Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    OK lets read that slowly.

Show me where I stated that our running backs suck and it was their fault he threw picks.

I show the difference in an all pro TE, all pro RB and seasoned Veteran WR and a TE with 7 catches to his credit, a one handed rookie and a bunch of different RB's. It was not just the RB's that made the difference but no sharpe, portis and Eddie Mac.

If you don't like Jake or Q fine with me. Your the one that has to live with them being on the Broncos team not me.

If you are reading anything else into that post you are wrong. If that is all you have, we will have to agree to disagree.
    I don't think too many others read anything else into that post, jr, than what you intended.
    Tx has a prob with Jake that only he can get over........nobody here can cure him, I'm sure.....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman
    OK, I'll answer these two questions.

#1 - I would like to see a 2-1 or better ratio. That would be something I would find ok.

#2 - If he takes us to the Super Bowl and he wins the MVP of the league and the SB, I'll stop picking at him.

I don't think I'll have to change my mind on him anytime soon.
    I'd like a 2-1 also better would be 3-1 but that is unlikely as not many do that.

As far as the SB MVP I meant that as sarcasm.

While Jake may not be brady or Manning his only real flaw that I can see is a few extra picks if he gets that undercontrol he becomes a pretty damned good QB. That fits our system better than most others.

As far as the SB MVP I meant that as sarcasm.
    So was my reply.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

Lepsis was not a rookie. He was moved to LT for the other side. That doesn't make him a rookie.

Bell was not the starter. Droughns was.

Watts was #3 or #4 receiver. Not a starter (Smith and Lelie were the starters).

Putz was not a rookie.

Luke was never above #4. Again, not a starter.

Nice try.

Just to reiterate my earlier post which you seemd to gloss over.

I guess if you want to have the strictest interpetation you are partially correct.

But saying PUTZ was not for all intents and purposes a rookie. After all he did have a whooping 7 catches the year before. I guess that means he is a seasoned veteran.

Watts actually STARTED TWO games last year, he played in every game and had at least one reception in all but the 1st INDY game. He played alot and even though he is disabled, he has shown class, but yet had a few (6 I think) key drops one for a game winning TD at a critical time.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/playe...ogs/2004/493109

Just wanted to set the record straight.

BTW while Lepsis did play RT before changing sides to LT reallly does make him a rookie at that position. As every thing is ass backwards. Not to mention he gets the RDE the fast and quick guy opposed to the big bad LDE.

So was my reply.
    Missed that one went right over my head.

Ever think they show all those picks to get us believeing in the defense? Besides gerrarad warren has looked like a pro bowler in camp anyone wanna say he will be in hawaii come pro bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeShadow
    Ever think they show all those picks to get us believeing in the defense? Besides gerrarad warren has looked like a pro bowler in camp anyone wanna say he will be in hawaii come pro bowl?
    Listening to the way he's talking, he's got a chip on his shoulder the size of the rockies.....

I just hope he proves he's worth the 4th round pick....anything more, and really good things can happen.
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Almost makes you miss the good old days when our QB had a 19 TD/4 INT ratio...

Quote Originally Posted by towels
    Agreed!
    TC is the time to get all of the wrinkles worked out, and get that sharpness rehoned.
    Quite frankly, none of the qb's have exactly shined thus far.
    But by the end of TC, hopefully they will get those bad throws/reads out of their heads and be primed for a successful season.
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

You're referring to Elway? Griese?

I wouldn't mind having either back under center right now, actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sbutk
    You're referring to Elway? Griese?

I wouldn't mind having either back under center right now, actually.
    Griese?

Please.........
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

sorry, off topic but...

Watts actually STARTED TWO games last year, he played in every game and had at least one reception in all but the 1st INDY game. He played alot and even though he is disabled, he has shown class, but yet had a few (6 I think) key drops one for a game winning TD at a critical time.

... i hardly think watts can be considered "disabled". cmon. he had the hand injury when he was breaking school records (previosly held by moss i believe) in college. if anything his hand should be less of a factor now.

lets make like watts in the endzone and drop this "disabled" bs (sorry couldnt resist).
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

...yeah but not when the QB trips over his dog!
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    ... i hardly think watts can be considered "disabled". cmon. he had the hand injury when he was breaking school records (previosly held by moss i believe) in college. if anything his hand should be less of a factor now.

lets make like watts in the endzone and drop this "disabled" bs (sorry couldnt resist).

While he competed at the college level very well indeed, he is now at another level all together. One wonders how many DBs knew about his disability in college and defensed him the way every DB will in the future.

If one does not hand complete control over an hand or other limb he is indeed diabled. Now that been said he has beat long odds to say the least and has learned to overcome his problem. Or maybe I should have said adapt to his lack of feeling in the hand.

Will he be able to be a record setting NFL WR I sure as hell hope so. I like the kid and if the NFL DB's don't take the other hand away from him in the future it could be very bright indeed.

Now, i did read every post made in this topic, but i read most. There was a argument about how Plummer has a terrible touchdown to interception ratio. Well, if we compare that to John Elway, who did not have a break out season till 1993. Now then, in Jakes nine year carrer, mostly playing with a terrible terrible team. He has 132 TDs and 141 Ints. Now you cant have an excuse for all those, but still. Yes that is a bad ration. Then lets look at John Elway, he had 300 tds to his 226 ints. That ratio only improve after 93. Now he was drafted in 83, so that made him a 10 year vet. See where im coming from? Jake played some what similar to John, but John had a better team. I could sit here and break down how john didnt look well stat wise early in his carrer, but he still won games. Jake has been winning games. Isnt that what its about?

And sorry if there are some misspelled words, its early and im kind of tired.