Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 92
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Invesco Nosebleeds
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangePeel
    i can guarantee leniart WILL NOT BE A BRONCO barring a losing season, and a horrible season by plummer. Shanny likes plummer, and so do i. Ive never seen someone get this much bashing for the record that hes put up since becoming a bronco. Something to think about, Shanny QB's typically breakout in their 3rd year, im guessing this will be the same scenario.
    I agree - as a USC alum/fan, there is a part of me that would love nothing more than for Matt to go to Denver, but as a Bronco fan I think Jake is fine and we can use those 2 picks in other areas.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Calif. Bronco
    I agree - as a USC alum/fan, there is a part of me that would love nothing more than for Matt to go to Denver, but as a Bronco fan I think Jake is fine and we can use those 2 picks in other areas.
    That is a very objective viewpoint. You could have "homered" yourself into lobbying for Matt.

    Points to you.



    -----

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,455
    i dont think we should need to use a pick on a QB for a the next 4-5 years, mainly because i think this is going to be jakes team for the length of his contract. I would however like to see us sign a quality backup, or at least see if Van Pelt can become that guy.
    Blet

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,778
    Quote Originally Posted by snailplow
    I bet you didn't think that the Broncos would draft Clarett either.
    Boy that sure blew me away. I was thinking "what the hell is he doing"...... but we can make any "ok" rb a legend here in Den. WE just have to keep him more then 2 years!!!!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Realism.
    Posts
    2,362
    I gurantee Matt Leinart will be a Bronco. This year is Shannahan's swan song, (you can quote me on that) and whoever takes over will go for a future at Qb.


  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,778
    It wouldn't be a bad thing........ lol I can tell you that if he came here.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1
    I know u know wat im sayin ui kno wat im sayin dogg!?

    GIVE EM HELL,

    TATUM BELL!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,778
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveEmHellTBell
    I know u know wat im sayin ui kno wat im sayin dogg!?

    GIVE EM HELL,

    TATUM BELL!
    ok.................... I'm glad you like TB.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    135
    first of all we don't matt we have jake 2nd if we were to draft a qb i think we would draft drew tate because i think hell be a better nfl qb matt has bust written all over him

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma State University
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by JkThSnake #16
    first of all we don't matt we have jake 2nd if we were to draft a qb i think we would draft drew tate because i think hell be a better nfl qb matt has bust written all over him
    Are you an Iowa fan???

    For starters, Drew Tate is not a big name in several draft circles, but you expect a listed "6'0" quarterback to be a better pro than a potential two time Hiesman Trophy winner? Tate's numbers from last season hardly standout, but somehow he's an excellent pro prospect, and Leinart is a "product " right?

    I'm not promoting Leinart over Plummer next year by any means, but bashing Matt Leinart for being good needs to stop. He should go first overall, is a better player now than Palmer was coming out of USC, and will be a very capable NFL quarterback. If you believe otherwise, show me something about his game that proves your point, and not, "look at all of his weapons at USC..." Did Peyton Manning not have weapons at Tennessee? This guy deserves every accolade he receives, plain and simple.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoKoolAid
    Are you an Iowa fan???

    For starters, Drew Tate is not a big name in several draft circles, but you expect a listed "6'0" quarterback to be a better pro than a potential two time Hiesman Trophy winner? Tate's numbers from last season hardly standout, but somehow he's an excellent pro prospect, and Leinart is a "product " right?

    I'm not promoting Leinart over Plummer next year by any means, but bashing Matt Leinart for being good needs to stop. He should go first overall, is a better player now than Palmer was coming out of USC, and will be a very capable NFL quarterback. If you believe otherwise, show me something about his game that proves your point, and not, "look at all of his weapons at USC..." Did Peyton Manning not have weapons at Tennessee? This guy deserves every accolade he receives, plain and simple.







    no im not an Iowa fan but i do think leinart is a product of the system hes in and whats palmer done for that matter. tate wins in a tuffer conference hes more moble has just as good of a arm and we wouldnt have to give up 2 number one for tate and he wins with lesssor talent

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoKoolAid
    Are you an Iowa fan???

    For starters, Drew Tate is not a big name in several draft circles, but you expect a listed "6'0" quarterback to be a better pro than a potential two time Hiesman Trophy winner? Tate's numbers from last season hardly standout, but somehow he's an excellent pro prospect, and Leinart is a "product " right?

    I'm not promoting Leinart over Plummer next year by any means, but bashing Matt Leinart for being good needs to stop. He should go first overall, is a better player now than Palmer was coming out of USC, and will be a very capable NFL quarterback. If you believe otherwise, show me something about his game that proves your point, and not, "look at all of his weapons at USC..." Did Peyton Manning not have weapons at Tennessee? This guy deserves every accolade he receives, plain and simple.
    Not that your position is unreasonable, because it isn't.
    You have a couple good points.

    I have just a couple:

    Regarding your remark about a 6-0 QB: Remember Fran Tarkenton.

    Regarding your assurance that Leinart will be a good pro: Remember Steve Spurrier.

    -----

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma State University
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by JkThSnake #16
    no im not an Iowa fan but i do think leinart is a product of the system hes in and whats palmer done for that matter. tate wins in a tuffer conference hes more moble has just as good of a arm and we wouldnt have to give up 2 number one for tate and he wins with lesssor talent
    Iowa has lesser talent???

    Kirk Ferenz is one of the up and coming coaches in the collegiate ranks and next to Bob Stoops, is the hottest college name being bantered about for an NFL opening. His teams don't get there with lesser talent, they may have on of the best defenses in college football next year, and that defense carried the team through stretches of the season. Tate's TD-int. rate is not in the same class as Leinart, at a measly 20-14. His arm is also not of Matt's caliber and I'm beginnning to question where you get your stuff, because a casual college fan could tell you that.

    By the way, the Big Ten isn't tuffer, maybe tougher though, but when Iowa played a Pac Ten(11) team, they where paddywhacked, 44-7.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma State University
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Not that your position is unreasonable, because it isn't.
    You have a couple good points.

    I have just a couple:

    Regarding your remark about a 6-0 QB: Remember Fran Tarkenton.

    Regarding your assurance that Leinart will be a good pro: Remember Steve Spurrier.

    -----
    That's fair, but again, there are exceptions to every rule. For every Spurrier that had college success surrounded in talent, there are Peyton Mannings and Jim Kellys, players who shouldn't be punished just because they have played in talented programs. There isn't much to dislike in Leinart's game, and if you watch him enough, you will soon agree.

    As for the 6-0, it has merit, as only one QB in the top 25 last season in passing registered in at 6-0 or less, and that QB, Drew Brees, had a much finer TD-int ratio than most QBs, at 27-7. Tate's 20-14 doesn't speak too highly for a 6-0 (that is listed, most colleges fudge numbers, not lessen) QB, nor do his 36 sacks and -.9 ypc. If you want to look at numbers of a 6-0 QB that could be successful in the NFL, because of the ability of his stats translating to the NFL, look at LeFors last season at Louisville.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoKoolAid
    Iowa has lesser talent???

    Kirk Ferenz is one of the up and coming coaches in the collegiate ranks and next to Bob Stoops, is the hottest college name being bantered about for an NFL opening. His teams don't get there with lesser talent, they may have on of the best defenses in college football next year, and that defense carried the team through stretches of the season. Tate's TD-int. rate is not in the same class as Leinart, at a measly 20-14. His arm is also not of Matt's caliber and I'm beginnning to question where you get your stuff, because a casual college fan could tell you that.

    By the way, the Big Ten isn't tuffer, maybe tougher though, but when Iowa played a Pac Ten(11) team, they where paddywhacked, 44-7.




    first i never said tate had the same td/ int ratio as matt i said that there arms were the same. 2nd the big ten is way stonger then the pac10 mich,osu.wis, purdue all of them being consitenlly being in the top 15 in the ranking hell even ia who does pac10 have usc usc usc usc and somtimes OR and wash and i did forget this year they had a cal who sucks every other year . but you are right about IA being an up and coming team. matts just a product of the system hes in hes got better WR a better running game and over all a better team but athlecticlly drew i think has way more up side. hes tate throws better on the run hes as accurte
    Last edited by JkThSnake #16; 06-26-2005 at 04:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •