Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver'sChamp
    Is Feugerson a good coverage safety? Let's hope so for Bailey sake.
    He's decent. He's not particularly fast, and he is still a better as a strong safety than a free safety. But right now, he is by far the best option at free safety, because he is capable of man-to-man coverage. I'd be happy to have him playing FS for the next two years before his contract expires. He'll be 33 or 34 by then.

If I was Shanan I would use one of my picks on USC's safety(Darnel Bing).He is big, fast, heavy, hitter. Bing runs the 40 in 4.4. He we is 6'2 220 lbs.

I would put Fergeuson behind( back up) Bailey in the Eagle's and Raider's game. Bailey needs help, in those games, like Chiefs need a defense.
    Moss and Owens are the top two recievers in the NFL.

brandon browner is all the safety we need

but really, is reggie tongue still a free agent?
    for loving the game and never letting go, thank you dennis [IMG]http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6303724.jpg[/IMG]

[URL=http://s12.invisionfree.com/Football_Board/index.php?act=idx]Join Football Board![/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by ttejuco
    Omg.

How do we know Nick Ferguson is solid? Last time i checked, he started 10 games in 2003 replacing Kenoy Kennedy and then starting at free safety. He racked up 72 tackles in 10 starts. He also is a role player on special teams. He is definately a solid player. Why else would you get a nick name "Train Wreck".

i know another way you get a nickname like "train wreck" but its not appropriate for a football message board...
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSmoke
    That's beyond the point. He still had 2 wheels, he could have at least COVERED the TEs, instead of letting them run by him.

that could also be the coverage they played

Speaking of train wrecks...

Some times these threads get a bit off course. Usually because some have better info than others regarding FA or trades or maybe they saw people play in college. (Some one must have really seen a lot of OSU games the past three years to say Browner is the future at safety. Did they win any of the civil war games? Did he make any big plays in those games or against Cal or USC?) Anyway the thread started by simply asking who was available. Not "who can we get to take over for Slow Hand Lynch?" I bet the Broncos are monitoring the FA situation at BOTH safety positions. Brandon only hits girls and the other guys are all converted CBs. (Sorry bad joke). So just like last year when we brought in a FA safety I expect them to keep looking for depth until these youngsters prove they can compete for the #1 spot. Shannahan doesn't want people satisfied to be #2 he wants guys trying to steal jobs. The difference this year is that Ferguson was our primary guy for BOTH safety positions and now he is the SS, so that may be one of the toughest battles in camp especially if they find any FAs.

Back by popular demand - for all you doubters of Ferguson's nickname:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...09&videoID=399

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSmoke
    Excellent post. Everyone read Ravage's post. JOHN LYNCH IS NOT THAT GOOD! He is basically what Kenoy is, a running stuffing DB. You have to do more in the defensive backfield than stuff the run.
    Wait.. thats not what I said. John Lynch IS good. He may not be at his PRIME, but the guy just has PRESENCE. He has FOOTBALL Smarts.. he's a director and a leader on the field. He Reads the plays and is Always in the right place to make plays. His big hits IGNITE a defense. His leadership skills are fantastic.

You can't say that ALL those 7 Pro-bowls were simply popularity contests. For YEARS he was considered teh TOP saftely in the league. He' more than a run stopper.. THAT is just what he does BEST. He is also DAMN good at laying the wood on the WR that tries to claim turf across the middle.

Kennoy wasn't every in Lynch's class. He was a kid that was TRYING to mimick Lynch, and just didn't have the skills to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    Wait.. thats not what I said. John Lynch IS good. He may not be at his PRIME, but the guy just has PRESENCE. He has FOOTBALL Smarts.. he's a director and a leader on the field. He Reads the plays and is Always in the right place to make plays. His big hits IGNITE a defense. His leadership skills are fantastic.

You can't say that ALL those 7 Pro-bowls were simply popularity contests. For YEARS he was considered teh TOP saftely in the league. He' more than a run stopper.. THAT is just what he does BEST. He is also DAMN good at laying the wood on the WR that tries to claim turf across the middle.

Kennoy wasn't every in Lynch's class. He was a kid that was TRYING to mimick Lynch, and just didn't have the skills to do it.
    I must be sick as I agree with you on this one.

Way to many times did kenndy get beat over the middle trailing a WR into the endzone and countless times where he'd lay the wood to someone only to have them spin off and keep on truckin.

When John Boy lays the wood he also wraps up or puts them out prone.

Is Fergeuson good in coverage? We need a sure tackler.