2005 NFL Draft Reaches

Here are my predictions on the players that will struggle in 2005 and 2006 . . .

7) Minnesota - Troy Williamson

We know he has blazing speed, but he didn't touch the ball much at South Carolina, and everyone keeps saying he's "raw" . . . that's a curious word to use for a top 10 pick . . .

21) Jacksonville - Matt Jones

The guy has barely played receiver, and now he's supposed to be all world . . . let's see . . .

23) Oakland - Fabian Washington

Al Davis loves to draft speed guys, but there were better corners drafted below him (Jackson,Miller) . . .

24) Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers - A guy who isn't even needed this year is drafted, and GB has holes like swiss cheese on defense . . . to make matters worse, he has struggled in minicamps . . .

25) Washington - Jason Campbell

LOL - Washington trades up and loses their #1 in 2006 (in effect) to take this guy . . . he only had one good year and his work habits are being questioned . . . right now its debatable whether he is even better than Ramsey . . .

washington - the worst run franchise in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003
    washington - the worst run franchise in the NFL.
    That's because Dan Snyder thinks he knows football and is surrounded by yes men.

I was supirsed Gibbs didn't quit after seeing this.
    [img]http://img45.echo.cx/img45/334/broncosinatlsigpic7zh.jpg[/img][img]http://www.jagfire.net/nfl/lynch.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoInATL
    That's because Dan Snyder thinks he knows football and is surrounded by yes men.

I was supirsed Gibbs didn't quit after seeing this.
    I am surprised Gibbs even came back to the Redskins in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by BVP
    I am surprised Gibbs even came back to the Redskins in the first place.
    I'm thinking that Gibbs used the first year just to get his feet wet again.....and re-learn the league.

This year will be different. He'll be wading into it with all his might.
    Dan S might have just met his match.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    I'm thinking that Gibbs used the first year just to get his feet wet again.....and re-learn the league.

This year will be different. He'll be wading into it with all his might.
    Dan S might have just met his match.
    lets hope not till next year,
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Troy Williamson was one of the most explosive players in the draft. If you watched him enough, you'd see a player who was taking five yard passes and gone twenty, thirty or the complete distance. He may be raw in terms of route running, but his athleticism, hands and raw speed (4.3s) all translate well to the NFL.

South Carolina is mostly a run team thats why he didn't get passed to much but when he did it made something of it.
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Aaron Rodgers isnt a reach. He was a possible #1 pick, but dropped so far due to many reasons, mainly because teams didnt need a QB. Green Bay couldnt pass up that opportunity to have pick up Favres successor, after missing out on others in the previous years.

Cool

i think that washington shouldnt have picked jason campbell because ramsey is better and is young so he wont need to be replaced for a while unless he gets trade or his contract is up
    [IMG]http://img297.echo.cx/img297/2730/bronco8534sig1yg.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]sig made by snk16[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2481/animation35ak.gif [/IMG]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=3]I adopted Ebenezar Ekuban[/SIZE][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/COLOR]

There's no way Rodgers is a reach. A few years from now, he will definitely be called a steal. The Broncos' 1st day picks (except for Foxworth) qualify as reaches. Nick Collins, the CB from Bethune-Cookman picked 50th overall was a reach. Stanford Routt, picked in the 30s by the Raiders, was a reach.

If you mean rookie busts, then yes, most of those guys will probably not be productive.

Williamson is behind Burleson, Robinson, and probably Campbell on the depth chart, but has the chance to prove himself in training camp and play in the slot.

Jones needs to learn a new position, get used to running routes, and learn how to block.

Washington will really struggle badly, because the Raiders have no pass rush, and Washington is already known for giving up big plays.

Rodgers is backing up Favre.

Campbell is backing up Ramsey.

But then again, you can look at many skill position players picked in the first round. Almost all of them will have to compete with somebody to get a job, and to only target Williamson, Jones, Rodgers, and Campbell is unfair. Even Alex Smith needs to beat out Tim Rattay. Even Ronnie Brown has to beat Ricky Williams and Travis Minor. Even Braylon Edwards needs to beat out Andre Davis or Quincy Morgan. Even Cedric Benson needs to beat out Thomas Jones. Even Cadillac Williams has to beat out Charlie Garner. Even Mike Williams has to beat out Charles Rogers or Roy Williams. And that's just out of the top 10. So really, by your description, all of these players were "reaches."