Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    I think Stephen Alexander gets cut. Shanny axed two guys that were thought to be locks for the roster, and I think that Nate Jackson will emerge as a TREMENDOUS threat at the TE spot. So much so that Alexander is given his walking papers, and Hape lives to fight another day. I also see Quentin Griffin being cut. He's coming back from a serious knee injury, and his running style doesn't fit our system. Dayne will grab his roster spot.
    Well, Alexander wouldn't be the first ex-Pro Bowler shown the door at the position.
    Chamberlain's exit, as you remember, was a real shocker.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by TDforTatum26
    will you still be saying Clarett will be our horse if and when Tatum has a monster season?
    I have a strange feeling that Tatum will run for 1,500 yards each of the next two years and then get traded for draft picks or a defensive player. Our past two leading rushers were traded, don't be surprised if he was the third.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan247
    I don't think Mike Anderson is out of the woods yet. Especially if he doesn't win the starting job. His paycheck might be alittle more than his role on the team.
    Anderson can play Runningback or Fullback at a high level, he aint going nowhere this year, but the same cant be said for Dorrset Davis, Sam Brandon, Ron Dayne, Cecil Sapp, Raylee Johnson and maybe even Marco Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman
    Anderson can play Runningback or Fullback at a high level, he aint going nowhere this year, but the same cant be said for Dorrset Davis, Sam Brandon, Ron Dayne, Cecil Sapp, Raylee Johnson and maybe even Marco Coleman.
    I can actually see Ron Dayne staying. People don't realize how BIG of a steal he is for the RZ. And in case of an injury, you pluck him in and he'll run good. See, in WI, Dayne ALWAYS started out slow. But as the game went on, he did. So I think he stays, but the others I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    I can actually see Ron Dayne staying. People don't realize how BIG of a steal he is for the RZ. And in case of an injury, you pluck him in and he'll run good. See, in WI, Dayne ALWAYS started out slow. But as the game went on, he did. So I think he stays, but the others I agree with.
    yes, Dayne is a good back, i watched him in college, im putting him on the list because i think if a runner has to be cut that shanny wont cut Q, personally i think Q isnt that great and id rather have a big tackle breaking back like Dayne as my backup or 3rd string, but we are talking about shanny here and he loves Q .

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman
    yes, Dayne is a good back, i watched him in college, im putting him on the list because i think if a runner has to be cut that shanny wont cut Q, personally i think Q isnt that great and id rather have a big tackle breaking back like Dayne as my backup or 3rd string, but we are talking about shanny here and he loves Q .
    I would think he cut Sapp... but I still don't know how many RB's he would want, it's shanny! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    I agree with this analysis.

Luke, Crenshaw, and Johnson have alot of talent, and are not worth bouncing for a year's rental of Rice.
    I never said that B.J. Johnson would be cut, only that he would have to prove himself better than either Luke or Rice to make the squad. What's wrong with that? IF B.J. Johnson is what fans hope for him, he'll make it. Either of those guys could end up on the practice squad.

Either Luke, Crenshaw or Johnson won't make the squad if Rice stays. One of them will. Well, so what? If they aren't better than Jerry Rice at age 100 then . . . .

My point is that we're talking about a #4 or #5 WR, and there are a LOT of guys floating around the NFL who have that level of talent. Maybe D.J. Johnson or Luke becomes a quality starting #3 WR in the future, but it's not like we're talking about cutting the next Anquan Boldin.

Next year does anyone think we can't pick up a #4 WR off the waiver wire, or draft one?

Jack Luminous Guest

Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    I never said that B.J. Johnson would be cut, only that he would have to prove himself better than either Luke or Rice to make the squad. What's wrong with that? IF B.J. Johnson is what fans hope for him, he'll make it. Either of those guys could end up on the practice squad.

Either Luke, Crenshaw or Johnson won't make the squad if Rice stays. One of them will. Well, so what? If they aren't better than Jerry Rice at age 100 then . . . .

My point is that we're talking about a #4 or #5 WR, and there are a LOT of guys floating around the NFL who have that level of talent. Maybe D.J. Johnson or Luke becomes a quality starting #3 WR in the future, but it's not like we're talking about cutting the next Anquan Boldin.

Next year does anyone think we can't pick up a #4 WR off the waiver wire, or draft one?
    BJ Johnson, Romar Crenshaw and Triandos Luke are all eligible for a second year on the practice squad as well...so we would not necessarily have to 'cut our ties' with anyone of them if we don't choose to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Luminous
    BJ Johnson, Romar Crenshaw and Triandos Luke are all eligible for a second year on the practice squad as well...so we would not necessarily have to 'cut our ties' with anyone of them if we don't choose to do so...
    Actually, I think Luke is ineligable since he spent more then 8 games on the active roster last season. He has to make the roster or be released.

Johnson is eligable.

Crenshaw is as well unless he's been there for two seasons already, I can't remember if its been one or two for him.

It's been one for Crenshaw.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!