• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatum26Bell
    Admin
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
    This is why, unlike some of you, I didn't get my hopes up about an oft-injured defensive line.

If it was a "freak accident" then how can you even blame that?

It's just one of those things that happens
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• NJBRONCOSFAN
      26-Time World Champs
      • Mar 2004

Obviously this is discouraging, but it's something that he can come back from and still contribute during the majority of the season.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• Southstander
        King of Anvilania
        • Jun 2005

Are you kidding me!! Maybe all the talk about the Broencos where right
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

• RBDynasty
          Special Teams
          • Sep 2004

Just relax guys and have some faith. He's not going to be out that long.
          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

• Momentum
            Banned User
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
            ^Yeah that.

What did I tell you people? Shanny made some of the dumbest moves this past offseason. It's going to bite us in the ass now.
            For the record, I only supported the trade for Ekubahn and Myers

Comment

• ttejuco
              Bench Warmer
              • Jan 2005

Wow, alot of people dont understand what a freak accident is. It couldve happened to anyone. At least his foot didnt snap off or something, that wouldve been worse. Dislocated elbows are alot different than dislocated shoulders. Shoulders are more likely to be dislocated after the first injury.

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

that's too bad......

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Comment

• PRBronco
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ttejuco
                  Wow, alot of people dont understand what a freak accident is. It couldve happened to anyone. At least his foot didnt snap off or something, that wouldve been worse. Dislocated elbows are alot different than dislocated shoulders. Shoulders are more likely to be dislocated after the first injury.
                  This is the voice of reason right here. Everyone cool down, there's some spazzes here.

Jeez though, have you ever seen anyone with worse luck? I mean, seriously!

We better batten down the hatches and get ready for the influx of haters and told-you-soers that'll be surfacing in the media and on here. Who adopted Courtney Brown? He's gonna need some support.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                  ABWRFRC

Comment

• topscribe
                    RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by PRBronco
                    This is the voice of reason right here. Everyone cool down, there's some spazzes here.

We better batten down the hatches and get ready for the influx of haters and told-you-soers that'll be surfacing in the media and on here. Who adopted Courtney Brown? He's gonna need some support.
                    Good advice, PRB. This is just one incident, for crying out loud!

If Ekuban, Myers, and Warren all join Brown in sick bay, then I'll panic!

-----

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
                      Epithetically Challenged
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by PRBronco

My thoughts exactly. I suggested that maybe the football gods don't like him, but I think there's more likely a civil war in the Great Gridiron in the sky. He's blessed with exceptional talent (hardly anyone disagrees), yet cursed with a propensity for injuries (the proof is in the puddin').

This makes me wonder if maybe Brown's "talent" isn't actually a larger than normal dose of unbridled ambition often putting him in compromising situations.

:spazon:
                      Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Cugel
                        Rantosaurus Rex!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                        I agree, Beast. Same thing happened to me my freshman year. Playing FS, receiver coming across the middle, ball is on the way, he's on the inside of my forearm and one of my teammates came over to "help" going the opposite direction on the outside of my upper arm. Pop!!! Hurt like hell, chipped a bone too, but I only missed 1 game.

He is oft injured, as you've said, (maybe the football gods don't like him), but this isn't THAT serious.... yet.

BTW, Beast... which is it? Is it going to "bite us in the ass" or "not hurt that much"??? Maybe just a nibble on the ass.... maybe???

Peace...
                        I'm curious M-n-G, did that injury nag you for the rest of the season or was it a non-factor? Did you have to favor one arm in making tackles? Was that arm weaker? Did you have leverage problems with blockers?

How long did it take before you were really completely healthy again?

Of course, for a DL using your elbows to gain leverage over OTs is key, so you can't have any weakness in your arms or you can't be effective.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
                          Epithetically Challenged
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Cugel
                          I'm curious M-n-G...
                          Unfortunately, I couldn't (nor dared) move it for almost a week and I don't think it was "fully healed" for a few months. The doc was more worried about ligament or nerve damage, but gave me an 'okay' to play (though it was against his 'fatherly' advice) after seeing that everything was good. I only missed one game, but nearly two weeks of practice. I never had a problem with it the rest of the season in so much as limiting my ability to execute at my position, but I did play through some pain and did favor it when tackling and catching. I also wore a brace that restricted movement. It wasn't so much that I didn't have strength in it, but rather my range of motion was limited - physically & psychologically.

The worst for me is the memory - which still lingers today (especially today). Sometimes I can hear and feel it all over again, and it still locks up some. I attribute my initial speedy recovery to being a healthy and active young chap at the time - something I hope Brown still has in him. The concern is valid - a DB could easily recover adequately from this, but can a defensive lineman? I hope so. I guess we'll find out.
                          Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Meck77
                            Practice Squad
                            • Nov 2004

Injuries happened but I still don't understand why they opted to practice in the dome today just because of some rain. We got to camp yesterday at 12:00 and left this morning at 9:00am when practice was canceled after they said there was going to be practice. We had fun camping on the bus but we spent 20 hours waiting for a practice and never saw a snap.

There were ALOT of wet disappointed fans at camp this morning and we got an injured player anyway. IMO it would have benefited the team to practice in the adverse weather. No need to talk about the Raider game last season anymore.

Comment

• ttejuco
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Jan 2005

Ive dislocated my elbow before. The bone was broken however, and i was out for 3 months. It sucked, i couldnt do anything. It still bothers me from time to time. When i do push ups sometimes my elbow locks and it is a pain. Brown's wasnt broken so things look better for him.

Comment

• diesel51
                                Lost Sheep
                                • Jul 2004

Some of you are jumping the gun.

Worse situation = Brown has a bad season due to injury, or doesn't play at all due to injuries. Given that situation, we still have Ekuban and Englberry?, both who had more sacks last year than any other current Bronco D Lineman.

Best situation = Brown takes off most of preseason, maybe playing in last game as warm up, and has a productive season for us. His missing preseason just allows us to evaluate other DE talent brought in to see who is worth keeping.

Have cheer doubters.
                                Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                                Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                                Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X