Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The closest battles....

Where will the closest battles for position be?

Safe to say that there will be one hell of a tango between Darius Watts and Jerry Rice for the #3 receiver spot...

Still no clear-cut starter at Right Guard either...I hear that Clabo has the inside track, from a sports mag of course...(Think it was Street and Smith's)

Will Tatum Bell become something more than a "projected Starter"...

I also expect a bloodbath at the Nickle-Corner position too...It's Roc's job to lose and there are 3 hungry rooks waiting for their shot...

Any battles that I forgot?

Who will win these battles?
    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Watts and rice, it will be close i hope the battle brings out the best in watts
    Last edited by OrangeShadow; 07-20-2005 at 09:27 AM.

OK,

Believe it or not, I think RB should be one heck of a battle, between Tater and Mike Anderson. Mike had the starting spot all but locked up last preseason and then..well, you know.

I expect Tater to shine and win the spot, ultimately.

At third WR, I really can't see it being much of a battle. Rice is too slow and cannot get seperation anymore.

Watts easily, in this one.

I believe Carlisle should have the inside track at RG.

As for the Nickle Back position, I think Foxworth is going to turn some heads and probably be a regular at that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by boltzpride619 View Post
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign View Post
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Additionally...

Truthfully, I would like to see LeSeuer challenge Ferguson for the starting spot at FS, as well.
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Quote Originally Posted by RunByDesign
    Truthfully, I would like to see LeSeuer challenge Ferguson for the starting spot at FS, as well.
    I was going to add that.

But yeah. Mike Anderson isn't going to hand Tatum the job. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    I was going to add that.

But yeah. Mike Anderson isn't going to hand Tatum the job. We'll see.
    Yeah, when Mike is healthy and running like he can run, he is a beast. He knows the system well, has good vision and can routinely break arm tackles and has a decent burst for a big man.

Yeah, when Mike is healthy and running like he can run, he is a beast. He knows the system well, has good vision and can routinely break arm tackles and has a decent burst for a big man.
    I remember when he broke out a 44 yarder on the Raiders on Monday Night Football 2 seasons back. It was sick, he busted through the hole, stiffarmed, crap I forget who he stiffarmed... But then he kept running and dove for the pylon, touchdown.

I sincerely hope Mike can return to the form he was in when he won Rookie of the Year.

Probably not, but....lets hope he can regain around 90 to 95 percent of his original form.

What about TE?
    Does Putz have the job solidified? or can Hape, Jackson or Duke take it from him. Just a suggestion.
    But i bet shanny will have some sort of rotation for TE like he did last year. Cause i don't see Shanny keeping this many TEs around. I think there is 6 on the roster now...

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme_D###
    What about TE?
    Does Putz have the job solidified? or can Hape, Jackson or Duke take it from him. Just a suggestion.
    But i bet shanny will have some sort of rotation for TE like he did last year. Cause i don't see Shanny keeping this many TEs around. I think there is 6 on the roster now...
    In short...no.

Alexander will provide the biggest push..that is...if he even makes the roster.

Jeb has the position on lock down. It is his to lose. He has WR speed and moves at the position. He needs to work on consistency, route running, blocking and the small things that will encourage Jake to look for and depend on him more. (like getting open)

It will be interesting to see how Nate Jackson works out, BTW.

Professional Hell Raiser.
    OK,

Believe it or not, I think RB should be one heck of a battle, between Tater and Mike Anderson. Mike had the starting spot all but locked up last preseason and then..well, you know.
    Yes that will be a close battle but Mike not only has to worry about injuries, we have to worry about the marijuana.

Jack Luminous Guest

With Brandon Browner thrown in for good measure...

Jack Luminous Guest

D-Line

D-Line is easily the m,ost interesting for me....I mean there are 19 guys right now on the roster trying to shake down to ten or maybe eleven spots....that will be VERY interesting to me...

Professional Hell Raiser.

Quote Originally Posted by West
    I thought Browner was being moved to SS. Not sure.
    You can be sure. That is where they want him.

-----