Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Uhmm.. most of the time they aren't told of the plays that are going to be run.... if they did, the defense wouldn't get much of a work out.

BUT... although I do NOT take this thread seriously..because its only training camp.. it did make me laugh when I read it.

For Your Info All The Plays Are Scripted And Most Dc.s Script Off Of What The Oc Does That Way The Dc Can See How His Guys React To Certian Plays...when They Break The Game Film Down They Do The Same Thing When Playing Another Team. Sorry For The Caps

okay..........but I don't think this helped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    *marks those 4-7(?) down*.. ok.. so.... what about the other 140?
    So Jake had over 140 int's last year?

No wonder ya'll are belly aching......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by txsbronco
    Sorry For The Caps

So... I don't get it, then. You just felt compelled to type that way, or what?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

*marks those 4-7(?) down*.. ok.. so.... what about the other 140?
    I was talking about 2003.

Yo Rav I know you have a woodie for Jake. But frankly, I don't care about his time in PHX. I'm concerned with his time in DEN one superb year one grat year with alot of Picks some bad throws some not. It is for you to decide in your own mind good or bad.

Mikey has aleady made the decision about him being our QB for 2005!

You get off Jakes ass and I"ll get off lelies, deal?

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    So Jake had over 140 int's last year?

No wonder ya'll are belly aching......
    No... but I thought as long as we were going to start making excuses.. then we should start by making excuses for all his other 140 INTs while we were at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    I was talking about 2003.

Yo Rav I know you have a woodie for Jake. But frankly, I don't care about his time in PHX. I'm concerned with his time in DEN one superb year one grat year with alot of Picks some bad throws some not. It is for you to decide in your own mind good or bad.

Mikey has aleady made the decision about him being our QB for 2005!

You get off Jakes ass and I"ll get off lelies, deal?
    Hey.. I've said time and time again that Jake is good enough to win as long as we surround him with good talent. I'm just not going to blow smoke and try to say that he's more than just an average QB that needs good surrounding talent to succeed. Other than that, I'm not on Jake's ass. I just don't fall for the making excuses for him stuff that so many around here like to do. The tipped INTs have gone from 3-4..to 4-5...to 4-7. You may not care about his time in Pheonix, because its easy to want to use Pheonix as an excuse for his lack of success there. Thats cool. But please. Enough with blaming the wind, the fans, the WRs age, the "wanting to win", the taking it upon his shoulders, or the height of the opposing LBs .. as excuses for Jake's INTs. ALLLLL QBs have to deal with the SAME situations, and personel problems, and defenses that Jake does. If he didn't throw 20 INTs in 62.5% of his career, then there wouldn't be a concern about him throwing them. But he has. Until he breaks that trend, that habit, or that pattern.. there will ALWAYS be a concern about Jake's INTs. I just don't like the excuses given to certain players for their lack of success. Whether it's Q or its Jake.

Hey.. I've said time and time again that Jake is good enough to win as long as we surround him with good talent. I'm just not going to blow smoke and try to say that he's more than just an average QB that needs good surrounding talent to succeed. Other than that, I'm not on Jake's ass. I just don't fall for the making excuses for him stuff that so many around here like to do. The tipped INTs have gone from 3-4..to 4-5...to 4-7. You may not care about his time in Pheonix, because its easy to want to use Pheonix as an excuse for his lack of success there. Thats cool. But please. Enough with blaming the wind, the fans, the WRs age, the "wanting to win", the taking it upon his shoulders, or the height of the opposing LBs .. as excuses for Jake's INTs. ALLLLL QBs have to deal with the SAME situations, and personel problems, and defenses that Jake does. If he didn't throw 20 INTs in 62.5% of his career, then there wouldn't be a concern about him throwing them. But he has. Until he breaks that trend, that habit, or that pattern.. there will ALWAYS be a concern about Jake's INTs. I just don't like the excuses given to certain players for their lack of success. Whether it's Q or its Jake.

When surrounded by good players in 2003 his picks were down significantly 7 if I remember as compared to 15-16 TD's 2-1 ratio. I could be wrong here in the numbers but without looking them up I think pretty close.

Last year he had as I said 4-7 passes that the receivers had their hands on and they bounced off the SAN game was one of them 3 of the 4 if I remember correctly.

If the WR had have held on to all of those passes the season may have been different. All but perhaps one of those passes hit the receivers square in the hands. Didn't have to stretch way out for them, just square on the money and they were tipped. The only one that was high and glanced off was the one in the endzone off Rods finger tips. 9 times out of ten he makes that catch.

He did not have that problem in 2003 when he had a decent RB, all pro TE and Eddie mac. But when replaced by Putz that had all of 7 catches prior to last year, Watts who is a rookie (now we find out about him being almost one handed) and a mulitude of RB's Q, tater, RD, Hape and Carswell.

Perhaps it was not quite the exprienced receivers we would like for him to throw to. All he can do is put it where he is supposed to and they ACTUALLY have to catch the ball.

Will it be a continuing trend, time will tell. Those that don't catch the ball will not see the ball much this year.

But it sounds like Putz, Alexander, Leach and Hape are catching everything in their area.

Ashley sounds like he is finally becoming a complete receiver. Rod is Rod and Jerry Rice if he makes the team just does not drop balls or deflect them.

Perhaps I'm overly optimistic but think with this mix of receivers Jake just migh be bowling this year.

I think that our defense is just very good and one of the focuses of training camp more then previous years is to create the turnover and they are doing a good job.

Perhaps I'm overly optimistic but think with this mix of receivers Jake just migh be bowling this year.
    I don't see why not!

its only training camp..
    That's what they kept saying last year.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

JR will always make the "tipped ball" excuse for JP. What you don't hear him comment on is how many incomplete passes were INTs that were "defended" by the receiver or how many completions were due to extra effort by the receiver.

JR, the numbers are the numbers. And once again, there were no rookies on the starting offense last season.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

You're right. Actually, he's gone bowling every year he's been here with his charity bowling event. Unfortunately, that's the only bowling he will ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    You're right. Actually, he's gone bowling every year he's been here with his charity bowling event. Unfortunately, that's the only bowling he will ever do.
    Come on mtnman. Ease up a bit. Jake has the tools around him to succeed. He has the veteran WRs. He has Lelie.. not only coming off a break out season, but showing that he is really becoming a all-around WR. He has Watts that is no longer a rookie.. he has Rice to step in with veteran play. He has Jeb and Alexander to help out on the TE...and a running game that is decently stacked with depth. THIS being said. Jake is surrounded to succeed. If he succeeds, then that means the BRONCOS have succeeded. That means that Shanahan supported him with the right amount of talent to go to the next level, and Jake stepped it up. If.. IF.... we fail.. then there just can't be any excuses. So we really must back Jake. We don't have a choice in the matter, since we want the Broncos to do well. If Jake has another 20+ INT year...then the evaluations will have to take another look at the reasons. Until then.... there is no sense in kicking the dead horse. We have moved from off-season, to pre-season. ITs time to take off the critical hat, and put on the supporting one. Now its time to get revved up for the season.. and get our food ready to throw at the television.