Thread: Nick Ferguson

Nick Ferguson

I keep seeing this guy pop up all over the highlight reels...interceptions, hits, sacks. Everything. Anyone got firsthand view of what he's done? I knew his coverage was better than Kenoy's, but I wasn't expecting it to be seemingly so good. He may be a big surprise this season, not only being solid but seriously excelling.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

The Train Wreck!!!!
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

I don't know guys

The reason he looks so good is that they only put the good plays in highlight reels. I mean, so far in his Bronco career he hasn't been much more than a faster John Lynch (and there ain't nothin wrong with that). But, if he wins the job at FS, then more power to him.

That is what Champ needs. Hopefully, he can provide the coverge against teams.

Thumbs up Short Memories???

Ferguson played extensively two years ago and played well. They signed him to an extended contract right after that season. He has decent coverage skills and is a good hitter. Ask the Pittsburg Steelers if he can hit. He was a strong point in the defensive backfield when they played him. He is experienced and intelligent and has the support of his teammates. If it is possible, I see a big improvement for the defense this year for no reason other than improved talent and depth. For just one year, I hope the "injury bug" moves on to Chokeland and bites Randy MESS on the B***!!!

Nick is for real !!

When we got imbarrassed by Indy two years ago, hewas out with an injury. He would have made a big difference I think. He is a level headed, hard working, talented playmaker. Him, the improved D-line and linebacking core got me stoked for sacks and picks on third down.... what a hilarious change of our games!!!!
    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

We should have kept Kenoy and dropped Lynch, and then let brandon and ferguson battle it out for FS, Kenoy is a younger john Lynch.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31
    We should have kept Kenoy and dropped Lynch, and then let brandon and ferguson battle it out for FS, Kenoy is a younger john Lynch.

Kennoy was a crappy safety and i am glad he was gone. He was always out of position, was slow, and very unintelligent. A smart safety is a ballhawking safety, and Ferguson is one of the most intelligent players on the team. And John Lynch is a superb run supporting safety....like a SS should be. Kennoys big hits were only on receivers coming across the middle. Lynch levels both recievers and backs.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

How did he look in coverage, yesterday?

Will we sub out JLynch for Dime/Quarter packages? Seems sensible...

Kenoy would be good if there were a coverage safety with him, but they're right to let him go, Nick hits hard, he's decent at coverage. And he writes poetry.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry1977
    Kennoy was a crappy safety and i am glad he was gone. He was always out of position, was slow, and very unintelligent. A smart safety is a ballhawking safety, and Ferguson is one of the most intelligent players on the team. And John Lynch is a superb run supporting safety....like a SS should be. Kennoys big hits were only on receivers coming across the middle. Lynch levels both recievers and backs.

amen brother glad the skull is gone. Almost every big passing TD this past year he was trailing on.

As fa as his hitting is concerned es he could hit like a train. BUt if he did not knock them off heir feet many time or should say most time thekept on trucking fr a nother 8-10 yards befroe someone else drug them down.

They guy just did not wrap up on his tackles.

As far as John goes he is not any slower than the rest of the safeties. Most of the safety position is being smart being where the action is and John is that.

Will he get beat from time to time, sure but most others will also. He has that nose for the ball. KK did not or if he did he only made some big hits to keep him a crowd favorite.

Thumbs up Improved Safety position

I believe the staff made major efforts to improve the defensive backfield with their FA and draft picks. The last two years have shown the lack of depth in the defensive backfield, as starters were missing before both Indy games. The rookies all have speed and the young safeties are impressive. Who better to teach them and set examples than Champ Baily and John Lynch? Within two years, the DBs will be a strong point. Keep improving the DL, keep the LBs healthy, and watch the Defense dominate like the Offense. Also, the turnovers have to improve, which makes the Offense even better.