Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 90
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsolo
    First off...."coach" aren't the gaps usually numbered, not lettered with the 1 and 2 gap being on either side of the center.....3 and 4 being between guard and tackle....etc. There is no reason to attack someone here because they are not a coach. This is a Denver Broncos FAN FORUM!! That means that my next door neighbor's grandma or my bosses granddaughter, neither of who have ever played organized football, much less coached, can join this board and discuss the Broncos if the so choose. You're not impressing anyone by trying to talk down jr.

    The fact that you call Quentin Griffin "bug" is very disparaging, and I'd bet my savings account that you wouldn't call him that to his face. He IS A BRONCO. Whether or not you want him to start or feel he can do so, you should support him if you are a true fan. If he had serious character flaws, held out and missed camp, slapped your momma, then I could understand you not liking him and childishly calling him names. IF you are a true Broncos fan, get off his back and hope he can contribute as long as he's on the roster.

    Judging by your nick I might assume that you're a Longhorn fan, which could mean that just the mention of the name Quentin Griffin still gives you nightmares.(6 touchdowns in one game in 2000 and 240+ yards in 2002) If that's your problem, you need to learn to let it go.

    Not everyone around here agrees with jr, or top, or ravage, or me, but we all have the right to come here and discuss, debate, or just plain cheer for the Broncos.

    first of all mrsolo they are numbered that way...on the defesive side of the ball DUHHH.
    2..I never attacked him just pointed things out till he ?ed my credibility...just like you are attacking me. and you are not immpressing me. it is a forum and when people say things that someone does'nt like you type what you feel...just like you.

    3 its not a character flaw with Q,(happy now) it is a production,fumble, flaw. And by the way this is a forum and like you said ...I HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOICE MY VIEWS.

    4. I am no longhorn fan...in fact i loved it when he ripped them to shreds...but that does'nt mean I think he is the man. you need to let his college days go he was damn good in H.S. and college But he is a 3rd down back in the nfl...sorry to speak my truth...and you are right we all have the right...reread your post before you attack....the reason i call him the bug is when he runs into theline and there is no hole the d-linemen squash him..he has no power to make the possible loss a win....in space,on turf wow...does that help you understand my views on him...I hope he can help out somewhere... by the way where did your H. Trophy winning QB end up????

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear BY broadcast I was referring to CBS, Fox ABC, as I tape every game, to watch after the heat of passion has cooled down.

    Don't I wish I had copies of the game film, but of course without really knowing what the exact play was called, how much one can really glean from it and grade players would be difficult at best.

    While they don't draw plays up in the dirt on the sidline, after 3-5 games have most of there offense installed and have practiced it to some degree.

    Just because you put plays into the game plan if something is not working you shift to something that does, that is also in the game plan or has been practiced.

    For example the outside runs off tackle or wide pitch did work for almost twice the average yards. I would have ran that, till they countered and then switched back to the inside stuff. I realize that you have to change up to keep the D honest, but we did not run behind our best blocker Lepis that day more than 4 times if memory serves correct. The run left and right off tackle was in the play book. Yet we went up the gut 13-14 times.

    Their strength was the pair of all pro DT's. Their DE and Linebacking were not as goood. So why go at the strong point if it is not working? The only reason that makes sense is Mikey was going to prove to the world we could run on them.

    Yep your right I'm a baaaad boy for using that term. Should not have done so!
    jr good post...D!@# good post.out

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    by the way where did your H. Trophy winning QB end up????
    Now why did that have to be said? You're making this personal. Whatever problem you have with Q or OU is your personal problem to deal with. Calling him "the little bug" is childish no matter how you try to explain it.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsolo
    Now why did that have to be said? You're making this personal. Whatever problem you have with Q or OU is your personal problem to deal with. Calling him "the little bug" is childish no matter how you try to explain it.

    if i wanted to get personal i would have said something about you or whatever. I don't have a problem with ou,OR YOUR QB...JUST ASKED A SIMPLE? last i heard he was with the chiefs???

    we are both bronco fans??? yes.. just cause i feel that your man from norman is not the answer you attack...and you are right about the nickmane i gave him...let me ask you this ...does he make anyother team in the nfl if denver does not take a chance on him???? now put all you OU loyality aside and think about what i said about what he really brings to the table....calling him the bug is hating...but what I feel about his role is not

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    if i wanted to get personal i would have said something about you or whatever. I don't have a problem with ou,OR YOUR QB...JUST ASKED A SIMPLE? last i heard he was with the chiefs???

    we are both bronco fans??? yes.. just cause i feel that your man from norman is not the answer you attack...and you are right about the nickmane i gave him...let me ask you this ...does he make anyother team in the nfl if denver does not take a chance on him???? now put all you OU loyality aside and think about what i said about what he really brings to the table....calling him the bug is hating...but what I feel about his role is not
    Heck yeah he makes another team if Denver lets him go. I've said myself that maybe he doesn't fit the Bronco system. I even started a thread stating that maybe he should be traded. He has a lot of talent, but running up the gut with no hole to be seen is not it. He needs to take care of the ball, that's obvious to anyone who's seen him play. I see him in a role similar to Westbrook in Philly. Not the biggest back in the world, but he's quick, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Quentin is a good blocker. He's shown that in college and in the NFL. That allows him to be on the field in obvious passing situations both as a blocker and a receiving threat out of the backfield.


    I didn't attack you for you're "opinion" of Q. I didn't like how you "attacked" jr and how you disparage Q by childishly calling him names.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    2,200
    [QUOTE=Jrhampton]
    While they don't draw plays up in the dirt on the sidline, after 3-5 games have most of there offense installed and have practiced it to some degree.

    Just because you put plays into the game plan if something is not working you shift to something that does, that is also in the game plan or has been practiced.

    For example the outside runs off tackle or wide pitch did work for almost twice the average yards. I would have ran that, till they countered and then switched back to the inside stuff. I realize that you have to change up to keep the D honest, but we did not run behind our best blocker Lepis that day more than 4 times if memory serves correct. The run left and right off tackle was in the play book. Yet we went up the gut 13-14 times.

    Their strength was the pair of all pro DT's. Their DE and Linebacking were not as goood. So why go at the strong point if it is not working? The only reason that makes sense is Mikey was going to prove to the world we could run on them.
    QUOTE]

    running off tackle and even short pitches can be busted up by a quickly penetrating DT. you have to keep them honest by running up the gut, even if it is not successful, to stop them from shooting gaps and stopping the off tackle stuff for loses.

    from the highlights and first hand reports, i think dayne would have had more success against jax than Q did, if for no other reason than him being able to fall forward and get gains for 3-4 instead of 1-2.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ





  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    victoria, bc
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsolo
    [
    As did the fact that we only scored 6 points. I believe Elam missed a field goal that game, so that could be the ONLY reason we lost. Who's to say that if Q hadn't fumbled, we hit the next field goal? Elam missed one, and another bounced off the goalpost and went through, if I remember right.
    this just that the game plan was good enough to win. if elam hits the field goal who knows how the game goes. obviously shanny felt the broncos d could handle jax offence and knew he had to grind out points against a tough defense on the road.

    the game plan was fine, it was the execution that was faulty. not every gameplan is going to be pretty and put up 400 yards of offense.

    solo,i think you may feel that i blame Q for this loss. i dont. he managed over 100 yards from the line of scrimmage against a tough d. a couple of routine plays botched were the reasons for the loss. call em bad breaks.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ





  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    this just that the game plan was good enough to win. if elam hits the field goal who knows how the game goes. obviously shanny felt the broncos d could handle jax offence and knew he had to grind out points against a tough defense on the road.

    the game plan was fine, it was the execution that was faulty. not every gameplan is going to be pretty and put up 400 yards of offense.

    solo,i think you may feel that i blame Q for this loss. i dont. he managed over 100 yards from the line of scrimmage against a tough d. a couple of routine plays botched were the reasons for the loss. call em bad breaks.
    Exactly. I'm by no means defending the fumble. Whether or not it was Q's fault alone or a combo of his and Jake's execution, it was a HUGE mistake. It just wasn't the only play that hurt us. The worst as far as timing goes, yes. It's the last play everyone remembers from that game.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by broncodanny
    I was at practice today and let me say that Ron Dayne was a standout. He looked like the Dayne of old running for wisconsin. I think he has a shot at starting this year.


    Who do you think should start?
    Thank you. See people, I'm not the only one who thinks Dayne will start this year.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atoka, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,876

    Really guys...

    I wasn't trying to bring up the old "Q vs the other backs" war, I was only stating my percieved facts off my observations and from what I have read.

    Reread what I wrote. I LIKE Q!!!! He is my favorite RB on our team for multiple reasons. If I had it my way, I'd like to see him start, on the condition that he, and the Broncos SUCCEED. However, because of other factors, I have my doubts that Q ever reaches those aspirations.

    Look at what is conspiring so far in camp. MA is getting the majority of reps with 1st team, with TB getting the rest. Q, MC, and RD(the new RD) are splitting reps with the 2nd team, and I imagine the 3rd team. Q has been slated at #3, with Dayne 4 and Clarrett 5.

    Now, all of the runners on our team fit the zone blocking scheme and the 1 cut down hill runner mode, EXCEPT Q. Take a look at Q's runs against KC. It was run left or right, go forward a few yards, go either left or right again, then sprint. That is his style. I love watching that type of running. But it is atypical to a Bronco RB in Shannahan's era.

    So, the only way I want Q to start this year, is if he wins the position before the season starts. Otherwise, him taking over the starting position later on means that someone is injured(or more than one someone) or our RB is grounded and the staff is trying something new. Neither of those situations make me happy, nor do they bode well for the Broncos.

    So, seriously, think about this.

    Does Denver keep 5 RBs? Have they ever kept that many? By keeping 5 RBs that means we lose depth at other key positions(DL, DB, TE, WR). My intution tells me no, that at most we keep 4 RBs.

    So who are they going to cut?

    MA. No, most experienced RB on the team. Running with the 1st team and seems to have a stranglehold on the position. Only knocks on him is coming off a groin injury and his age.

    TB. No, currently listed at #2 and has the 'Portis-like' game breaking ability that coaches like. The only knock on him has been what is being percieved as a lack of gumption by board users who are attending Training Camp.

    MC. No, they drafted him to give him a chance and also because they believed they were getting 1st round talent in the 3rd round. He has done nothing to make them regret drafting him. Heck, he has even signed a Bronco friendly contract. They won't put him on practice squad because he would have to clear waivers, and he wouldn't. Knocks on him is he is a rookie who hasn't played football for two years.

    RD. Here is where the question lies. He did very well at Wisconsin who ran a similar blocking scheme as the Broncos. He has practiced well enough to earn public praise from Shannahn. If he plays well enough in preseason, the Broncos might take him over Q, because of his running style.

    Q. Can he overcome a bad injury? Can he outplay his teammates? Can he gain the trust of his teammates and Shannahan again? I would like to think so, but you cannot go off of your emotions all the time.

    Common sense tells me that Q is a casualty cut, unless one of the following things happen.

    1.) He begins practicing so well and playing so well in preseason games, that Shannahan moves him to either #1 or #2 RB on depth chart. This could happen if Tatum continues to show lack of gumption as reported by fellow message board users attending camp or if Tatum doesn't display an large enough improvement in his blocking and recieving. I don't know about this one.
    2.) Dayne or Clarret play poorly in preseason games, so poorly that Shannahan would rather have a known than the unknown come real game time.
    3.) Injuries that occur during training camp or preseason games requires that the Broncos need the depth at RB and Q stays.

    I hope you guys now know where I am coming from, and not that I want to start a huge Q versus the world fight.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51
    I wasn't trying to bring up the old "Q vs the other backs" war, I was only stating my percieved facts off my observations and from what I have read.

    Reread what I wrote. I LIKE Q!!!! He is my favorite RB on our team for multiple reasons. If I had it my way, I'd like to see him start, on the condition that he, and the Broncos SUCCEED. However, because of other factors, I have my doubts that Q ever reaches those aspirations.

    Look at what is conspiring so far in camp. MA is getting the majority of reps with 1st team, with TB getting the rest. Q, MC, and RD(the new RD) are splitting reps with the 2nd team, and I imagine the 3rd team. Q has been slated at #3, with Dayne 4 and Clarrett 5.

    Now, all of the runners on our team fit the zone blocking scheme and the 1 cut down hill runner mode, EXCEPT Q. Take a look at Q's runs against KC. It was run left or right, go forward a few yards, go either left or right again, then sprint. That is his style. I love watching that type of running. But it is atypical to a Bronco RB in Shannahan's era.

    So, the only way I want Q to start this year, is if he wins the position before the season starts. Otherwise, him taking over the starting position later on means that someone is injured(or more than one someone) or our RB is grounded and the staff is trying something new. Neither of those situations make me happy, nor do they bode well for the Broncos.

    So, seriously, think about this.

    Does Denver keep 5 RBs? Have they ever kept that many? By keeping 5 RBs that means we lose depth at other key positions(DL, DB, TE, WR). My intution tells me no, that at most we keep 4 RBs.

    So who are they going to cut?

    MA. No, most experienced RB on the team. Running with the 1st team and seems to have a stranglehold on the position. Only knocks on him is coming off a groin injury and his age.

    TB. No, currently listed at #2 and has the 'Portis-like' game breaking ability that coaches like. The only knock on him has been what is being percieved as a lack of gumption by board users who are attending Training Camp.

    MC. No, they drafted him to give him a chance and also because they believed they were getting 1st round talent in the 3rd round. He has done nothing to make them regret drafting him. Heck, he has even signed a Bronco friendly contract. They won't put him on practice squad because he would have to clear waivers, and he wouldn't. Knocks on him is he is a rookie who hasn't played football for two years.

    RD. Here is where the question lies. He did very well at Wisconsin who ran a similar blocking scheme as the Broncos. He has practiced well enough to earn public praise from Shannahn. If he plays well enough in preseason, the Broncos might take him over Q, because of his running style.

    Q. Can he overcome a bad injury? Can he outplay his teammates? Can he gain the trust of his teammates and Shannahan again? I would like to think so, but you cannot go off of your emotions all the time.

    Common sense tells me that Q is a casualty cut, unless one of the following things happen.

    1.) He begins practicing so well and playing so well in preseason games, that Shannahan moves him to either #1 or #2 RB on depth chart. This could happen if Tatum continues to show lack of gumption as reported by fellow message board users attending camp or if Tatum doesn't display an large enough improvement in his blocking and recieving. I don't know about this one.
    2.) Dayne or Clarret play poorly in preseason games, so poorly that Shannahan would rather have a known than the unknown come real game time.
    3.) Injuries that occur during training camp or preseason games requires that the Broncos need the depth at RB and Q stays.

    I hope you guys now know where I am coming from, and not that I want to start a huge Q versus the world fight.
    Put em up.....put em up. LOL I see exactly where you are coming from. It's basically Q vs Dayne and/or Clarrett to make the roster. Last year even after the injury I didnt' think making the roster is a question. But now, especially if Dayne and Clarrett impress during the preseason games it's gonna be tough for Q. I think he has a lot to offer as an NFL running back. It just may not be here. Who knows. I love the Broncos and would love to see him stay and be successful, but at the same time I want the best for both the Broncos and for Q. If it means they part ways, good luck.
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,858
    Right now, I really don't care who starts. I just want a running game that will take over a game to help the passing game out.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    Right now, I really don't care who starts. I just want a running game that will take over a game to help the passing game out.
    Exactly!!!!
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,488
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    jr what type of response do you want, I typed in all caps so you could read it sorry if I made you feel bad... not, you sound like the Sr. English teacher who hates coaches and athletes. you talk like you really know the game. lets talk credibility...coached for 17 years, granted at the high school level...what credibility do you bring to this board?????notice how you speew the same boring crap on your posts...you don't know the A gap from your C gap, you like to blame coaches for the mistakes of others...coaches don't control what happens on a given play the players do... as far as running inside on the zone(by know you should know what that is) it is a base play...you keep running it because you saw somthing on tape that said you could.


    ever spent a whole week breaking down another team??? didn't think so...another thing that tells the board you don't know s#$% from shinola(sp) is you said the bug and MA were the best in protection last year. Protection is not a used con#$m...they were hurt all of last year so tell me how good they were...can't do it... as for the bug dancing in the backfield don't hate on a FB blame the o-line ,newbies or not they play in the NFL


    And for the end of this rant...sorry board...read what ravage wrote about your football knowledge. thanks ravage for the common sense.. and jr if I am boring you with what you don't understand about the game, I am sorry. We have a common goal...D-Broncos playing in the S.Bowl
    I am a former high school English teacher who loves coaches and athletes. In fact, I played college level football. Having said that, I for the life of me cannot fathom why you would go to the trouble of all those keystrokes to capitalize every word in a sentence.

    -----

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bixby, OK
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    I am a former high school English teacher who loves coaches and athletes. In fact, I played college level football. Having said that, I for the life of me cannot fathom why you would go to the trouble of all those keystrokes to capitalize every word in a sentence.

    -----

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/38/382629.jpg


    Congratulations Oklahoma Sooners - 2006 Big 12 Champions!!!!!

    http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_pr.../NE_winner.gif
    Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •