Thread: Bj Johnson

Bj Johnson

Hey guys...what are your thoughts on BJ Johnson? Will he make the roster? What will his impact be? ect.. ect...

My thoughts....

I feel like Johnson was in the shadow of a guy at UT who will one day lead the NFL in recieving...That would be Roy Williams.... Johson would have been the #1 at almost any other big school had he gone somewhere else.

Also, if you watched any of UT's games....Simms seemed to zero in on WIlliams every time he dropped back in the pocket...he didn't seem to be able to check off his receivers very well....As soon as Applewhite would enter the game it seemed as if BJ would accrue about 5 more receptions than normal...Plus the guy can flat out fly...With this being his first uninjured season in the last 2 years I think we are all in for a nice suprise.....That being said...I'd like to see what yall think.....Thanks - J

YEah, I made a topic of this earlier.

If it wasn't for that injury he would have been on the broncos roster.

Good to see I'm not the only one who see's this diamond in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by jrodlc08
    Good to see I'm not the only one who see's this diamond in the rough

He has a ways to go to make the roster. WIth the signing of Rice, the camp imporovements of Devoe and Adams, he is starting to become an afterthought in training camp. I think I have seen posts saying he will most likely be one of the first receivers to be cut.

He's got a MAJOR uphill battle to make the roster. Rod, Lelie, and Watts are entrenched as 1-3. Luke, Devoe and Adams have all been playing well and both Luke and Adams are big time special teams contributors. Rice is somewhat of a wild card. He would make a very good #4 but he will be nonexistent on special teams which is something well need from a #4. So if we keep all those guys, thats 7 WRs which is highly unliekely on the active roster. If BJ has any future, he'll at best have to spend the next year on the practice squad and he'll have to compete with Crenshaw for that spot
    [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/genesis/zerowing/zerowing_screen001.jpg[/img] [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/genesis/zerowing/zerowing_screen003.jpg[/img] [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/genesis/zerowing/zerowing_screen004.jpg[/img]
    Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    I think I have seen posts saying he will most likely be one of the first receivers to be cut.
    Well then.......maybe he should just pack up his bags now.........
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    Well then.......maybe he should just pack up his bags now.........

He might as well. According to the one's who have been reporting from training camp he's as good as gone anyways. Everyone knows that has a little more validity then, "of course he'll make the team, he was a second receiver in college behind Roy WIlliams. If he went anywhere else he would have started for sure."