• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topscribe
    RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Almost Heaven
    Don't get me wrong, i don't blame the entire playoff loss on Plummer. I know he don't play defense. I know that sometimes when things get bad, plummer has lost his cool. Remember in the HOF game when he threw those INT's. He came over to the sidelines to complaing to Shanny his WR didn't run the right route or something. Shanny didn't seem too understanding about that either. He needs to to just shake it off and try not to blame anyone. He's the QB. You have to take the heat for things like that and go out and make a play! He has the talent don't get me wrong, i think the mental aspect he needs a little work on. Hopefully he can put it all together this year and win the big one.
    Well, if the WR did not run the right route, it is Jake's job to bring that up to Shanny, although I don't know how that conversation got out to the public. Nonetheless, were I QB, and I were picked because the WR was somewhere besides where he was supposed to be, someone would hear about it. I assure you.

-----

Comment

• Iceman_44b
      Practice Squad
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Momentum
      Im taking the under on 4 more years of Jake. Him and Shannahan for that matter.

We have 2 1st rounders... we have more than enough to trade up if we have to, besides we could get the 1st pick from the Skins.... that would be great.
      Plummer is going to be our quaterback for the next three or four years. FACE IT. I think Jake can play a whole lot better than he has shown us. I'll take a seasoned vet like Plummer anyday over a young rookie like Liehart, and I hate Plummer! So why would you spend two 1st rounders to pick him up? We have other issue to address. I would however spend one 1st round pick on Vince Young if hes there, say around the 20th pick. 1. For insurance. 2. For Talent. He's got a ton of it. Liehart??????????????? I'll pass!!

"The Dayne agreement"

Comment

• Momentum
        Banned User
        • Jun 2005

Plummer will not be a Bronco for 3 more seasons, FACE IT.

This is Griese all over again.....

Comment

• Momentum
          Banned User
          • Jun 2005

Also, I want to add to everyone screaming "Noooo we need Plummer for 4 seasons!"

What do you do for the next 4 seasons? Ignore the fact that we have no quality youth or depth at the position? I would only expect such ludicrous behavior from Mike Shannahan himself. We all know Elway won his first when he was 36... but guess what?! THERE IS ONLY ONE JOHN ELWAY, HE'S NOT COMING BACK AND JAKE PLUMMER IS NOT HIS REINCARNATION.

Regardless of whether Plummer STAYS here for the duration of his contract, its very unlikely he will be a starter that long. Someone in Dove Valley wanted Jeff Garcia and Gus Ferotte.... not exactly your average starting QBs. Its clear to see that they dont even trust Jake at his point.

If we dont draft the QB of the future soon (two 2006 first rounders is the perfect opprotunity) this team will be a absolute mess once its time to move on from Plummer. And once again I'll say it.... it's coming sooner than you think.

Comment

• vicious2500
            Bench Warmer
            • Jan 2004

Plummer will not be a Bronco for 3 more seasons, FACE IT.

This is Griese all over again.....

Also, I want to add to everyone screaming "Noooo we need Plummer for 4 seasons!"

What do you do for the next 4 seasons? Ignore the fact that we have no quality youth or depth at the position? I would only expect such ludicrous behavior from Mike Shannahan himself. We all know Elway won his first when he was 36... but guess what?! THERE IS ONLY ONE JOHN ELWAY, HE'S NOT COMING BACK AND JAKE PLUMMER IS NOT HIS REINCARNATION.

Regardless of whether Plummer STAYS here for the duration of his contract, its very unlikely he will be a starter that long. Someone in Dove Valley wanted Jeff Garcia and Gus Ferotte.... not exactly your average starting QBs. Its clear to see that they dont even trust Jake at his point.

If we dont draft the QB of the future soon (two 2006 first rounders is the perfect opprotunity) this team will be a absolute mess once its time to move on from Plummer. And once again I'll say it.... it's coming sooner than you think.
            I like Jake's performance thus far in denver and I'm looking forward to himseeing him in action this upcoming season. Like many have mentioned he is coming into his 3rd year into the system and this is usually the year shanny's QB's make there move. So I'm looking forward to another good year from Plummer with a playoff win or two . I also want to know how Plummer is griese all over agian when Griese didn't lead us to the playoffs for 4 years, but Plummer has lead us there twice in his 2 years here?
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

• topscribe
              RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
              • Apr 2005

Well . . .

You may look at "no quality depth" as a fact, but not everyone does. So while you are out beating the bushes for us for another Elway, I am hoping the team uses the draft picks on more urgent needs, such as the Oline and/or WR.

If you find one, let us know . . . .

-----

Comment

• Jrhampton
                Banned User
                • Mar 2004

I think you have misread the intentions of Mikey, he wanted garcia as a B/U he is 4-5years older than Jake is and not much left in the tank. Ferrore is nothing but a backup QB could never beat Jake out unless he was hurt.

The 11% that dislike Jake so much they'd rather see them lose than be successfull.

Comment

• topscribe
                  RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                  • Apr 2005

Yes . . .

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  I think you have misread the intentions of Mikey, he wanted garcia as a B/U he is 4-5years older than Jake is and not much left in the tank. Ferrore is nothing but a backup QB could never beat Jake out unless he was hurt.

The 11% that dislike Jake so much they'd rather see them lose than be successfull.
                  That's my suspicion. To put it more succinctly, some people would rather see the Broncos lose than to see Jake win.
                  That's the way it sometimes appears, anyway.

-----

Comment

• Bronco8534
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jan 2005

matt leinart would never become a bronco because the broncos would never trade down to get matt leinart and wut if leinart has a really bad year like the guy from oklahoma did maybe if he did that bad then he might not even be drafted

sig made by snk16

I adopted Ebenezar Ekuban

Comment

• BroncoInATL
                      Practice Squad
                      • Apr 2005

Is he mobile enough for Shanny's Offense?

Comment

• topscribe
                        RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BroncoInATL
                        Is he mobile enough for Shanny's Offense?
                        According to this source, he runs a 4.9. About the average for a defensive lineman.

Make what you want of it.

-----

Comment

• OhNoKoolAid
                          Special Teams
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by topscribe
                          According to this source, he runs a 4.9. About the average for a defensive lineman.

-----
                          Those are all estimated times, taken from watching film and hearsay from the USC coaching staff.

As for him not being fast enough for Shanahan's offense, Shanahan tailors his scheme around the starting quarterback, be it John Eway, Brian Griese or Jake Plummer. he isn't set in one way, except in the running game. The quarterbacks under Shanahan have all had a unique way to run the play action, only Jake uses it more than the others.

I'm not suggesting we take Matt Leinart, or shoot for him, all I'm saying is that there isn't enough excuses to prove that Leinart wouldn't be a fit here or anywhere. FYI to others, USC runs plenty of play action, and their pro style offense under Norm Chow has prepared Leinart for a smooth transition into the pro game.

Comment

• topscribe
                            RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                            Those are all estimated times, taken from watching film and hearsay from the USC coaching staff.

As for him not being fast enough for Shanahan's offense, Shanahan tailors his scheme around the starting quarterback, be it John Eway, Brian Griese or Jake Plummer. he isn't set in one way, except in the running game. The quarterbacks under Shanahan have all had a unique way to run the play action, only Jake uses it more than the others.

I'm not suggesting we take Matt Leinart, or shoot for him, all I'm saying is that there isn't enough excuses to prove that Leinart wouldn't be a fit here or anywhere. FYI to others, USC runs plenty of play action, and their pro style offense under Norm Chow has prepared Leinart for a smooth transition into the pro game.
                            Yes, I know. Tucson, Arizona, is right down here in PAC-10 country. I see a lot of USC--and Leinart.

-----

Comment

• OhNoKoolAid
                              Special Teams
                              • Apr 2004

Yes, I know. Tucson, Arizona, is right down here in PAC-10 country. I see a lot of USC--and Leinart.

-----
                              Even though I linked your response, I didn't intend for this to be directed at you, moreso those who continue to look for reasons Matt Leinart couldn't play here, or anywhere.

Comment

• BroncoInATL
                                Practice Squad
                                • Apr 2005

-----

I didn't mean straight ahead speed. Can the kid scramble like McNabb, Elway, Chris Leak?

He could run a 4.9 but be as mobile as Danny Wureful or Theisman.

Comment

Working...
                                X