• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cugel
    Rantosaurus Rex!
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by towels
    At least he got hurt on the field instead of in a parking lot...
    LoL!

Yes! At least they've got Brown to STAY AWAY from those rough IHOPs in Aurora. That's a tough crowd to mess with!

Just remembering that useless CHODE Daryl Gardener makes me feel better about Courtney Brown! (BTW: Did you notice that Pancake Boy isn't even in the league anymore?) LMAO!
    sigpic

Comment

• Brown's fan
      Practice Squad
      • Jul 2005

Some of you guys are way to manic! It is pre-season, ...and a 16 game season at that! How many players make it through the entire season without missing a game each year? Your defensive line's strength is that they played together as a team in C-level-land the past couple of years. This ain't a bowling league you know, its the NFL. Courtney's past injuries came about, to a large extent, as a result of training under Butch(er) Davis as well as the fact that the "D" was on the field 2/3rds of the time. Be kind to your players, they will lay it out for you in time.
      Man!!!... a guy gets blind sided by his own player and that proves he is "clumsey"?...or "accident prone" ?!?!?... Cut him???.....and replace him with...who???.... and your coaches are idiots?? Why are you guys working where you do(and I too for that matter)/ Is it because we are talent savants?
      Don"t go flip flopping later in the year when he gets a defensive player of the week honor for ripping up some raider QB.
      Relax and enjoy the fruit of their work! Quit second guessing your organization for crying out loud, you sound like Model... err... Brown's fans I know.

Comment

• topscribe
        RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Brown's fan
        Some of you guys are way to manic! It is pre-season, ...and a 16 game season at that! How many players make it through the entire season without missing a game each year? Your defensive line's strength is that they played together as a team in C-level-land the past couple of years. This ain't a bowling league you know, its the NFL. Courtney's past injuries came about, to a large extent, as a result of training under Butch(er) Davis as well as the fact that the "D" was on the field 2/3rds of the time. Be kind to your players, they will lay it out for you in time.
        Man!!!... a guy gets blind sided by his own player and that proves he is "clumsey"?...or "accident prone" ?!?!?... Cut him???.....and replace him with...who???.... and your coaches are idiots?? Why are you guys working where you do(and I too for that matter)/ Is it because we are talent savants?
        Don"t go flip flopping later in the year when he gets a defensive player of the week honor for ripping up some raider QB.
        Relax and enjoy the fruit of their work! Quit second guessing your organization for crying out loud, you sound like Model... err... Brown's fans I know.
        Nicely put. Thanks.

And I see you just recently started posting. Welcome to the boards!

-----

Comment

• rcsodak
          Step UP, or Step OFF!
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Brown's fan
          I second Top's cudos.....

Welcome, and thanks. Sometimes, fans can't see the forest for the trees.....
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• gobroncsnv
            Special Teams
            • Oct 2004

Seems like the most humane thing to do would be to just shoot Brown now...

yeah, right... I think he'll be just fine, once the season comes along... I would hazard a guess that he is still working on conditioning, while being able to rehab the elbow... If his elbow is "more subject to dislocation", then by the same measure, we shoot Tatum Bell for his dislocated shoulder, and all the other folks with dislocated this and thats...
            I'm still willing to get whatever we can from him when he can play, because of how pitiful our pass rush was last year. Just to be perfectly clear, I ain't ready to shoot him just yet.

Comment

• Peerless
              Football Immortal
              • May 2004

I think there is something left in him. He was a first rounder for some odd reason, we just have to find it.

Comment

• Jrhampton
                Banned User
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                I think there is something left in him. He was a first rounder for some odd reason, we just have to find it.

If memory serves he was the first choice period, had he not been taken by the Browns first he would had went in the top 10.

1 Cleveland Courtney Brown DE Penn State
                6 Philadelphia Corey Simon DT Florida State
                12 N.Y. Jets Shaun Ellis DE Tennessee
                13 N.Y. Jets John Abraham DE South Carolina

He is in some tall company here.

Comment

• Peerless
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  If memory serves he was the first choice period, had he not been taken by the Browns first he would had went in the top 10.

1 Cleveland Courtney Brown DE Penn State
                  6 Philadelphia Corey Simon DT Florida State
                  12 N.Y. Jets Shaun Ellis DE Tennessee
                  13 N.Y. Jets John Abraham DE South Carolina

He is in some tall company here.
                  Alll those other players have amounted to something. Yes it sounds rude but it's true.

Comment

• topscribe
                    RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                    Alll those other players have amounted to something. Yes it sounds rude but it's true.
                    Hold that thought until January.
                    Then we'll see.

-----

Comment

• Peerless
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by topscribe
                      Hold that thought until January.
                      Then we'll see.

-----
                      Yup. The season is VERY young....

Comment

• Jared
                        Retired Mod
                        • Aug 2003

I posted this a while back in a discussion with Topscribe:

Originally posted by Jared
                        I watched Brown play in person in 17 college games and 3 pro, and his best games were always against clearly overmatched lineman in college. In the pros, in the games I saw, he never made any impact. And he was healthy. He is NOT a beast when healthy IMO (which by the way, he never is).

SIGH.

Maybe he is just a frail person? (relative to the average NFLPlayer, of course!).

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

• topscribe
                          RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jared
                          Maybe he is just a frail person? (relative to the average NFLPlayer, of course!).
                          You made a lot of sense then, regarding your observations of Brown, as you do now, Jared. However, while track record can often be valuable in projecting the future, it does not necessarily portend the future. Brown was impressing the likes of Trevor Pryce before his (Brown's) injury. Moreover, a couple of his injuries, such as his foot and more recently his elbow, were inflicted with such force that it would have injured anybody.

You did manage to calm some of my effervescence regarding Brown, but I now prefer to wait and see what he does for us. Assuming fate smiles upon him and he can finally stay healthy for a season, he and Pryce may form something special at DE this year.

BTW, welcome back from your little sabbatical.

-----
                          Last edited by topscribe; 08-25-2005, 07:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• watchthemiddle
                            Banned User
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by topscribe
                            You made a lot of sense then, regarding your observations of Brown, as you do now, Jared. However, while track record can often be valuable in projecting the future, it does not necessarily portend the future. Brown was impressing the likes of Trevor Pryce before his (Brown's) injury. Moreover, a couple of his injuries, such as his foot and more recently his elbow, was inflicted with such force that it would have injured anybody.

You did manage to calm some of my effervescence regarding Brown, but I now prefer to wait and see what he does for us. Assuming fate smiles upon him and he can finally stay healthy for a season, he and Pryce may form something special at DE this year.

BTW, welcome back from your little sabbatical.

-----
                            I believe thay will. If you listen to Nalen, a well respected offensive lineman for the Broncos, you will hear him say that Warren and Myers are very hard to block. This coming from a Pro Bowler. You get the two of them doubled, or one of them doubled, and Pryce doubled, Brown is going to go off this year with sacks.

Some want to down play our off season pick ups, but thats okay. They all have the potential to be un-stopable.

Comment

Working...
                            X