• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elway
    Master of Game Day!
    • Jun 2003

Questions about virtual cards?

Have questions about virtual cards? What they are? How they work? How to trade them?

If any of these apply to you, or you just want to discuss them, contact JWINN.
    He has been a great help here. An unofficial ambassador of good will and information about our virtual card set up here. He goes cukoo for cocoa puffs and loves helping out in this area.

Just pm him, or leave him a message and he will be sure to get back to you soon.

As always you can also feel free to contact and of the mods or Admin with questions.

Peace out.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!
  • JWinn
    Go Broncos!
    • Aug 2004

Bring it on!

If I can answer your questions, or help you in anyway, just let me know! I'll do my best to get you where you need to be!

Comment

• AzBroncoFan67
      Jesus has my back
      • Aug 2004

did the trading issue get resolved, and what exactly was it?

By the way, congrats on your position. You are the man for the job
      sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Comment

• JWinn
        Go Broncos!
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by AzBroncoFan67
        did the trading issue get resolved, and what exactly was it?

By the way, congrats on your position. You are the man for the job

Not that I can tell. I still get the error message tonight.

One thing I noticed, there is a 53rd card back in the 2004 set. However, it's a card of nobody! And I have two Anton Palapoi cards there, where I didnt when we were all having trouble finding it.

I'm sure everything will be straightened out in the next week or so.........

Thanks Az! It's not really a "position", but I offered to be the guy to help when help is needed, thats all.

Comment

• 77OlinesDad
          Special Teams
          • Apr 2005

Card will not show up in locker

I downloaded my sons card along with the other 5 drafted players but it won't show up inside the locker? Have any idea why?

Originally posted by JWinn
          If I can answer your questions, or help you in anyway, just let me know! I'll do my best to get you where you need to be!

sig by Snk16

sig by White Dragon

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Comment

• JWinn
            Go Broncos!
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by 77OlinesDad
            I downloaded my sons card along with the other 5 drafted players but it won't show up inside the locker? Have any idea why?
            Sure thing Mr. Myers!

Going thru the locker still takes you to the same page where all the cards are located. Just click Trading Cards in the locker.

On the options at left, you will see "Choose a collection" near the top.

Click the little arrow next to 2004 Denver Broncos, and you should see 2005 Draft Class as the other choice. Select that, and Chris's card should come up along with Clarett and Williams.

Also, just so you know, you can print these out. To make a nice looking "Real" card, get some thick stock paper. Select the card you want to print, and print out a copy. Let it dry a few minutes! This takes a lot of ink. Flip it over, and print it again. If you have it lined up right, this will give you two copies of the card, front and back. You might wanna practice with it a little bit using plain paper, until you get it lined up right, but when done, they look really sharp!!

And the price is the best deal anywhere! Unless you print out hundreds of them, which just might happen here.

Hope that works for you. It's there.

Comment

• Snk16
              All-Pro
              • Sep 2004

JWinn, change your title to Trading Card guy or something.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
              2. Taxes
              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

• 1MILEHIGHER
                Practice Squad
                • Aug 2005

Newbie "duh" time: Like, where do I go to get my virtual trading cards?
                I PROMISE TO USE NO MORE PSEUDO-RELIGIOUS SIGS REFERENCING US WITH HAVING "JC" ON OUR SIDE AT QB!

Comment

• JWinn
                  Go Broncos!
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by 1MILEHIGHER
                  Newbie "duh" time: Like, where do I go to get my virtual trading cards?
                  First off, you wont be able to get any until the next set comes out in a few more weeks. They are only offered for a limited time. A few of us are hoping maybe Admin will make the 6 card 05 draft set available again as several people didnt get them.

But when you can.......

You want to start at the main team page. On the left, is a list of options. One of them is Fan Fare. This is the same route you took to get to these boards. Click that.

On the next page, where you see an example of these boards, is another list on the left. There you will see Trading Cards. Click that!

That will take you to a page explaing a bit about the cards. Theres a blue line about the cards right in the middle of all that. It says "Trading Card Homepage". Click that.

That will probably take you to the sign in page. Use the same name and password you use here. Hit enter.

Now you will be at yet another page. Your almost there! It explains even more about the cards, and gives options at the top such as trading. On the bottom of that page you will see another blue line that says, "Click here to view your portfolio". Click that.

That will take you to where you want to be! You should be at a new page thats sorta blueish/grey. There will be room for three cards on the right, and options on the left. The bottom one is the one you use to select the card of the day to download. When a card is available, you will also see a big orange button right over that card. You can click that to get that card also.

This is the long way. But it's good to go that way at leat once, so you can read all the info you need to know.

The other way is thru the Broncos Locker. You'll see a reference, with a link, along the way there. Thats also a pretty cool feature. Check it out! You'll like it!

Lastly, once you've made it to that final page, if you can, save that page as a favorite place. That way you can just go right to it to see if theres a new card, skipping all the steps. It only asks you to sign in and your ready to go.

Hope that help you 1MILEHIGHER!
                  Last edited by JWinn; 08-08-2005, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Broncofans
                    Practice Squad
                    • Aug 2005

Another good newbie question... How often will cards be posted and how long will they be available? We're very excited to collect these as we've just started collecting "real" Broncos trading cards and it will be fun to get these too!

Comment

• JWinn
                      Go Broncos!
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Broncofans
                      Another good newbie question... How often will cards be posted and how long will they be available? We're very excited to collect these as we've just started collecting "real" Broncos trading cards and it will be fun to get these too!

The cards are only posted at certian times. So far, we have had two sets. The first came out during the 04 season, and was 53 cards, each available for only a 24 hour period. A few were released twice, but only a few of them. It lasted until the end of the season, and that was it.

The second set just came out a few weeks ago. It was 6 rookies drafted this past spring. All six were available for 4 days, except the Clarett, which was only available for 3 days.

The next set is supposed to start sometime during week 1 of the regular season. My guess is that each card will be available again only for 1 day, starting at midnight, Denver time. Thats how it worked last year.

I'm pretty sure Admin will start a thread a few days before the next set comes out, giving us a little warning, and explaining how this set will work in more detail.

Hope that helped a little bit!

And Welcome to Broncomania!!!

Comment

• weyrling
                        Practice Squad
                        • Sep 2004

Yay JWINN! Congratulations! You were made for this job.

I've been off for most of the spring and summer and see that I missed the rookie draft class set, but I'm anxiously looking forward to the 2005 set. Also I was delighted to see we still have access to the 2004 set.

If you don't remember me, don't worry about it. I'm just checking in to see what's going on.
                        ALL the way to the Super Bowl THIS year!

Comment

• michbroncofan
                          Practice Squad
                          • Sep 2003

Stupid question: You can trade cards. Does this mean you can download the same card more than once? If so.....how? If not, wouldn't trading keep you from getting a full set?

made by snk16

Comment

• JWinn
                            Go Broncos!
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by michbroncofan
                            Stupid question: You can trade cards. Does this mean you can download the same card more than once? If so.....how? If not, wouldn't trading keep you from getting a full set?
                            Rule #1- There are no stupid questions!

You CAN download the same card twice, or more! Everyone gets the same card everyday, so that makes trading kinda pointless until the program has gone on for a while.

Last year, they ran thru the whole 53 card set at least twice. Once it had run thru the first time, they ran it again. This gave most of us the chance to get two complete sets. However, there were those who for whatever reason were not able to get online on certian days, so they missed cards here & there.

Once the rest of us started to get doubles, we were able to trade with them to complete their sets. One thing that was common, was to trade for the same card on top of the card needed.

Example;

You need the Jason Elam card because you couldnt get in the day he was offered, but I did! Now, as the doubles start coming out, your still short the Elam. AND you only have one of everyone else. You offer me one of your cards, lets say the Rod Smith. I trade you BOTH the Smith AND the Elam. I keep my Smith, and you get both cards!

The short of it is that yes, you can get extra cards when the set runs the second time. Further, we can trade cards from the old sets for cards from the new!

I hope your not as lost as I am from all that, and that that helped.

Comment

• AzBroncoFan67
                              Jesus has my back
                              • Aug 2004

Well explained JWinn
                              sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Comment

Working...
                              X