Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78

    Darrent Williams

    I haven't heard too much of this kid in camp, but looks like he's holding down a slot as one of the top 4 corners. I also read that he has been doing good with the amount of reps he's getting. COuld someone that is going to camp let me know what they think of this guy. I think that if we could get him to be a solid nickle back thgat would be awesome, because he has the speed, and the playmaking abilkity once he makes the interception to do some damage.
    [IMG]http://img279.echo.cx/img279/2406/lelieisdamansig2nh.jpg[/IMG]

    ^Snk16

    Broncos Kick Ass

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    329
    When Bailey sat out a couple days ago, Williams played in his spot on the first team. I think that Roc Alexander is locking down the nickel spot, but Da. should be able to handle any cb spot on the field. Leseuer is also doing good, and is also doing good at the safety spot.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lost in the Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh Triangle
    Posts
    154
    I am still waiting to hear how his return game looks. I havent heard anything about it yet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Breckenridge
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelieisdaman
    I haven't heard too much of this kid in camp, but looks like he's holding down a slot as one of the top 4 corners. I also read that he has been doing good with the amount of reps he's getting. COuld someone that is going to camp let me know what they think of this guy. I think that if we could get him to be a solid nickle back thgat would be awesome, because he has the speed, and the playmaking abilkity once he makes the interception to do some damage.
    I beleive he had an INT off a tip today.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Stillwater, OK
    Posts
    6
    I see him playing in the return game before being starting on D. He was picked up for his return skills first, corner skills 2nd.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    933

    Thumbs up Don't underestimate Darrent Williams!!!

    He is small, by NFL standards, but so was a certain Redskins CB that was All-Pro several years. Mr. Williams was a unanimous All-Big 12 CB his junior year. He can play CB and will play in the Nickel package. He has too much speed and great hands to sit on the bench. I am anxiously waiting to see his supposedly outstanding return capabilities. If he provides a spark like Rick Upchurch used to, then it should be a fun year.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Parker, Colorado!!
    Posts
    3,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx
    I am still waiting to hear how his return game looks. I havent heard anything about it yet.

    My brother attended camp last week and said DW's speed was just sick, and he's got the moves. He was really impressed by him. I can't wait to see him return kicks either. Hopefully he stays healthy all year long.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!


    Rest in peace, Darrent.

    I adopted Domenik Hixon!!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78
    I hope he does big things. Did anyone hear about Lenny offering him $1000 for every int he takes to the house? I think he could help our defense elevate to the next level as a nickleback. He also hopefully will be insane on KR and PR
    [IMG]http://img279.echo.cx/img279/2406/lelieisdamansig2nh.jpg[/IMG]

    ^Snk16

    Broncos Kick Ass

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dirty Jerz
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelieisdaman
    I hope he does big things. Did anyone hear about Lenny offering him $1000 for every int he takes to the house? I think he could help our defense elevate to the next level as a nickleback. He also hopefully will be insane on KR and PR
    i think that he was supposed to pay him for every kick return and punt return he takes to the house not int's.
    [IMG]http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/4861/lb0rp.jpg[/IMG]

    ^^^made by OrangeShadow

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    166
    My expectations for Darrent Williams is 1INT,4 PBU, 25 YDS KO , 10 PR AVG amd at least 1 TD on PR or KO.

    He will be going up against Curry and Craig Lewis

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    L.A./ Vanity Land
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by NJfan26
    i think that he was supposed to pay him for every kick return and punt return he takes to the house not int's.
    Any play where DW finishes in the end zone is fine with me. Heck I will donate $$$ if he takes some passes or kicks to the end zone. J/K
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by NJfan26
    i think that he was supposed to pay him for every kick return and punt return he takes to the house not int's.
    Hey, did you guys know that Deion Sanders used to buy the entire Punt Return team Rolex's if he returned a TD? What a guy!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dirty Jerz
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by RoorRipper
    Hey, did you guys know that Deion Sanders used to buy the entire Punt Return team Rolex's if he returned a TD? What a guy!
    yeah thats really nice...maybe when DW get some cash he'll do the same....or maybe not?
    [IMG]http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/4861/lb0rp.jpg[/IMG]

    ^^^made by OrangeShadow

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by NJfan26
    yeah thats really nice...maybe when DW get some cash he'll do the same....or maybe not?
    No way. It was Neon Deion! He made so much money off of shoe deals, commercials, things like that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78
    I have heard people talking about Darrent Williams not being more than a nickleback for his career because of his height......but just look at Dre' Bly
    [IMG]http://img279.echo.cx/img279/2406/lelieisdamansig2nh.jpg[/IMG]

    ^Snk16

    Broncos Kick Ass

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •