Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 158
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Frisco, CO
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    Come on mtnman. Ease up a bit. Jake has the tools around him to succeed. He has the veteran WRs. He has Lelie.. not only coming off a break out season, but showing that he is really becoming a all-around WR. He has Watts that is no longer a rookie.. he has Rice to step in with veteran play. He has Jeb and Alexander to help out on the TE...and a running game that is decently stacked with depth. THIS being said. Jake is surrounded to succeed. If he succeeds, then that means the BRONCOS have succeeded. That means that Shanahan supported him with the right amount of talent to go to the next level, and Jake stepped it up. If.. IF.... we fail.. then there just can't be any excuses. So we really must back Jake. We don't have a choice in the matter, since we want the Broncos to do well. If Jake has another 20+ INT year...then the evaluations will have to take another look at the reasons. Until then.... there is no sense in kicking the dead horse. We have moved from off-season, to pre-season. ITs time to take off the critical hat, and put on the supporting one. Now its time to get revved up for the season.. and get our food ready to throw at the television.
    I'm with ya Ravage! I don't spend money on Club Seats every year because I'm not a fan. We'll see how it goes. I was just making an attempt at humor playing on the "bowling" word. It's a good thing I don't make my living as a comedian.

    By the way, I have one of those foam bricks to throw. It's not as messy...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55
    once again Jr i have to call you out on football stupidity....you are telling the whole board that JP throw all those INT'S. last year because his RB sucked??? tell the board one thing the RB's did to contribute to the WR's droping balls into the hands of the other team...hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, NOT A F#$$&*5 THANG

    Hey board I guess Jr think the Broncos are surrounded by a bunch of slaps...Jr that means sucky players...my bad didn't mean to hate on you...and I really hate this but JR is right about the tips, but notice he didn't talk about the protection breakdowns, causing at least 5-6 int's...that is because the little bug was not in there....Jr thinks he is the best in protection...even though he was on the IR...

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    I'm with ya Ravage! I don't spend money on Club Seats every year because I'm not a fan. We'll see how it goes. I was just making an attempt at humor playing on the "bowling" word. It's a good thing I don't make my living as a comedian.

    By the way, I have one of those foam bricks to throw. It's not as messy...
    I used to have one of those foam bricks.. its now foam dust!!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Grew up in Aurora! live in Bothell, Wa.
    Posts
    2,279
    Really folks,who cares if Jake makes 50 ints this season if we make the playoffs like we have the last 2 years he has been here??Humm??well???does it matter really??Cause i sure dont give it a second thought..Jake has = playoffs....

    GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    JR will always make the "tipped ball" excuse for JP. What you don't hear him comment on is how many incomplete passes were INTs that were "defended" by the receiver or how many completions were due to extra effort by the receiver.

    JR, the numbers are the numbers. And once again, there were no rookies on the starting offense last season.

    I guess if you want to have the strictest interpetation you are partially correct.

    But saying PUTZ was not for all intents and purposes a rookie. After all he did have a whooping 7 catches the year before. I guess that means he is a seasoned veteran.


    Watts actually STARTED TWO games last year, he played in every game and had at least one reception in all but the 1st INDY game. He played alot and even though he is disabled, he has shown class, but yet had a few (6 I think) key drops one for a game winning TD at a critical time.

    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/player...gs/2004/493109


    Will I state reasons for a few of Jakes pick absolutely. Because once the ball is out of his hands and if that pass is a good one and hits the reciver in the hnads it should be caught. That is not Jakes fault regardless of what you want to believe.

    Did Jake force some passes last year absolutely did he have a couple tipped at the LOS by Dlinemen right again. There is NO QB in teh league that does not have as occasional pick. Did Jake throw some marginal passes that the WR or TE caught with effort of course. SO WHAT! It is part of the game. MAnning had soem and actually had more left handed passes than Jake did last year had 2 of them on their hilite reel on NFL network.

    Get over it! OR maybe that was you that Jake was digitally saluting.

    What is acceptable to you 2-1 ratio 3-1, 4-1 there must be something you would find ok.

    This is a free country and I can only state the facts! If your dislike of Jake is so balatant, regardless if he takes us to the S/B and gets the MVP of the league and SB, you will still find someting to pick at.

    YOUR problem not mine.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    once again Jr i have to call you out on football stupidity....you are telling the whole board that JP throw all those INT'S. last year because his RB sucked??? tell the board one thing the RB's did to contribute to the WR's droping balls into the hands of the other team...hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, NOT A F#$$&*5 THANG

    Hey board I guess Jr think the Broncos are surrounded by a bunch of slaps...Jr that means sucky players...my bad didn't mean to hate on you...and I really hate this but JR is right about the tips, but notice he didn't talk about the protection breakdowns, causing at least 5-6 int's...that is because the little bug was not in there....Jr thinks he is the best in protection...even though he was on the IR...

    Perhaps you can quote me on this. Because I don't remember saying that Jake threw Pick, because his RB sucked.

    Perhaps you are reading something into the conversation I did not say.

    Quote me correctly, so use the Quote button or shut your yap. IF not the quote button then cut and paste my posts into yours.

    BTW thanks for not capping every word and running your sentences into one really BIG paragraph.
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 08-07-2005 at 06:42 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29
    I'm personally ashamed people. How do you call yourself fans. Do you thunk whining about a few interceptions on here will change how a QB plays. If your a bronco fan, then u should support your quarterback. jakes a playmaker and a gunslinger. I'd rather have a QB that takes the chance to make something happen and occaisionally turns it over than a guy who holds in the pocket and gets sacked. Who doesnt like 3rd and 2 situations that turn into 48 yrd TD passes. Our offense needs the mobility he has.

    someone else made a good point on here. i dont know how long all of you have been fans but im assuming most since 98 (chuckle, chuckle), but Elway gave some big games away on int's. it happens and its part of the game. hell, i can barely play a game of Madden w/o throwin some good redzone int's.

    on the other hand look at the hyped QB's, especially vick and favre. Oh yeah i saw peyton get ripped the other night too. and if i remember right Vick got showed up by the number 2 spot...schaub. You take the good with the bad, and jakes a hell of a player....sorry for the bluntness but until u chumps are out there reading zone blitzes and looking off safeties keep ur trash talk on our starter for the raiders board and support ur team!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    When surrounded by good players in 2003 his picks were down significantly 7 if I remember as compared to 15-16 TD's 2-1 ratio. I could be wrong here in the numbers but without looking them up I think pretty close.

    Last year he had as I said 4-7 passes that the receivers had their hands on and they bounced off the SAN game was one of them 3 of the 4 if I remember correctly.

    If the WR had have held on to all of those passes the season may have been different. All but perhaps one of those passes hit the receivers square in the hands. Didn't have to stretch way out for them, just square on the money and they were tipped. The only one that was high and glanced off was the one in the endzone off Rods finger tips. 9 times out of ten he makes that catch.

    He did not have that problem in 2003 when he had a decent RB, all pro TE and Eddie mac. But when replaced by Putz that had all of 7 catches prior to last year, Watts who is a rookie (now we find out about him being almost one handed) and a mulitude of RB's Q, tater, RD, Hape and Carswell.

    Perhaps it was not quite the exprienced receivers we would like for him to throw to. All he can do is put it where he is supposed to and they ACTUALLY have to catch the ball.

    Will it be a continuing trend, time will tell. Those that don't catch the ball will not see the ball much this year.

    But it sounds like Putz, Alexander, Leach and Hape are catching everything in their area.

    Ashley sounds like he is finally becoming a complete receiver. Rod is Rod and Jerry Rice if he makes the team just does not drop balls or deflect them.

    Perhaps I'm overly optimistic but think with this mix of receivers Jake just migh be bowling this year.


    jr read your own post, 4th # and from what else I am reading their are others on this board who think you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

    sorry if the caps hurt your eyes... when you start speewing statements that sound half way like you know what the @#$$ you are talking about...I will quit pointing them out to you and the board...I hope all my funny letters are not a COC violation...god forbid

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,345
    I heard shanahan say on 7 news last week that this is Jakes make or break year. Sure they paid him alot more money but the clause is still there. Im also thinking Shanahan is going to give Van Pelt all the opportunity he needs to unseat Plummer, it should make for a very interesting season lets just hope it doesnt destroy the team like it did with Brian Greise and Bubby Brister.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Frisco, CO
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    What is acceptable to you 2-1 ratio 3-1, 4-1 there must be something you would find ok.

    This is a free country and I can only state the facts! If your dislike of Jake is so balatant, regardless if he takes us to the S/B and gets the MVP of the league and SB, you will still find someting to pick at.
    OK, I'll answer these two questions.

    #1 - I would like to see a 2-1 or better ratio. That would be something I would find ok.

    #2 - If he takes us to the Super Bowl and he wins the MVP of the league and the SB, I'll stop picking at him.

    I don't think I'll have to change my mind on him anytime soon.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Omeeeeeha
    Posts
    9,242
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    JR, the numbers are the numbers. And once again, there were no rookies on the starting offense last season.
    Foster-for all intents/purposes?
    Lepsis as LT?
    Bell?
    Watts?
    Putz-had 7 catches before?
    Luke?

    Just which team, exactly, are you watching play?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    Jacks RULE!!!!!!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Frisco, CO
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    Foster-for all intents/purposes?
    Lepsis as LT?
    Bell?
    Watts?
    Putz-had 7 catches before?
    Luke?

    Just which team, exactly, are you watching play?
    Lepsis was not a rookie. He was moved to LT for the other side. That doesn't make him a rookie.

    Bell was not the starter. Droughns was.

    Watts was #3 or #4 receiver. Not a starter (Smith and Lelie were the starters).

    Putz was not a rookie.

    Luke was never above #4. Again, not a starter.

    Nice try.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Omeeeeeha
    Posts
    9,242
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    jr read your own post, 4th # and from what else I am reading their are others on this board who think you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

    sorry if the caps hurt your eyes... when you start speewing statements that sound half way like you know what the @#$$ you are talking about...I will quit pointing them out to you and the board...I hope all my funny letters are not a COC violation...god forbid
    I see you picking out part of his post, and attempting to use it for your argument.
    Funny....how it doesn't quite work.

    You need to quit with your attacking statements aimed at fellow posters, if you don't want to 'meet the mods'. You're either going to get the ire of the board, or sent to the corner for a 'timeout'......

    And yes.....bypassing the language filter IS a COC violation.....you might want to read it.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    Jacks RULE!!!!!!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    jr read your own post, 4th # and from what else I am reading their are others on this board who think you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

    sorry if the caps hurt your eyes... when you start speewing statements that sound half way like you know what the @#$$ you are talking about...I will quit pointing them out to you and the board...I hope all my funny letters are not a COC violation...god forbid

    OK lets read that slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhampton
    "Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    When surrounded by good players in 2003 his picks were down significantly 7 if I remember as compared to 15-16 TD's 2-1 ratio. I could be wrong here in the numbers but without looking them up I think pretty close.

    Last year he had as I said 4-7 passes that the receivers had their hands on and they bounced off the SAN game was one of them 3 of the 4 if I remember correctly.

    If the WR had have held on to all of those passes the season may have been different. All but perhaps one of those passes hit the receivers square in the hands. Didn't have to stretch way out for them, just square on the money and they were tipped. The only one that was high and glanced off was the one in the endzone off Rods finger tips. 9 times out of ten he makes that catch.

    He did not have that problem in 2003 when he had a decent RB, all pro TE and Eddie mac. But when replaced by Putz that had all of 7 catches prior to last year, Watts who is a rookie (now we find out about him being almost one handed) and a mulitude of RB's Q, tater, RD, Hape and Carswell.
    Perhaps it was not quite the exprienced receivers we would like for him to throw to. All he can do is put it where he is supposed to and they ACTUALLY have to catch the ball.

    Will it be a continuing trend, time will tell. Those that don't catch the ball will not see the ball much this year.

    But it sounds like Putz, Alexander, Leach and Hape are catching everything in their area.

    Ashley sounds like he is finally becoming a complete receiver. Rod is Rod and Jerry Rice if he makes the team just does not drop balls or deflect them.

    Perhaps I'm overly optimistic but think with this mix of receivers Jake just migh be bowling this year."
    Show me where I stated that our running backs suck and it was their fault he threw picks.

    I show the difference in an all pro TE, all pro RB and seasoned Veteran WR and a TE with 7 catches to his credit, a one handed rookie and a bunch of different RB's. It was not just the RB's that made the difference but no sharpe, portis and Eddie Mac.

    If you don't like Jake or Q fine with me. Your the one that has to live with them being on the Broncos team not me.

    If you are reading anything else into that post you are wrong. If that is all you have, we will have to agree to disagree.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Omeeeeeha
    Posts
    9,242
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    Lepsis was not a rookie. He was moved to LT for the other side. That doesn't make him a rookie.

    Bell was not the starter. Droughns was.

    Watts was #3 or #4 receiver. Not a starter (Smith and Lelie were the starters).

    Putz was not a rookie.

    Luke was never above #4. Again, not a starter.

    Nice try.
    Nice try, hell! If you don't think moving from one side of the Oline to the other places you in 'rookie' status, you've evidently never played/been asked to change.
    Watts playing #3/4 doesn't matter, now does it? He was expected to play when he went in, and he WAS a rookie. Semantics are your only weapon.
    Bell wasn't a rookie last year?
    Putz was a veteren? It was his first year starting, was it not? And how many catches did he have coming in? So riding the bench behind a future HoF'er, and catching a handful of passes makes him a vet? You make me giggle....
    Is the special teams considered offense? I seem to recall MANY teams thinking its the offenses' first play! Was he not receiving kickoffs?

    Only YOU would care about who "starts" or not.....do you think the starters actually play the entire game? The 2nd stringers are EXPECTED to be able to come into the game and NOT miss a step, are they not?

    I don't do 'nice try's.........I make points!
    Last edited by rcsodak; 08-07-2005 at 10:30 PM.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •