• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 24zone
    Practice Squad
    • Jul 2003

Dayne

I caught some of the Texans game today, and Dayne performed well, looks lighter and quicker. I think he's got a great shot at it. Bell needs to stop losing the ball, and prove he's a tough inside runner. I think Clarrett and Dayne will really push for 1st string.
    [email protected]
    Velocity Sports Performance
    Dublin, CA

Comment

• broncodanny
      Practice Squad
      • Aug 2005

go ron dayne.... feed the pigsking to the fat man all day long

Comment

• BroncoRT
        Special Teams
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by 24zone
        I caught some of the Texans game today, and Dayne performed well, looks lighter and quicker. I think he's got a great shot at it. Bell needs to stop losing the ball, and prove he's a tough inside runner. I think Clarrett and Dayne will really push for 1st string.
        If Bell fumbles in the next few pre-season games, he will drop on the DC like an anchor. No matter how fast you are or how high the potential, you can't give the ball away, especially with Plummer at QB.

The fumbles, wasn't that the knock on Bell when he was drafted?
        The three Keys to football
        1. Turnovers
        2. Field Position
        3. Red Zone Play

Comment

• Calif. Bronco
          Thank You #80
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BroncoRT
          No matter how fast you are or how high the potential, you can't give the ball away, especially with Plummer at QB.
          I would think someone who fumbles a lot will find the bench or the unemployment line pretty darn quick no matter who the QB is

Comment

• starx5
            Practice Squad
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by broncodanny
            I was at practice today and let me say that Ron Dayne was a standout. He looked like the Dayne of old running for wisconsin. I think he has a shot at starting this year.

Who do you think should start?
            I think dayne should be given the chance to start agaist the rams and show he can run against the 1st team the same way he ran against the back ups.and clarrett should be released his a cry baby and will never be one of the bronco greats if he keeps being this way

Comment

• starx5
              Practice Squad
              • Aug 2005

dayne has a very good chance but clarrett may not even make the team

Comment

• Perry1977
                Hollow.
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by topscribe
                I am a former high school English teacher who loves coaches and athletes. In fact, I played college level football. Having said that, I for the life of me cannot fathom why you would go to the trouble of all those keystrokes to capitalize every word in a sentence.

-----
                I THINK THE BOARDS DO THAT IF SOMEONE TYPES A POST IN ALL CAPS.

Edit: Guess not!! LOL!

Comment

• 24zone
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jul 2003

Getting Cut

Regarding Clarett, I see him as a bigger, more athletic Olandis Gary, or a lighter Dayne. If he stays healthy, keeps a good attitude, holds on to the ball and learns the offense, he will push for the starting job. I think Q will be the one on the cutting block, due to durability issues, and that Bell can fill for that change of pace back.
                  [email protected]
                  Dublin, CA

Comment

• Jrhampton
                    Banned User
                    • Mar 2004

Regarding Clarett, I see him as a bigger, more athletic Olandis Gary, or a lighter Dayne. If he stays healthy, keeps a good attitude, holds on to the ball and learns the offense, he will push for the starting job. I think Q will be the one on the cutting block, due to durability issues, and that Bell can fill for that change of pace back.

From superspeed stud to change of pace back! MY how the tater tots are bailing off the tater wagon.

Comment

• 24zone
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      From superspeed stud to change of pace back! MY how the tater tots are bailing off the tater wagon.

Bell's got the ability to be a pro bowler, but hes not there yet. I'm still pullin' for him.
                      [email protected]
                      Dublin, CA

Comment

• arapaho
                        reserved for losing bet
                        • Mar 2004

funny......but true i wonder how many of these die hard tator heads have completly forgot he was the savior of the broncos
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• topscribe
                          RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                          • Apr 2005

Well . . .

That's what happens when people get onto a given player's bandwagon before camp even begins, and without reading up on the respective players in the readily available media.

Still, as I mentioned in another thread, there is no question Tater can run the ball. It would seem his blocking is the outstanding issue between him and MA. What do you think?

-----

Comment

• BANJOPICKER1
                            Captain
                            • Aug 2004

Are you from Idaho??I saw a tater wagon last time i was in Idaho i think,course i was drinking,,but thats besides the point...

GOOOOOOOOOOO TATER WAGONS,,I MEAN,,BRONCOS!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Jrhampton
                              Banned User
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by arapaho
                              funny......but true i wonder how many of these die hard tator heads have completly forgot he was the savior of the broncos

But he was #2 draft choice and therefore was going to be the saviour of the franchise now that poorti$$$ was gone.

Almost everyone got on the wagon forgoing the existing RB's we had. Speed is a killer, everything else was forgotten.

Football is a basic game. Blocking and tackling. Everyone of the squad has to be able to do both along with their particular talents, running with, catching or throwing the ball.

As most know I like Q for many reasons, humble, talented, almost shy to a fault, but because of his lack of size he had to be better at the game that everyone else that was taller, heavier or faster.

I just want whoever is best at running the ball to do it. If it is Q great if not we need the best RB on the field in order to succeed.

Comment

• Jrhampton
                                Banned User
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by topscribe
                                That's what happens when people get onto a given player's bandwagon before camp even begins, and without reading up on the respective players in the readily available media.

Still, as I mentioned in another thread, there is no question Tater can run the ball. It would seem his blocking is the outstanding issue between him and MA. What do you think?

-----
                                YEP!
                                I agree from what I have seen and heard. Perhaps hanging on to the ball fits in here also. Heard he has coughed it up a few times in practice. Seems to be tentative . Because I did not see the game, nor have I read much about it I really don't know if that area has been fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X