maurice the best rookie?

maurice is looking like he's the best rookie that denver picked of this season. maurice will probably rock any rookies world.

Yes . . .

He may very well turn out to be. He oozes talent.

But probably not this year . . .

-----

The rookie that has the best shot of turning out the best is that Chirs Myers, or Dave.... can't think right now. An O-linemen from Miami, lot's of talent, and I KNOW can play at an NFL level, especially with Denver.

It's a long shot, and, he'll have to keep his head out of his ass and work hard.
    - [B][COLOR=Orange]Bronco[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]Fan[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]Canada[/COLOR]

Clarett might be in the future but Darrent Williams(think thats his name whoever the first guy we picked was) has the best chance to play this year as the KR and PR so he'll be the best rookie this year

Yes . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dk16bronco
    Clarett might be in the future but Darrent Williams(think thats his name whoever the first guy we picked was) has the best chance to play this year as the KR and PR so he'll be the best rookie this year
    Yes, Williams will probably be the best rookie this next year. And Clarett may well be the best ultimately. I read in a place or two where the author thought that Clarett may ultimately have the talent to be the best RB out of this year's crop. Sorry, I can't provide the piece for you at the moment.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Dk16bronco
    I agree and hope he does great for us.
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

I think you are correct on this one. Mikey has to much pride invested in this one to not see that he gets extra looks in preseason.

When tater falters in about game ONE this year BIGMO will be off the bench and on his way to ROY honors.

Seriuosly I think he has as good a shot at it as any of our real rookies. None of them are gonna see the field much unless we have a serious IR problem.

Big MO will get a lot of touches, 4-5 times as much playing time as the rest, maybe even combined.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    He may very well turn out to be. He oozes talent.

But probably not this year . . .

-----
    man ,wake up ! he hasnt suited up yet ,a player must earn respect,instead of fans guessing ! gezzzzzzzzz and have a nice sunday w/respect

Quote Originally Posted by daynewillreign
    man ,wake up ! he hasnt suited up yet ,a player must earn respect,instead of fans guessing ! gezzzzzzzzz and have a nice sunday w/respect
    Try reading a post correctly.

I said he may turn out to be a good choice.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Joey
    maurice is looking like he's the best rookie that denver picked of this season. maurice will probably rock any rookies world.
    How do you know that? Don't take me wrong, Clarett and for this matter, all the Broncos have 100% my support, so I want all do well. I'm just asking whether you have seen anything or read something that makes you think that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo_Bronco
    How do you know that? Don't take me wrong, Clarett and for this matter, all the Broncos have 100% my support, so I want all do well. I'm just asking whether you have seen anything or read something that makes you think that way?

Well, Amigo, I am of the impression that those who think Clarett is going to come in this year and become the next Jim Brown have never played football. I repeat, replicate, reiterate, and duplicate (to be redundant ) that Clarett has been out of football for two years . . . . after less than a season in college ball. Yes, he has gobs of talent, but he has less experience even than the typical rookie, he is nowhere near in football shape, and he knows nothing of the overall speed of the pro game. I do not expect to see much of him at all in 2005 unless he is a superhuman phenom, and I don't believe he is.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Well, Amigo, I am of the impression that those who think Clarett is going to come in this year and become the next Jim Brown have never played football. I repeat, replicate, reiterate, and duplicate (to be redundant ) that Clarett has been out of football for two years . . . . after less than a season in college ball. Yes, he has gobs of talent, but he has less experience even than the typical rookie, he is nowhere near in football shape, and he knows nothing of the overall speed of the pro game. I do not expect to see much of him at all in 2005 unless he is a superhuman phenom, and I don't believe he is.

-----
    Good point. But my comment was from a naive perspective: Joey said that Clarett is looking like the best rookie. Was his an educated guess or does he know something that we don't?

My personal opinion about rookies is that I don't have one ... I don't follow college football, so all I know about these players is what I've read in draft reports or in this forum. So, I don't have a clue whether Clarett is the best rookie or will be Ernster or whoever.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo_Bronco
    Good point. But my comment was from a naive perspective: Joey said that Clarett is looking like the best rookie. Was his an educated guess or does he know something that we don't?

My personal opinion about rookies is that I don't have one ... I don't follow college football, so all I know about these players is what I've read in draft reports or in this forum. So, I don't have a clue whether Clarett is the best rookie or will be Ernster or whoever.
    In other words, that was more of a request for info?

From my perspective, it is hard to tell who might be more promising. We have three sub 4.4 rookies in D. Williams, Paymah, and Foxworth. Ernster's punts are often moonshots. Myers may be the steal of the draft; I would not be surprised if he were the heir apparent to Nalen. Clarett could become a star, but it is likely going to be a while, as I opined.

We also came up with a couple UFAs: Friehauf and Browner. Friehauf has a howitzer arm and has shown great field vision, and it is still beyond me why Browner wasn't drafted on the first day; he could become the heir apparent to Lynch's position.

This may well be one of the finest drafts the Broncos have ever enjoyed. Of course, it could also be a bust. That's the nature of bringing in rookies; through all the research, workouts, brainstorming, etc., it still can be somewhat of a crapshoot.

We'll see . . . .

-----