• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topscribe
    RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
    There isn't much to dislike in Leinart's game, and if you watch him enough, you will soon agree.
    KoolAid, as I've mentioned before, I'm here in Pac-10 country. Look at my location to the upper right.

-----

Comment

• BVP
      Starter
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by topscribe
      KoolAid, as I've mentioned before, I'm here in Pac-10 country. Look at my location to the upper right.

-----
      Do you watch him when he plays ASU?
      sigpic

Comment

• Momentum
        Banned User
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
        Are you an Iowa fan???

For starters, Drew Tate is not a big name in several draft circles, but you expect a listed "6'0" quarterback to be a better pro than a potential two time Hiesman Trophy winner? Tate's numbers from last season hardly standout, but somehow he's an excellent pro prospect, and Leinart is a "product " right?

I'm not promoting Leinart over Plummer next year by any means, but bashing Matt Leinart for being good needs to stop. He should go first overall, is a better player now than Palmer was coming out of USC, and will be a very capable NFL quarterback. If you believe otherwise, show me something about his game that proves your point, and not, "look at all of his weapons at USC..." Did Peyton Manning not have weapons at Tennessee? This guy deserves every accolade he receives, plain and simple.
        I agree. The only QB I'd want over Leinart is Tyler Palko.

Comment

• BVP
          Starter
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Momentum
          I agree. The only QB I'd want over Leinart is Tyler Palko.
          Who the hell is Tyler Palko?
          sigpic

Comment

• topscribe
            RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BVP
            Do you watch him when he plays ASU?
            I watch him every chance I get. He's a joy to watch.

I also root for anyone who plays against him.

-----

Comment

• BVP
              Starter
              • Feb 2005

I watch him every chance I get. He's a joy to watch.

I also root for anyone who plays against him.

-----
              So you rooted for CSU when they played each other?
              sigpic

Comment

• topscribe
                RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BVP
                So you rooted for CSU when they played each other?
                I root for CSU when they play anybody. UNC (Greeley) is my alma mater, but it is a Division II school, so I adopted CSU, where my cousin quarterbacked many years ago, as my Division I school. I have become a rabid Arizona fan, but my strongest affection is still CSU.

-----

Comment

• BVP
                  Starter
                  • Feb 2005

I root for CSU when they play anybody. UNC (Greeley) is my alma mater, but it is a Division II school, so I adopted CSU, where my cousin quarterbacked many years ago, as my Division I school. I have become a rabid Arizona fan, but my strongest affection is still CSU.

-----
                  Oh, cool. What is your cousins name? And what year did he play?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Jack Luminous

Wrong!!

Jake is our Quarterback for approximatley the next four seasons or so....

with Matt Mauck the immediate backup....and another younger player, whether
                    that means BVP (fingers crossed) or Chad F (could we really have Brad AND Chad as backups )

Or my personal favorite as a Draftee, say as a third rounder, Missouri's Brad Smith....

Never-the-less, put down the bong, Matt Leinhart will NOT be playing QB in Denver anytime soon...unless he is on a visiting team, anyway....

Sorry, Charlie, unless the Broncos tank this season (which they won't), Jake and Shanny will do enough to warrant coming back next season.

Jake is 19-9 as a starter with the Denver Broncos, and has a 8-4 record VS the AFC West, and let us not forget, it IS WINNING that is the most important stat of all, so GET OFF JAKE!!

Comment

• topscribe
                      RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

that means BVP (fingers crossed) or Chad F (could we really have Brad AND Chad as backups )

Or my personal favorite as a Draftee, say as a third rounder, Missouri's Brad Smith....

Never-the-less, put down the bong, Matt Leinhart will NOT be playing QB in Denver anytime soon...unless he is on a visiting team, anyway....

Sorry, Charlie, unless the Broncos tank this season (which they won't), Jake and Shanny will do enough to warrant coming back next season.

Jake is 19-9 as a starter with the Denver Broncos, and has a 8-4 record VS the AFC West, and let us not forget, it IS WINNING that is the most important stat of all, so GET OFF JAKE!!
                      Well, actually Jake is 19-8 regular season . . .

-----

Comment

• Dawgfan
                        King of the Echo People
                        • Oct 2004

Lienart was the projected #1 over Aaron Rodgers AND Alex Smith,so we all know he'll be the #1 pick in 2006.The possible candidates of teams to have the #1 slot could be S.F. again,Tennessee,Miami,or Cleveland.
                        Cleveland will not sign Lienart if it has a top pick. It will be D'Brick .. if Cleveland even picks that high in the draft. ( Which I don't think they will )
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Almost Heaven
                          Practice Squad
                          • Oct 2003

I loved the idea of Jake coming to Denver when it happened. Really though with all the offensive weapons he'd be lethal. I do have to admit he's let me down a good deal. I think the most important trait a QB can have is being cool when things aren't going well. I know there'll never be another Elway but even a guy like Marc Bulger. I've watched the boy since he played college ball and he never gets rattled. I wish Jake had that. I know he's 19 -8 or something close but i'd take an 8-8 regular season then have a run through the playoffs. (I know 8-8 prob. wouldn't get us in) Sure most of you have watched the movie Patton, thats the type of QB we need, one that when everyone else is excited to take command and settle the troops. I don't care if it's Jake, Lienart, or another QB, just think thats the kind of leadership we've been missing since John left.

For what it's worth i do like the boy from Boise State. Haven't heard too much about him and where he might get drafted but i like what i saw in his bowl game last year.

Comment

• topscribe
                            RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
                            I loved the idea of Jake coming to Denver when it happened. Really though with all the offensive weapons he'd be lethal. I do have to admit he's let me down a good deal. I think the most important trait a QB can have is being cool when things aren't going well. I know there'll never be another Elway but even a guy like Marc Bulger. I've watched the boy since he played college ball and he never gets rattled. I wish Jake had that. I know he's 19 -8 or something close but i'd take an 8-8 regular season then have a run through the playoffs. (I know 8-8 prob. wouldn't get us in) Sure most of you have watched the movie Patton, thats the type of QB we need, one that when everyone else is excited to take command and settle the troops. I don't care if it's Jake, Lienart, or another QB, just think thats the kind of leadership we've been missing since John left.

For what it's worth i do like the boy from Boise State. Haven't heard too much about him and where he might get drafted but i like what i saw in his bowl game last year.
                            It sounds is if your disappointment is borne of the flooding of negativity aobut Jake. It also sounds as if you bought the claims that our postseason loss was on Jake.

Heaven, Jake has only supported your approval of his coming to Denver. Besides being 19-8, he has led us into the postseason both years he has been here. The loss of the game to Indy this past January cannot be laid on the QB. With our lack of pass defense, John Elway would not have won that game. Indy knew exactly what to do on offense and on defense. It therefore took the first half to figure the Colts out, and by that time it was too late. Manning had passed us dizzy the first half. That we could not cover their receivers because we had a rookie cornerback and no pass rush was no fault of Jake's. He bore part of the burden on offense in the first half, but by no means was he alone. It was an all around team failure.

The game was really divided into two games. Indy skunked us in the first half, 35-3. The second half was a different story. We won that 21-14. Had we begun the game the way we began the second half, it would have been a much tighter game.

Meanwhile, Jake finished the game having completed 24 of 34 passes for 284 yards and 2 TDs and 1 INT. But that's not going to make much difference when the defense allows the other QB to pass for 457 yards and 4 TDs.

In the end, Jake is not the one who lost the postseason game. But he led us there in the first place. And to demonstrate what a terrific difference he makes on the team, in 2003 the Broncos were 1-3 without him and 9-2 with him. So don't become unhappy with him quite yet. Let's see what happens this year. I think we'll both be pleased.

If Jake does what I think he's going to do, we'll be drafting other positions in the 2006 draft.

-----

Comment

• Momentum
                              Banned User
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Im taking the under on 4 more years of Jake. Him and Shannahan for that matter.

We have 2 1st rounders... we have more than enough to trade up if we have to, besides we could get the 1st pick from the Skins.... that would be great.

Comment

• Almost Heaven
                                Practice Squad
                                • Oct 2003

Don't get me wrong, i don't blame the entire playoff loss on Plummer. I know he don't play defense. I know that sometimes when things get bad, plummer has lost his cool. Remember in the HOF game when he threw those INT's. He came over to the sidelines to complaing to Shanny his WR didn't run the right route or something. Shanny didn't seem too understanding about that either. He needs to to just shake it off and try not to blame anyone. He's the QB. You have to take the heat for things like that and go out and make a play! He has the talent don't get me wrong, i think the mental aspect he needs a little work on. Hopefully he can put it all together this year and win the big one.

Comment

Working...
                                X