Clear All
  • White Dragon
    Banned User
    • Aug 2005

Courtney Brown out 3-6 weeks

Brown Injured in Morning Practice

By Andrew Mason
    DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It was a with piercing, horrifying yelp from Courtney Brown that the Broncos' relatively tranquil training camp was shattered Thursday morning.

The six-year veteran defensive end will miss at least three weeks with a dislocated left elbow incurred during team drills during a morning practice session at the South Suburban Sports Dome.

"The X-rays were negative," Head Coach Mike Shanahan said. "There were no breaks, so he should be out anywhere from optimistically three weeks to pessimistically four to six weeks."

The injury was what defensive end Trevor Pryce termed a "freak accident."

"I think a safety hit him in his elbow as he was running downfield," Pryce said. "It's one of those things that happens."

Added defensive tackle Luther Elliss: "It looked like he was just going to help make the tackle and his arm just got caught between the ballcarrier and the tackler. He popped it out."

Brown's teammates knew the nature of the injury immediately.

"It was (scary), but I think everybody knew what happened," Pryce said. "Gerard went and looked at it, and he said, 'He dislocated his elbow.' It was out of place."
  • Duilen
    Practice Squad
    • Dec 2004

Hopefully he is ready to go by the San Diego game.
    Flash Tower Defense Games

Comment

• defense!!!
      Bench Warmer
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by White Dragon
      Brown Injured in Morning Practice

By Andrew Mason
      DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It was a with piercing, horrifying yelp from Courtney Brown that the Broncos' relatively tranquil training camp was shattered Thursday morning.

The six-year veteran defensive end will miss at least three weeks with a dislocated left elbow incurred during team drills during a morning practice session at the South Suburban Sports Dome.

"The X-rays were negative," Head Coach Mike Shanahan said. "There were no breaks, so he should be out anywhere from optimistically three weeks to pessimistically four to six weeks."

The injury was what defensive end Trevor Pryce termed a "freak accident."

"I think a safety hit him in his elbow as he was running downfield," Pryce said. "It's one of those things that happens."

Added defensive tackle Luther Elliss: "It looked like he was just going to help make the tackle and his arm just got caught between the ballcarrier and the tackler. He popped it out."

Brown's teammates knew the nature of the injury immediately.

"It was (scary), but I think everybody knew what happened," Pryce said. "Gerard went and looked at it, and he said, 'He dislocated his elbow.' It was out of place."
      NOOOOO!!!!!!!! Not Injured Reserve again!!!! Please Courtney, calm down!!!
      Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

• BroncosB2B
        Rod 797 Catches
        • Sep 2003

This is why, unlike some of you, I didn't get my hopes up about an oft-injured defensive line.
        My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

• RoorRipper
          Banned User
          • Apr 2005

Damnit

What a bad situation. So are we thinking he will be back by week 2 or 3 of preseason?

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
            Franchise Moreno
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
            This is why, unlike some of you, I didn't get my hopes up about an oft-injured defensive line.
            ^Yeah that.

What did I tell you people? Shanny made some of the dumbest moves this past offseason. It's going to bite us in the ass now.
            sigpic

Comment

• defense!!!
              Bench Warmer
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
              ^Yeah that.

What did I tell you people? Shanny made some of the dumbest moves this past offseason. It's going to bite us in the ass now.
              He'll be out only during the preseason so I guess we can all take a deep breath and hope for the best.
              Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

• Amigo_Bronco
                Bench Warmer
                • Apr 2005

Trying to find the positive side (if there is one)... less stress for his foot, more time to recover, but at the same time, less time to get in shape....

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
                  Epithetically Challenged
                  • Jun 2003

It was a freak accident, guys (you know who you are). It's not like he had a degenerative elbow condition. If someone would've predicted that he'd dislocate his elbow then I'd say you were right; otherwise it appears to me that you're just waiting to pounce....

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
                    Franchise Moreno
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan

It was a freak accident, guys (you know who you are). It's not like he had a degenerative elbow condition. If someone would've predicted that he'd dislocate his elbow then I'd say you were right; otherwise it appears to me that you're just waiting to pounce....

I don't care if he would have had a burst vein in his head, the guy is injury prone, simple. He will never be healthy and he will never have a chance to show his true potential.

Trust me, those Browns fans were hoping the SAME thing for the past 5 years. "He'll get healthy sooner or later, it's just a matter of time." Soon, another injury popped up, and another, and another.

The only good thing is that we have a man there now that had 8.5 sacks last season(Ebenezer Ekuban). So it shouldn't hurt THAT much.
                    sigpic

Comment

• silkamilkamonic
                      Sir-Nasty!
                      • Jul 2004

Courtney Brown injured? wow.

Cut his azz now and just move on with what you got Denver, please.....

Comment

• RoorRipper
                        Banned User
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                        ^Yeah that.

Well don't get too uncomfortable, the season is all that counts and he should be rehabilitated by then. You are too quick to jump the gun man!

Comment

• silkamilkamonic
                          Sir-Nasty!
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by RoorRipper
                          Well don't get too uncomfortable, the season is all that counts and he should be rehabilitated by then. You are too quick to jump the gun man!

well, it is a dislocated left elbow, which means it will be weaker and subject to dislocate again.

He didn't even make it through training camp this year, and when he does come back in 3-6 weeks, or whatever the time frame, he won't be 100% during the year. That much is a given.

Comment

• RoorRipper
                            Banned User
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                            well, it is a dislocated left elbow, which means it will be weaker and subject to dislocate again.

He didn't even make it through training camp this year, and when he does come back in 3-6 weeks, or whatever the time frame, he won't be 100% during the year. That much is a given.
                            True, and there will be a guy in that spot when he returns. I really like Ekuban so I am not that upset with this. Hopefully he recovers.

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
                              Epithetically Challenged
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by RoorRipper
                              I agree, Beast. Same thing happened to me my freshman year. Playing FS, receiver coming across the middle, ball is on the way, he's on the inside of my forearm and one of my teammates came over to "help" going the opposite direction on the outside of my upper arm. Pop!!! Hurt like hell, chipped a bone too, but I only missed 1 game.

He is oft injured, as you've said, (maybe the football gods don't like him), but this isn't THAT serious.... yet.

BTW, Beast... which is it? Is it going to "bite us in the ass" or "not hurt that much"??? Maybe just a nibble on the ass.... maybe???

Peace...
                              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X