Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cell phone ring tones

i've got 2 questions:

1. have any of you ever downloaded ringtones off a web site? if so, did it work? did you end up getting lots of telemarketer calls? i was looking to get one off a site where you call and enter some code and then your phone downloads it. but basically i want to know whether those sites are legit.

2. whats your ringtone right now? currently mine is a really annoying song called "hat dance"

go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Mine is just set on vibrate. i have actual music ones on it but i work alot so i just leave it on vibrate

Home-brewed techno beat that sounds like something I could've downloaded.

(My cell has some sort of DJ mixer on it)

mine is
    Some Cut-Trillville

1- I download my ringtones through a built-in program on my phone. It costs $1.99 a tone and works very well. I have never downloaded a ringtone off of a web page so I don't know if they are legit or if they are not.

2- I have two ringtones on my phone. I have Holiday - Green Day (for incoming calls) and Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd (for voice mail).
    There's more to life than the Denver Broncos. Let me know when you find it.

Hear the dogs howling out of key, to a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' - Green Day

"If I can not bend heaven, I shall move Hell." - Vergil (Aeneid VII)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...MAnderson2.jpg

My phone just makes one singular beep that sounds like a bell.
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e310/gagne.jpg
    "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

im cheap.

and lazy.

i still got what the phone came with.

Asian Jingle...(chopsticks)...yeah buddy....lol

[CENTER][B]SEMPER FI: DO OR DIE
    [IMG]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5200/usmc6tw.gif[/IMG]
    We're The USMC, And We're Looking For A Few Good Men
    [IMG]http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/3204/mesinblues3lc.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=1](wow...i look so young...)[/SIZE]

[/B]
    [COLOR=Red][I]From the Halls of Montezuma,[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Yellow]To the shores of Tripoli;[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]We fight our country's battles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Yellow]In air, on land and sea;[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]First to fight for rights and freedom[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Yellow]And to keep our honor clean;[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red]We are proud to claim the title of[/COLOR]
    [SIZE=4][B]UNITED STATES MARINES.
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]OORAH![/COLOR] [/B][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER][/I]

Mine is a weird speed up version of Moonlight sonata by Beethoven...

I got it right off my phone, there is a way to buy them without going on lne... I have never recieved a telemarketer call ever... Do they actually do that?
    ---IZAAK

I just purchased a new Cell Phone. I am thinking if i should "Buy" a ring tone. I could do it right of my phone. But i found a free one in the mix of the ones you have to buy some techno kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by IZAAK
    I got it right off my phone, there is a way to buy them without going on lne... I have never recieved a telemarketer call ever... Do they actually do that?
    yeah i can surf for some on my phone, but then it costs per minute surfing and the selection of cingular rings isn't extensive. plus, the one i'm thinking about getting is a bit obscure (theme song for a japanese tv show). i don't know whether using the site would result in telemarketer calls or not, thats what i'm trying to figure out, but the sites seem a bit shady to me.

one of the main ways telemarketers get number is when ppl sign up for drawings for cars/trips etc. same w/ spam email. the ring tone site seems like it would be a good way too, since you have to call them up. but who knows.

go broncos
    share the sidewalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattos
    yeah i can surf for some on my phone, but then it costs per minute surfing and the selection of cingular rings isn't extensive. plus, the one i'm thinking about getting is a bit obscure (theme song for a japanese tv show). i don't know whether using the site would result in telemarketer calls or not, thats what i'm trying to figure out, but the sites seem a bit shady to me.

one of the main ways telemarketers get number is when ppl sign up for drawings for cars/trips etc. same w/ spam email. the ring tone site seems like it would be a good way too, since you have to call them up. but who knows.

I would be less worried about telemarketers than I would about a monthly contract. Sometimes those guys stick you into a monthly contract so you pay like $2 a month to them. -_-

If you have a motorola that can take mp3's, a usb cable and some software I could send you = free ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthenerd
    I would be less worried about telemarketers than I would about a monthly contract. Sometimes those guys stick you into a monthly contract so you pay like $2 a month to them. -_-

If you have a motorola that can take mp3's, a usb cable and some software I could send you = free ringtones
    monthly contract! yeah that makes sense. my phone isn't a motorola and it isn't that good anyway - just polyphonic rings. thx for the offer though.

go broncos
    share the sidewalk

monthly contract! yeah that makes sense. my phone isn't a motorola and it isn't that good anyway - just polyphonic rings. thx for the offer though.
    Just be careful, read the fine print.

My phone's actually pretty sweet, plays MP3's so I have different clips from different songs for different people.

My Mom, I have the funeral March
    My gf, Everything by Lifehouse
    My friends, I have Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
    My Professor, I have the Peter Gunn theme

I switch it up every so often if I'm bored.

i've got 2 questions:

1. have any of you ever downloaded ringtones off a web site? if so, did it work? did you end up getting lots of telemarketer calls? i was looking to get one off a site where you call and enter some code and then your phone downloads it. but basically i want to know whether those sites are legit.

2. whats your ringtone right now? currently mine is a really annoying song called "hat dance"

1) nope,

2) uh...just a doubled up "beep beep.' Usually, its on vibrate. I only have it on ring in the car so that I can hear over the baby's babbling and the radio.

I've never downloaded any ringtones, but I've used this "Get it Now" thing on my phone. It's like two bucks for a ringtone. I've got Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Part II.