Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Omeeeeeha
    Posts
    9,245
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    I have to agree w/D.51. Q does not bring alot to the starting rb role. If he is starting by wk 4 like bigbones wishes for that means some real good rb's went down with a injury. At best he is a 3rd down back that may run the screen, or some kind of one back draw. He is a liability to the protection of the QB. If a screen or draw is not called and he can't get out on his check down route due to the blitz he will get run over by the lb. and our qb will get hit right in the mouth and they will be taking him off in a golf cart,or worse. On the other hand if he gets in space he is good, he makes someone miss then he gets pummled and fumbles. And to all those who may feel that I am hating on the little bug I am not. Just calling them like I see them.
    You a 'horns fan?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    Jacks RULE!!!!!!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Omeeeeeha
    Posts
    9,245
    [size=1]
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    Jr I Hope This Is Big Enough For You To Read. Sorry For Not Double Spacing My Reply, But I Am Not Writing A Term Paper. Lol....you Got Part Of It Right With Gilbert Brown Same Thing Applies To Whoever You Play...as A Coach You Do Not Go Away From What You Do Best, If That Was The Case They Never Would Of Had G. Brown Sideline To Sideline.

    I Recall G.brown Dominated 16 Plus Games That Year Till The S.bowl. You Need To Have Faith In You Scheme And The Men Who Are Running It. As Far As Your Analogy Of Football 101 You Still Do Not Get The Big Picture (scheme) And Once Again I Am Not Hating On You...

    Let Me Ask You This...if You Think Little Bug Is The Best The Broncos Have In Protection That Means He Is Taking On 245lb Lbs. And Winning..yet All You Have To Do Is Get A Hand On Him And He Goes Down..the Two Do Not Equate. As Far As Your Statement About The Dancing In The Backfield...a Back Is Only As Good As His O-line Is Till He Gets To The Second Level....(thats Where The Lb.s Play) Then Thats What Seperates Them...not Talking About Payton Or Sanders.

    As Far As The Same Blockers (that Would Be The O-line) And The Plays They Were The Same. A Coach Is Not Going To Put Plays In For One Back Then Change The Scheme For Another. And I Hate To Tell You This But In The Nfl Their Players Are As Good As Our Players If They Were Not Then It Would Not Be The Nfl

    Bronco Plays Are Not Going To Work All Of The Time..just Like Their Def. Is Not Going To Stop The Broncos All The Time ...and For Your Info When A Fb Can't Get Through The Los Don't Say He Is To Small...the O-line Just Had Its A@# Handed To It. 240lb Fullbacks Have A Hard Time Blocking A 300lb Man. I Do Agree It Is All About The Team...and Believe Me Coaches Don't Call Plays Because Of Their Arrogance You Get Fired To Fast..you Call It Because You Have Faith.

    Sorry To All For The Term Paper Folks Just Trying To Educate So, So Many Hate For No Reason. If You Think You Can Do A Better Job Then Ms Get Your Teaching Degree,go Into Coaching, Don't See Your Kids For A Period Of Time And Try And Fill His Shoes...good Luck.
    .[/size=1]

    I believe, in your essay, you are missing jr's point.
    In the beginning of the season, denver had a 'rookie' RT and a LT playing the position for the first time. THAT, in itself, takes some time to recover from, and gelling between the players to occur.

    By the time RD was the rb, and following a fb ranging in size from 240-280 lbs, they had 4 games to learn their positions, and gel with each other.

    Maybe this is Football 303.....for the upperclassmen......
    Last edited by rcsodak; 08-06-2005 at 08:36 PM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    Jacks RULE!!!!!!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55
    rcsodac...no I am not a horns fan CU 1st. then the U of Miami then the SEC in general

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    I agree about everthing you said, but last year it was not Q that was at fault.

    The holes were not there for him to hit.

    THey tried running at I repeat AT the strong point of in JAX defense their TWO ALLPRO DT's not smart. Especailly with a Oline still trying to remember the persons name that is next to them.

    You never ever run AT the defenses strongest point. That is football 101.

    Look at what we did playing the packers in the SB got fatass gilbert brown running sidleines to sidleines by the 3 qrter he was about to die. Would have taken 4 guys to haul his fat gut off the field.

    We did not have the horsepower at the point of attack to move these guys. Sure there was dancing behind the LOS when you are staring at the backsides of you own Oline with no hole he had nothing to do but dance. COupled with playing a 207 pound RB as a full back or blocking back whatever you wish to call RD is stupid. I watched thse tape a thousand times when Q tried to run he was in most cases trying to follow a FB that was getting blown back intop the hole by a LB or DE. Mikey in his arrogance decided to prove his point. He kept trying to run up the gut ( if I remember correctly over 60% at the DT's) when the only plays that were remotely working were the off tackle, around end wide stuff. The mix was not good and if you want to look at it is well documented on this sight. When they went wide the results were considerably better than at the DT.

    This same issue has been argued to death since last year.

    There is no reason that given the same blockers and scheme that Q can't run just as effecetively than the others. This he did not have last year.

    However I will say if Big MO gets started he will be a force to reckon with, while I like MA just don't think he is a long term solution and think and always have thought that tater is a flake. Dane, time will tell if he starts ok by me I just don't really care because it is the team I'm routing for. Would Q bring somemore excitment to the running game you bet it would.

    But JR.. the probem with this is.... Shanahan has proven time and time and time AGAIN that he DOES know how to coach football. He has put player after player in the line-up, and gotten 1300 yrds... two RoY awards with his running backs... yet somehow, YOU are saying that Mike doesn't know how to call a running game against Jacksonville, yet you do??? This doesn't hold water. To me it appears that HE is the one that knows what he's doing, and you are just guessing from behind the TV screen... OR... making excuses for Q.

    I don't really know much about MO. I really REALLY liked what I saw from Tatum last year. He hit the hole HARD and fast.. he was breaking tackles.. and falling forward. I've also loved everything he has said so far, as well as the worth ethic he has displayed to try and make himself the best running back he can. I just don't get my hopes high for MC until he can show he can show he can play after 2 years out of football. He has a lot of learning and maturing to do. I hope we found a gem..but I truly believe that Tatum is explosive.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Broken Arrow OK for now
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    Jr I Hope This Is Big Enough For You To Read. Sorry For Not Double Spacing My Reply, But I Am Not Writing A Term Paper. Lol....you Got Part Of It Right With Gilbert Brown Same Thing Applies To Whoever You Play...as A Coach You Do Not Go Away From What You Do Best, If That Was The Case They Never Would Of Had G. Brown Sideline To Sideline.


    I Recall G.brown Dominated 16 Plus Games That Year Till The S.bowl. You Need To Have Faith In You Scheme And The Men Who Are Running It. As Far As Your Analogy Of Football 101 You Still Do Not Get The Big Picture (scheme) And Once Again I Am Not Hating On You...



    Let Me Ask You This...if You Think Little Bug Is The Best The Broncos Have In Protection That Means He Is Taking On 245lb Lbs. And Winning..yet All You Have To Do Is Get A Hand On Him And He Goes Down..the Two Do Not Equate. As Far As Your Statement About The Dancing In The Backfield...a Back Is Only As Good As His O-line Is Till He Gets To The Second Level....(thats Where The Lb.s Play) Then Thats What Seperates Them...not Talking About Payton Or Sanders.


    As Far As The Same Blockers (that Would Be The O-line) And The Plays They Were The Same. A Coach Is Not Going To Put Plays In For One Back Then Change The Scheme For Another. And I Hate To Tell You This But In The Nfl Their Players Are As Good As Our Players If They Were Not Then It Would Not Be The Nfl

    Bronco Plays Are Not Going To Work All Of The Time..just Like Their Def. Is Not Going To Stop The Broncos All The Time ...and For Your Info When A Fb Can't Get Through The Los Don't Say He Is To Small...the O-line Just Had Its A@# Handed To It. 240lb Fullbacks Have A Hard Time Blocking A 300lb Man. I Do Agree It Is All About The Team...and Believe Me Coaches Don't Call Plays Because Of Their Arrogance You Get Fired To Fast..you Call It Because You Have Faith.


    Sorry To All For The Term Paper Folks Just Trying To Educate So, So Many Hate For No Reason. If You Think You Can Do A Better Job Then Ms Get Your Teaching Degree,go Into Coaching, Don't See Your Kids For A Period Of Time And Try And Fill His Shoes...good Luck
    What's up with all the caps?.....very hard to read.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    is this deja vu....
    ....or a broken record

    I find, bcbronc, that sometimes you need to repeat, repeat, and repeat facts some more. I do it, and I get criticized for it.

    And you know what? I do it anyway.



    -----

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    Jr I Hope This Is Big Enough For You To Read. Sorry For Not Double Spacing My Reply, But I Am Not Writing A Term Paper. Lol

    Let Me Ask You This...if You Think Little Bug Is The Best The Broncos Have In Protection That Means He Is Taking On 245lb Lbs. And Winning..yet All You Have To Do Is Get A Hand On Him And He Goes Down..the Two Do Not Equate.

    As Far As Your Statement About The Dancing In The Backfield...a Back Is Only As Good As His O-line Is Till He Gets To The Second Level....(thats Where The Lb.s Play) Then Thats What Seperates Them...not Talking About Payton Or Sanders.


    As Far As The Same Blockers (that Would Be The O-line) And The Plays They Were The Same. A Coach Is Not Going To Put Plays In For One Back Then Change The Scheme For Another. And I Hate To Tell You This But In The Nfl Their Players Are As Good As Our Players If They Were Not Then It Would Not Be The Nfl

    Bronco Plays Are Not Going To Work All Of The Time..just Like Their Def. Is Not Going To Stop The Broncos All The Time ...and For Your Info When A Fb Can't Get Through The Los Don't Say He Is To Small...the O-line Just Had Its A@# Handed To It. 240lb Fullbacks Have A Hard Time Blocking A 300lb Man. I Do Agree It Is All About The Team...and Believe Me Coaches Don't Call Plays Because Of Their Arrogance You Get Fired To Fast..you Call It Because You Have Faith.


    Sorry To All For The Term Paper Folks Just Trying To Educate So, So Many Hate For No Reason. If You Think You Can Do A Better Job Then Ms Get Your Teaching Degree,go Into Coaching, Don't See Your Kids For A Period Of Time And Try And Fill His Shoes...good Luck
    Well thanks for the paragraphs now we need to works on the CAPS. t would have been easier to read except the caps. Now its just annoying.

    Lest go over this one by one.

    Q is along with MA the best QB protector we had on the squad last year, tater was not. Having a low center fo gravity helps him in the matter his strength is more than most think just because someone is short does not make them weak.

    As for going down with just ahnd one him yes there were a few tackles that way but show me a RB that does not have the same thing happen from time to time.

    Q's "dancing" was done in the backfield when there were NO holes in the middle. Not past the LOS. Having a 207# FB trying to block is ludicrus sp. RD was consistantly in the JAX game getting his head handed to him.

    Almost anyone in front of a TV saw that the Running game in JAX was not working up the gut like 60+% of the plays were going. Why Mikey could not is beyond me. Perhaps he had visions of Gilbert Brown dancing in his head.


    See rcsodaks post above for newbies on the O-line getting to KNOW each other.

    Please note the judicous use of capital letters. term paper it is not but trust me your credibilty is judged here, by the way you write.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55
    jr what type of response do you want, I typed in all caps so you could read it sorry if I made you feel bad... not, you sound like the Sr. English teacher who hates coaches and athletes. you talk like you really know the game. lets talk credibility...coached for 17 years, granted at the high school level...what credibility do you bring to this board?????notice how you speew the same boring crap on your posts...you don't know the A gap from your C gap, you like to blame coaches for the mistakes of others...coaches don't control what happens on a given play the players do... as far as running inside on the zone(by know you should know what that is) it is a base play...you keep running it because you saw somthing on tape that said you could.


    ever spent a whole week breaking down another team??? didn't think so...another thing that tells the board you don't know s#$% from shinola(sp) is you said the bug and MA were the best in protection last year. Protection is not a used con#$m...they were hurt all of last year so tell me how good they were...can't do it... as for the bug dancing in the backfield don't hate on a FB blame the o-line ,newbies or not they play in the NFL


    And for the end of this rant...sorry board...read what ravage wrote about your football knowledge. thanks ravage for the common sense.. and jr if I am boring you with what you don't understand about the game, I am sorry. We have a common goal...D-Broncos playing in the S.Bowl

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    jr what type of response do you want, I typed in all caps so you could read it sorry if I made you feel bad... not, you sound like the Sr. English teacher who hates coaches and athletes. you talk like you really know the game. lets talk credibility...coached for 17 years, granted at the high school level...what credibility do you bring to this board?????notice how you speew the same boring crap on your posts...you don't know the A gap from your C gap, you like to blame coaches for the mistakes of others...coaches don't control what happens on a given play the players do... as far as running inside on the zone(by know you should know what that is) it is a base play...you keep running it because you saw somthing on tape that said you could.


    ever spent a whole week breaking down another team??? didn't think so...another thing that tells the board you don't know s#$% from shinola(sp) is you said the bug and MA were the best in protection last year. Protection is not a used con#$m...they were hurt all of last year so tell me how good they were...can't do it... as for the bug dancing in the backfield don't hate on a FB blame the o-line ,newbies or not they play in the NFL


    And for the end of this rant...sorry board...read what ravage wrote about your football knowledge. thanks ravage for the common sense.. and jr if I am boring you with what you don't understand about the game, I am sorry. We have a common goal...D-Broncos playing in the S.Bowl
    Picky picky picky.

    1. I'm glad you were a coach that means you should know what you are talking about.

    Ravage did indeed talk about Mikey being a good coach, I agree, I have almost always stated this in my posts.

    I do have to question, as did almost everyone else did after the game last year the continued running up the gut, because it was plain to everyone but him, that was not working.

    Now, I just have 50 some years in watching the game, while not a coach, I did play through High school. I have spent hours in the past breaking down Bronco game film, Broadcast Tapes. Now I may not have your level of expertise, but I know what I see.

    While the terminlogy might have changed a block is a block and a hole is a hole. There is either a block and a hole to run through or there is not.

    It did not take a genuis to see that the up the gut stuff, while it might have been there ON FILM was not there during the game.

    Great coaches make adjustments, Egotisical coaches continue, bash the heads of the RB's into the non-exsitant holes.



    2. At the begining of the year Q was the best QB protector we had, tater could not block his grandma, RD was not a RB at the time.

    I used the term Q and MA because they were the best at it and although MA was on IR and Q wound up on IR that was one of the reasons I would think that Q wound up as the starter in games 1-4. Along with his knowledge of the playbook and his performance the year before.

    Now I'm not sure why you have hardon for Q and frankly don't care.

    Your half hearted attempts at trying to discredit me have failed.

    Use the quote button if you truly have something you'd like to quote me on. Read the post well before you jump to conclusions in what I say. I be happy to clairify any question that you might have.

    Your cutesy remarks "s#$% from shinola" really have no place on this board, I ask you not to use them as they are a COC voilation.
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 08-07-2005 at 06:37 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    2,200
    [QUOTE
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    I do have to question, as did almost everyone else did after the game last year the continued running up the gut, because it was plain to everyone but him, that was not working.
    While the terminlogy might have changed a block is a block and a hole is a hole. There is either a block and a hole to run through or there is not.

    It did not take a genuis to see that the up the gut stuff, while it might have been there ON FILM was not there during the game.

    Great coaches make adjustments, Egotisical coaches continue, bash the heads of the RB's into the non-exsitant holes.
    again, jr, the game plan worked well enough to win. one botched handoff, something that happens very rarely and just happened to happen at the worst time possible, is the only reason we lost the game.


    I used the term Q and MA because they were the best at it and although MA was on IR and Q wound up on IR that was one of the reasons I would think that Q wound up as the starter in games 1-4. Along with his knowledge of the playbook and his performance the year before.
    q wound up the starter because tatum held out and then broke his little pinky fingy and MA was groinless.



    of more relevance to this thread, ron dayne sure has been a pleasant surprise and makes our depth at tailback look that much better. he's looking good from all accounts and, at this point, would seem to be on the verge of making the team.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ





  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    again, jr, the game plan worked well enough to win. one botched handoff, something that happens very rarely and just happened to happen at the worst time possible, is the only reason we lost the game.

    q wound up the starter because tatum held out and then broke his little pinky fingy and MA was groinless.

    of more relevance to this thread, ron dayne sure has been a pleasant surprise and makes our depth at tailback look that much better. he's looking good from all accounts and, at this point, would seem to be on the verge of making the team.
    We actually lost 7-6. But our offense moved pretty good with the pass.

    While most of your points are valid I think the biggest reason we lost the game was ST play they allowed a Realllllllllly big run back to our 38 (I think) yard line.

    JAX had a whooping 176 yards ALL DAY (I think). Our defense had to defend 38 yards to keep them out of the EZ. Up to that point and there after they were superb. But the ST put them in such a hole and the momentum changed at least for that series and they scored their ONLY POINTS of the game on that series. Most of the rest of the day they ventured into DEN territory (I think) ONLY ONCE.

    IMHO the ST cost us that game.

    Q and Jake blotching the hand off or Elam missing a longish chip shot, did not help, but it was the 7 points that killed us.
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 08-07-2005 at 08:27 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    Picky picky picky.

    1. I'm glad you were a coach that means you should know what you are talking about.

    Ravage did indeed talk about Mikey being a good coach, I agree, I have almost always stated this in my posts.

    I do have to question, as did almost everyone else did after the game last year the continued running up the gut, because it was plain to everyone but him, that was not working.

    Now, I just have 50 some years in watching the game, while not a coach, I did play through High school. I have spent hours in the past breaking down Bronco game film, Broadcast Tapes. Now I may not have your level of expertise, but I know what I see.

    While the terminlogy might have changed a block is a block and a hole is a hole. There is either a block and a hole to run through or there is not.

    It did not take a genuis to see that the up the gut stuff, while it might have been there ON FILM was not there during the game.

    Great coaches make adjustments, Egotisical coaches continue, bash the heads of the RB's into the non-exsitant holes.



    2. At the begining of the year Q was the best QB protector we had, tater could not block his grandma, RD was not a RB at the time.

    I used the term Q and MA because they were the best at it and although MA was on IR and Q wound up on IR that was one of the reasons I would think that Q wound up as the starter in games 1-4. Along with his knowledge of the playbook and his performance the year before.

    Now I'm not sure why you have hardon for Q and frankly don't care.

    Your half hearted attempts at trying to discredit me have failed.

    Use the quote button if you truly have something you'd like to quote me on. Read the post well before you jump to conclusions in what I say. I be happy to clairify any question that you might have.

    Your cutesy remarks "s#$% from shinola" really have no place on this board, I ask you not to use them as they are a COC voilation.
    jr thanks for the qoute info....as for were a coach it is still a coach and it's not pay to play... the part 1 reply has very good points...where do you get broadcast tapes????and is there a endzone copy????...you are right all coaches do make adjustments but you don't draw stuff up in the dirt and expect the players to make it work...there is only so much time to prepare for the other team, even in the nfl.


    as for point # 2 Q was the only rb with game time so thats a mute point...as far as trying to discredit you, you have done that to yourself, all I did was point it out.
    JR I don't have a (sensor) for Q, but you must...and my cutesy remarks wern't meant to be cute....just call-em like I see them....and if a bunch of !@##$%% are a violation then you need to turn yourself in to big brother for what you said.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    lets talk credibility...coached for 17 years, granted at the high school level...what credibility do you bring to this board?????notice how you speew the same boring crap on your posts...you don't know the A gap from your C gap, you like to blame coaches for the mistakes of others...coaches don't control what happens on a given play the players do... as far as running inside on the zone(by know you should know what that is) it is a base play...you keep running it because you saw somthing on tape that said you could.


    ever spent a whole week breaking down another team??? didn't think so...another thing that tells the board you don't know s#$% from shinola(sp) is you said the bug and MA were the best in protection last year. Protection is not a used con#$m...they were hurt all of last year so tell me how good they were...can't do it... as for the bug dancing in the backfield don't hate on a FB blame the o-line ,newbies or not they play in the NFL


    And for the end of this rant...sorry board...read what ravage wrote about your football knowledge. thanks ravage for the common sense.. and jr if I am boring you with what you don't understand about the game, I am sorry. We have a common goal...D-Broncos playing in the S.Bowl
    First off...."coach" aren't the gaps usually numbered, not lettered with the 1 and 2 gap being on either side of the center.....3 and 4 being between guard and tackle....etc. There is no reason to attack someone here because they are not a coach. This is a Denver Broncos FAN FORUM!! That means that my next door neighbor's grandma or my bosses granddaughter, neither of who have ever played organized football, much less coached, can join this board and discuss the Broncos if the so choose. You're not impressing anyone by trying to talk down jr.

    The fact that you call Quentin Griffin "bug" is very disparaging, and I'd bet my savings account that you wouldn't call him that to his face. He IS A BRONCO. Whether or not you want him to start or feel he can do so, you should support him if you are a true fan. If he had serious character flaws, held out and missed camp, slapped your momma, then I could understand you not liking him and childishly calling him names. IF you are a true Broncos fan, get off his back and hope he can contribute as long as he's on the roster.

    Judging by your nick I might assume that you're a Longhorn fan, which could mean that just the mention of the name Quentin Griffin still gives you nightmares.(6 touchdowns in one game in 2000 and 240+ yards in 2002) If that's your problem, you need to learn to let it go.

    Not everyone around here agrees with jr, or top, or ravage, or me, but we all have the right to come here and discuss, debate, or just plain cheer for the Broncos.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    [QUOTE=bcbronc][QUOTE

    again, jr, the game plan worked well enough to win. one botched handoff, something that happens very rarely and just happened to happen at the worst time possible, is the only reason we lost the game. QUOTE]

    As did the fact that we only scored 6 points. I believe Elam missed a field goal that game, so that could be the ONLY reason we lost. Who's to say that if Q hadn't fumbled, we hit the next field goal? Elam missed one, and another bounced off the goalpost and went through, if I remember right.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    jr thanks for the qoute info....as for were a coach it is still a coach and it's not pay to play... the part 1 reply has very good points...where do you get broadcast tapes????and is there a endzone copy????...you are right all coaches do make adjustments but you don't draw stuff up in the dirt and expect the players to make it work...there is only so much time to prepare for the other team, even in the nfl.


    as for point # 2 Q was the only rb with game time so thats a mute point...as far as trying to discredit you, you have done that to yourself, all I did was point it out.
    JR I don't have a (sensor) for Q, but you must...and my cutesy remarks wern't meant to be cute....just call-em like I see them....and if a bunch of !@##$%% are a violation then you need to turn yourself in to big brother for what you said.

    I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear BY broadcast I was referring to CBS, Fox ABC, as I tape every game, to watch after the heat of passion has cooled down.

    Don't I wish I had copies of the game film, but of course without really knowing what the exact play was called, how much one can really glean from it and grade players would be difficult at best.

    While they don't draw plays up in the dirt on the sidline, after 3-5 games have most of there offense installed and have practiced it to some degree.

    Just because you put plays into the game plan if something is not working you shift to something that does, that is also in the game plan or has been practiced.

    For example the outside runs off tackle or wide pitch did work for almost twice the average yards. I would have ran that, till they countered and then switched back to the inside stuff. I realize that you have to change up to keep the D honest, but we did not run behind our best blocker Lepis that day more than 4 times if memory serves correct. The run left and right off tackle was in the play book. Yet we went up the gut 13-14 times.

    Their strength was the pair of all pro DT's. Their DE and Linebacking were not as goood. So why go at the strong point if it is not working? The only reason that makes sense is Mikey was going to prove to the world we could run on them.

    Yep your right I'm a baaaad boy for using that term. Should not have done so!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •