Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    60

    Dayne

    I caught some of the Texans game today, and Dayne performed well, looks lighter and quicker. I think he's got a great shot at it. Bell needs to stop losing the ball, and prove he's a tough inside runner. I think Clarrett and Dayne will really push for 1st string.
    al2@hotmail.com
    Velocity Sports Performance
    Dublin, CA

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4
    go ron dayne.... feed the pigsking to the fat man all day long

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    L.A./ Vanity Land
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by 24zone
    I caught some of the Texans game today, and Dayne performed well, looks lighter and quicker. I think he's got a great shot at it. Bell needs to stop losing the ball, and prove he's a tough inside runner. I think Clarrett and Dayne will really push for 1st string.
    If Bell fumbles in the next few pre-season games, he will drop on the DC like an anchor. No matter how fast you are or how high the potential, you can't give the ball away, especially with Plummer at QB.

    The fumbles, wasn't that the knock on Bell when he was drafted?
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Invesco Nosebleeds
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRT
    No matter how fast you are or how high the potential, you can't give the ball away, especially with Plummer at QB.
    I would think someone who fumbles a lot will find the bench or the unemployment line pretty darn quick no matter who the QB is

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by broncodanny
    I was at practice today and let me say that Ron Dayne was a standout. He looked like the Dayne of old running for wisconsin. I think he has a shot at starting this year.


    Who do you think should start?
    I think dayne should be given the chance to start agaist the rams and show he can run against the 1st team the same way he ran against the back ups.and clarrett should be released his a cry baby and will never be one of the bronco greats if he keeps being this way

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 24zone
    I caught some of the Texans game today, and Dayne performed well, looks lighter and quicker. I think he's got a great shot at it. Bell needs to stop losing the ball, and prove he's a tough inside runner. I think Clarrett and Dayne will really push for 1st string.
    dayne has a very good chance but clarrett may not even make the team

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Parker, Colorado!!
    Posts
    3,088
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    I am a former high school English teacher who loves coaches and athletes. In fact, I played college level football. Having said that, I for the life of me cannot fathom why you would go to the trouble of all those keystrokes to capitalize every word in a sentence.

    -----
    I THINK THE BOARDS DO THAT IF SOMEONE TYPES A POST IN ALL CAPS.


    Edit: Guess not!! LOL!
    I bleed orange and blue!!!


    Rest in peace, Darrent.

    I adopted Domenik Hixon!!


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    60

    Getting Cut

    Regarding Clarett, I see him as a bigger, more athletic Olandis Gary, or a lighter Dayne. If he stays healthy, keeps a good attitude, holds on to the ball and learns the offense, he will push for the starting job. I think Q will be the one on the cutting block, due to durability issues, and that Bell can fill for that change of pace back.
    al2@hotmail.com
    Velocity Sports Performance
    Dublin, CA

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by 24zone
    Regarding Clarett, I see him as a bigger, more athletic Olandis Gary, or a lighter Dayne. If he stays healthy, keeps a good attitude, holds on to the ball and learns the offense, he will push for the starting job. I think Q will be the one on the cutting block, due to durability issues, and that Bell can fill for that change of pace back.

    From superspeed stud to change of pace back! MY how the tater tots are bailing off the tater wagon.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    From superspeed stud to change of pace back! MY how the tater tots are bailing off the tater wagon.


    Bell's got the ability to be a pro bowler, but hes not there yet. I'm still pullin' for him.
    al2@hotmail.com
    Velocity Sports Performance
    Dublin, CA

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    From superspeed stud to change of pace back! MY how the tater tots are bailing off the tater wagon.


    funny......but true i wonder how many of these die hard tator heads have completly forgot he was the savior of the broncos

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489

    Well . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    From superspeed stud to change of pace back! MY how the tater tots are bailing off the tater wagon.
    That's what happens when people get onto a given player's bandwagon before camp even begins, and without reading up on the respective players in the readily available media.

    Still, as I mentioned in another thread, there is no question Tater can run the ball. It would seem his blocking is the outstanding issue between him and MA. What do you think?

    -----

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Grew up in Aurora! live in Bothell, Wa.
    Posts
    2,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    From superspeed stud to change of pace back! MY how the tater tots are bailing off the tater wagon.
    Are you from Idaho??I saw a tater wagon last time i was in Idaho i think,course i was drinking,,but thats besides the point...

    GOOOOOOOOOOO TATER WAGONS,,I MEAN,,BRONCOS!!!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho
    funny......but true i wonder how many of these die hard tator heads have completly forgot he was the savior of the broncos

    But he was #2 draft choice and therefore was going to be the saviour of the franchise now that poorti$$$ was gone.

    Almost everyone got on the wagon forgoing the existing RB's we had. Speed is a killer, everything else was forgotten.

    Football is a basic game. Blocking and tackling. Everyone of the squad has to be able to do both along with their particular talents, running with, catching or throwing the ball.

    As most know I like Q for many reasons, humble, talented, almost shy to a fault, but because of his lack of size he had to be better at the game that everyone else that was taller, heavier or faster.

    I just want whoever is best at running the ball to do it. If it is Q great if not we need the best RB on the field in order to succeed.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    That's what happens when people get onto a given player's bandwagon before camp even begins, and without reading up on the respective players in the readily available media.

    Still, as I mentioned in another thread, there is no question Tater can run the ball. It would seem his blocking is the outstanding issue between him and MA. What do you think?

    -----
    YEP!
    I agree from what I have seen and heard. Perhaps hanging on to the ball fits in here also. Heard he has coughed it up a few times in practice. Seems to be tentative . Because I did not see the game, nor have I read much about it I really don't know if that area has been fixed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •