• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Perry1977
    Hollow.
    • Aug 2003

More Bad Rumors About Clarett

Clarett sure is a hot topic on PFT...I guess we will see how it all turns out and see just how credible these guys' sources are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CLARETT WANTS TO BE CUT

As it turns out, T.O. isn't the only guy who might be faking a groin injury.

A league source tells us that Broncos rookie running back Maurice Clarett's groin injury is, in reality, a response by Clarett to the fact that he was stuck at the bottom of the depth chart at tailback.

Mo-Clo's reasoning (tortured as it may be) is that he can't earn the incentives in that stoopid no-bonus contract if he isn't getting touches on Sundays, and that he can't get touches on Sundays in September and beyond if he isn't getting reps with the ones in training camp and preseason.

So his grand plan, per the source, is to cajole the team into cutting him, in the hopes that he'll end up somewhere else . . . as the starter.

If Clarett were to be released, he'd first pass through waivers, giving every team a crack at picking up the rights to his current contract. So in order to get paid beyond his $230,000 salary, he'd have to get to the top of the depth chart in his new town.

But that presumes he'll even get out of Denver. As our own Len Lasagna reported on Thursday, the Broncos eventually will put Clarett on injured reserve, squirreling him away for the 2005 season.

Whether that means Clarett gets a chance to win the starting gig in 2006 remains to be seen. We're hearing that Clarett is even more turdish in camp than the run-of-the-mill Bronco turd-jobs, and our guess is that the team eventually will tire of his routine.

When they do, of course, they'll be acknowledging that Coach Teflon's propensity for finding diamonds in the dregs of the draft had temporarily gone on hiatus when they handed in the card at the last pick in round three with Clarett's name on it.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
  • Dawgfan
    King of the Echo People
    • Oct 2004

Don't trust that site...

That site is very untrustworthy .... believe me - the second something from that site or something by Roger Brown is mentioned it is automatically discredited.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Kaufman26
      Practice Squad
      • Aug 2005

i dont even know why you guys drafted clarett, you guys can run the ball with anybody

Comment

• topscribe
        RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kaufman26
        i dont even know why you guys drafted clarett, you guys can run the ball with anybody
        Part of the reason we can run the ball with anybody is because of whom we draft.

-----

Comment

• havoc
          Practice Squad
          • Jul 2005

clarett rumors

i wish you people would quit looking for negative things to mention on broncomania. It's almost like you enjoy hearing bad things about certain players and hurry up and post them. I would just be patient and see what happens. there is four preseason games before the start of the season. why would clarett give up now before even being in a preseason game. He wants to move up on the depth chart not just lay back and fake the severity of an injury. I bet he is pretty upset that he isnt able to play with the team today but if you are hurting and cant make the cuts that you normally can make why make it worse by trying to play and being slow and injuring it more instead of taking the time to heal up for a week or so then coming out and performing the best you can and let the coaches see him in the games. he will probably get game reps in next week and when he does I think he'll do fine and maybe then the negativaty that some people love to write about him will slow down a bit. Remember he has alot of talent. He is a rookie, It'll take time to learn the system and take off some rust. When he gets it he should be impressive. I have watched all of the top rb draft picks highlight films from this year. He seemed to be better than most. the other backs may have been faster, but his power and quickness were pretty impressive. When he gets to that point again, which I'm sure he will, he could quite possibly make alot of you look like fools for writing so much garbage. So how bout ending this thread with the hopes for a speedy recovery and for him to go out there show the broncos fans what he can do.

Comment

• Perry1977
            Hollow.
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by havoc
            i wish you people would quit looking for negative things to mention on broncomania. It's almost like you enjoy hearing bad things about certain players and hurry up and post them. I would just be patient and see what happens. there is four preseason games before the start of the season. why would clarett give up now before even being in a preseason game. He wants to move up on the depth chart not just lay back and fake the severity of an injury. I bet he is pretty upset that he isnt able to play with the team today but if you are hurting and cant make the cuts that you normally can make why make it worse by trying to play and being slow and injuring it more instead of taking the time to heal up for a week or so then coming out and performing the best you can and let the coaches see him in the games. he will probably get game reps in next week and when he does I think he'll do fine and maybe then the negativaty that some people love to write about him will slow down a bit. Remember he has alot of talent. He is a rookie, It'll take time to learn the system and take off some rust. When he gets it he should be impressive. I have watched all of the top rb draft picks highlight films from this year. He seemed to be better than most. the other backs may have been faster, but his power and quickness were pretty impressive. When he gets to that point again, which I'm sure he will, he could quite possibly make alot of you look like fools for writing so much garbage. So how bout ending this thread with the hopes for a speedy recovery and for him to go out there show the broncos fans what he can do.
            Hey man, I'm with you. I'm just storing up ammunition if these guys are blowing smoke. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out. I am all for Clarett showing all the nay-sayers wrong.

Comment

• Dawgfan
              King of the Echo People
              • Oct 2004

Hey Perry,

Did you watch the NFL HOF game?

There was a guy in the stands with a sign that read

" Laces Out Dan! - Ray Finkle "

With bullet holes on it
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Perry1977
                Hollow.
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                Hey Perry,

Did you watch the NFL HOF game?

There was a guy in the stands with a sign that read

" Laces Out Dan! - Ray Finkle "

With bullet holes on it

Yeah dude, that was hilarious.

Comment

• Backforty
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jul 2005

tough times

This is going to be a tough year for mo-clo. Im sure with the time off he he has had his body is going to have a hard time adjusting to the vigors of the NFL. On the bright side BigMo's rehab is going well. he was still a little sore today but thats because he's pushing to get back. Patience is the key for him right now. But his attitude is right and with that his body will follow. Just stay the course fellas The broncos are ready to rumble.

Comment

Working...
                  X