Broncos vs. Texans

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these boards, although as you can see I got my user name about a year ago I live in San Antonio, TX and have been a huge Broncos fan since 1988 (I was 5) Anyway, I usually only get to see 4 Broncos games per year, living in Texas. I have to say I can't wait for Saturday's Broncos/Texans game. Usually preseason games mean nothing, but this year there is so many intriguing plots...

How will our RB's look? We should get each of them for a quarter if my math is correct.

Is Putzier still going to be the main pass-catching tight end, or does Alexander's place on the depth chart make him the guy catching all of Jake's bootlegs?

Is this finally the year Ashley Lelie breaks through to the elite wide reciever class?

Rod Smith is now 35 I believe, how many years does he have left?

Will Elway be right (see NFL Live interview) and will this be Plummer's best year yet as a Bronco, being his 3rd year in the offensive system?

There's no question here, but I can't wait to get a look at the BEST linebacking core in the NFL.

Will Darrent Williams bring the kick/punt returning threat we haven't had since Darrien Gordon?

Will our defense force more turnovers this year?

Is Lenny Walls ready to step it up and stop all the talented # 2 recievers we play?

Now I'm sure we won't get answers to all those in the preseason, but since this is the only Broncos preseason game I will get to watch, I hope to get answers to a few. Let me also say that I plan to be in the Broncos chatroom during games not televised here, does anyone do play-by-play in there? I used to do the same thing when I was on AOL and they had a Broncos chat room. All you guys in Denver really don't know how good you have it. I watch ESPN all day just hoping for little sentences about the Broncos

houston

I am really fired up about this weekend. houston is going to be fantastic. Clarett's numbers will be inflated, running against the TExan's 7th string defense, but he is goin gto run for 80 yard sin one quarter.

I did have a question: anyone know wher ethe broncos are staying as a team? Where woul dbe a good place to try to get autographs? Going to Houston and I really want to meet some of the players. Anyone know the best place for this to happen

ps, Smith has two more years in him...at least. Lelie is going to break out for 1500 receiveing yards and 11 touchdowns this year. PLummer will definately have his best season ever, i will never contradict a JOhn Elway opinioni...especially when he is right. Improved defense means we get the ball more which equals more opportunities for the Snake to drive up his numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by blueduck77
    I am really fired up about this weekend. houston is going to be fantastic. Clarett's numbers will be inflated, running against the TExan's 7th string defense, but he is goin gto run for 80 yard sin one quarter.

I did have a question: anyone know wher ethe broncos are staying as a team? Where woul dbe a good place to try to get autographs? Going to Houston and I really want to meet some of the players. Anyone know the best place for this to happen

ps, Smith has two more years in him...at least. Lelie is going to break out for 1500 receiveing yards and 11 touchdowns this year. PLummer will definately have his best season ever, i will never contradict a JOhn Elway opinioni...especially when he is right. Improved defense means we get the ball more which equals more opportunities for the Snake to drive up his numbers.
    Clarett isn't making the trip to Houston because he is having an MRI done on his groin. I hope Rod Smith has a couple years left, he's my favorite Broncos wide reciever of all time right above the three amigos. I just am going to hate to see him start to decline like Tim Brown did in Oakland his last 2 years there. I'm no Raiders fan, but I can respect someone like Tim Brown for sure. I think that is a good point about the defense being better helping the offense. One thing the Broncos D needs more of in '05 is forced turnovers. I agree about Elway's comments, it was so nice to hear something like that from him. I think he also mentoined how in his 3rd year under Shanahan his numbers were the best of his career. I'd really like to see Plummer make a Pro-Bowl this year and start to turn around his overall TD to INT ratio. I think it's overblown a little bit, I mean Dan Marino and Brett Favre have always been guys that threw "a lot" of pics, but that doesn't take away from their accomplishments. I hope you get to meet some Broncos and get some autos, good luck, and enjoy your trip.