will use his two first round draft picks,to trade up into the #1 spot,and take Lienart.
    I would rather keep the two draft picks and get two valuable players out of the deal.

    If we really need a quarterback, we could get Omar Jacobs, or Vince Young, etc. Then we could also get reliable WR if Darius Watts consistently drops passes again. Or we could look at a RG, because we don't have a true starter there. Possibly a safety even.

    No to Leinart.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,947
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    I would rather keep the two draft picks and get two valuable players out of the deal.

    If we really need a quarterback, we could get Omar Jacobs, or Vince Young, etc. Then we could also get reliable WR if Darius Watts consistently drops passes again. Or we could look at a RG, because we don't have a true starter there. Possibly a safety even.

    No to Leinart.
    Thats a good point but look at all the skill player we already have. We could use another WRs. but people fail to realize how important a great QB is to an already talented offense. Sure some teams have been really lucky in the past with the Tren Dilferss and Brad Johnsons, but in this day in age with all the rule changes, its only made the better QBs in the league that much more competitive.
    Finall playoff QBs Contenders- Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Ben Rothlisburger!
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,365
    I wouldn't mind trading our 2 picks up, and it would be easier if the Redskins did horrible this year.

    Since some of you guys think that a WR in the draft would be imortant, please name me one WR that would be worth drafting in the 1st round, instead of trading that 1st rounder and getting Lienart.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by snailplow
    I bet you didn't think that the Broncos would draft Clarett either.
    Let me see here Shanahan has always taken a chance on a running back in the draft, if not two. No, I really wasn't shocked. Sorry dude. If he went after a RB in the first round, yes I would have been shocked. I can see shanny taking a QB in the first round, but hes not going to throw TWO first round picks at somebody to pick Liehart up. I can also see Shanahan picking up a QB in the second or third rounds. If the next John Elway was on the draft board, Shanahan STILL wouldn't throw two first rounders at a team to pick him up. WHY? Because whoever he is, he hasn't been on a field full of pro football players. How is he going to react to the faster pace? Whats his mind set going to be like playing againist a higher level of foe? Can you anwser these question about Liehart? NO! SO THAN WHY THROW TWO FIRST ROUNDERS AWAY FOR LIEHART? I say we help out the O-line with one of the first rounders and go from there. The Broncos have alot of question to address during the season. I take that back, TONS of question.

    1. How will the vets on the o-line hold up?
    2. Will the young wide outs we have come around?
    3.How are the Brownies on the d-line going to do? How will Pryce do after his injury?
    4. Is Lenny Walls a solid #2 corner? Can he cover all the #2 wide outs in the NFL? (Note: I think he'll be solid.)
    5.How will Nick Ferguson be starting full time?(Solid again,I think.)
    6.Will the SNAKE bite the Broncos or the other team this year?
    7. Who will start at RB? ( Does matter! Plug and play!)

    I think the Broncos as of right now are a solid football team. And I would take a gamble on a QB in the first round. Just because I think theres a QB in the draft next year thats going to be special and its not Liehart ,
    but I'm not going to give up two first rounders for him. I WOULD BE HAPPY IF THEY ADDRESS THE QUESTION I HAVE ABOUT THE TEAM IN
    THAT ORDER ON DRAFT DAY. (But if Vince Young is on the board and I have a first round pick left, I'm taking him! Sorry Topscride!)
    [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/Crashman44b/dayne.jpg[/IMG]
    "The Dayne agreement"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_44b
    Let me see here Shanahan has always taken a chance on a running back in the draft, if not two. No, I really wasn't shocked. Sorry dude. If he went after a RB in the first round, yes I would have been shocked. I can see shanny taking a QB in the first round, but hes not going to throw TWO first round picks at somebody to pick Liehart up. I can also see Shanahan picking up a QB in the second or third rounds. If the next John Elway was on the draft board, Shanahan STILL wouldn't throw two first rounders at a team to pick him up. WHY? Because whoever he is, he hasn't been on a field full of pro football players. How is he going to react to the faster pace? Whats his mind set going to be like playing againist a higher level of foe? Can you anwser these question about Liehart? NO! SO THAN WHY THROW TWO FIRST ROUNDERS AWAY FOR LIEHART? I say we help out the O-line with one of the first rounders and go from there. The Broncos have alot of question to address during the season. I take that back, TONS of question.

    1. How will the vets on the o-line hold up?
    2. Will the young wide outs we have come around?
    3.How are the Brownies on the d-line going to do? How will Pryce do after his injury?
    4. Is Lenny Walls a solid #2 corner? Can he cover all the #2 wide outs in the NFL? (Note: I think he'll be solid.)
    5.How will Nick Ferguson be starting full time?(Solid again,I think.)
    6.Will the SNAKE bite the Broncos or the other team this year?
    7. Who will start at RB? ( Does matter! Plug and play!)

    I think the Broncos as of right now are a solid football team. And I would take a gamble on a QB in the first round. Just because I think theres a QB in the draft next year thats going to be special and its not Liehart ,
    but I'm not going to give up two first rounders for him. I WOULD BE HAPPY IF THEY ADDRESS THE QUESTION I HAVE ABOUT THE TEAM IN
    THAT ORDER ON DRAFT DAY. (But if Vince Young is on the board and I have a first round pick left, I'm taking him! Sorry Topscride!)


    good post overall. I think our biggest concerns next year will be DL and OLT if we can pick up a couple quality picks. They have alot better chance of contirbuting to the team tahan some pie in the sky QB.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,604
    Quote Originally Posted by snailplow
    Lienart was the projected #1 over Aaron Rodgers AND Alex Smith,so we all know he'll be the #1 pick in 2006.The possible candidates of teams to have the #1 slot could be S.F. again,Tennessee,Miami,or Cleveland.
    Personally,I think it will be S.F.,so they'll undoubtedly trade down.They have too may holes to patch up elsewhere on the team,and could use the extra pick.
    Tennessee,Miami,Denver,Detroit(if Harrington chokes),and Arizona will all be trying to work deals with S.F.,in order to get the #1 spot,to land Lienart.
    You can automatically count Arizona out,b/c they're in the same division as the Niners.They'd be crazy to let Lienart go to a divisional foe.
    I think that Shannahan realizes with Plummer,just how important Elway was to the Broncos organization,and will use his two first round draft picks,to trade up into the #1 spot,and take Lienart.

    If he's going to be the #1 pick, how do you know that the Redskins (or us [hopefully not]) would do that bad?

    You can't guarentee it. That's why the play the game on Sunday. You never know what will happen. I highly doubt that we'll draft him. I thinkwe have more pressing needs right now, and next year we'll see what needs we need to address for the draft.



    Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

    There are three things you can expect in life:

    1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    If he's going to be the #1 pick, how do you know that the Redskins (or us [hopefully not]) would do that bad?

    You can't guarentee it. That's why the play the game on Sunday. You never know what will happen. I highly doubt that we'll draft him. I thinkwe have more pressing needs right now, and next year we'll see what needs we need to address for the draft.
    Tennessee,Miami,Denver,Detroit(if Harrington chokes),and Arizona will all be trying to work deals with S.F.,in order to get the #1 spot,to land Lienart.
    Are you illiterate?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,233
    At this point, I don't even want to think about next years' draft. I am totally convinced that Shanny will surprise us all and reach for a few 3rd-4th rounders that nobody expects (probably more CBs) with our two first round picks. After this draft, I can't say for sure what the Broncos are thinking. I know most of you have talked yourselves into our draft picks and feel better about them now than you did before, but I don't and I see the cycle continuing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,729
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    At this point, I don't even want to think about next years' draft. I am totally convinced that Shanny will surprise us all and reach for a few 3rd-4th rounders that nobody expects (probably more CBs) with our two first round picks. After this draft, I can't say for sure what the Broncos are thinking. I know most of you have talked yourselves into our draft picks and feel better about them now than you did before, but I don't and I see the cycle continuing.
    So what if we had a "suprising" draft? Our whole offseason this year was suprising.

    Last years draft was perfect. DJ Williams, Tatum Bell, Darius Watts, Jeremy LeSueur, Jeff Shoate, Matt Mauck, BVP, etc. It was a draft we loved. Not every offseason is going to be exciting in so fun to follow

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    90
    I think Lienart is a great player, don't get me wrong. But i don't if he would fit in very well with the Broncos system. It is key to be mobile in this system where play action rollouts are so common. I don't think Lienart is moble enough to do that great in the Broncos system.

    But hey, who knows what will happen
    [IMG]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Tails_Prower/Sigs/miles_final.jpg[/IMG]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,455
    i can guarantee leniart WILL NOT BE A BRONCO barring a losing season, and a horrible season by plummer. Shanny likes plummer, and so do i. Ive never seen someone get this much bashing for the record that hes put up since becoming a bronco. Something to think about, Shanny QB's typically breakout in their 3rd year, im guessing this will be the same scenario.
    Blet

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489

    Thumbs up Yes . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePeel
    i can guarantee leniart WILL NOT BE A BRONCO barring a losing season, and a horrible season by plummer. Shanny likes plummer, and so do i. Ive never seen someone get this much bashing for the record that hes put up since becoming a bronco. Something to think about, Shanny QB's typically breakout in their 3rd year, im guessing this will be the same scenario.
    That's what I was thinking: Jake has a 19-8 regular season record and two playoff appearances since coming to Denver, and a bunch of people around here are calling him a bum! What's with that? If he "breaks out" after that performance, they can keep Vick and Manning, and forget Leinart.

    But you know what?--There are those around here who are not going to like Jake, no matter what he does. Shoot, there are those who still think Elway's a bum! That's how blind and ignorant people can get in their hate!

    -----

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •