Thread: Watts

Watts

I heard Watts got moved down below Rice on the depth chart today.
    Im not sure that is that much better. Rice couldn't get open and Watts couldn't
    catch it when he did. Can Watts come back from this I hope so cause they said
    defenders can't keep up with him.

Get up there Jerry!! I want him to be our #3, I know he can still do it. Watts can't catch anything, keep him off the field.

Jack Luminous Guest

Well

Quote Originally Posted by Crush_570
    I heard Watts got moved down below Rice on the depth chart today.
    Im not sure that is that much better. Rice couldn't get open and Watts couldn't
    catch it when he did. Can Watts come back from this I hope so cause they said
    defenders can't keep up with him.

Nothing like a little added motivation....

hey drops will get you cut in Denver....ask Jed Waever and Byron Chamberlain...

watts

Hey all.....just wanted to comment on Watts. I went to Marshall and got the chance to see Watts play. He did this same thing early on there as well. He had trouble holding on to the ball. He overcame it there and he will overcome in denver as well. Just wanted to give him a vote of confidence....I think that's the big problem right now

I hate to say I told some of you so.....

Quote Originally Posted by walkingthunder
    Hey all.....just wanted to comment on Watts. I went to Marshall and got the chance to see Watts play. He did this same thing early on there as well. He had trouble holding on to the ball. He overcame it there and he will overcome in denver as well. Just wanted to give him a vote of confidence....I think that's the big problem right now
    Thanks for the assurance. With the way Watts can turn defenders inside out with his routes, I really hope he can overcome the problem.
    He probably has more talent than anybody in the group, with the possible exception of Lelie.

-----

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    I hate to say I told some of you so.....
    Little early for that, isn't it?

-----

A quick question I think we should answer when looking at Watts...

What is more likely to happen first, Watts loses his tremendous ability to separate from coverage or he starts catching the ball again?

I'm betting on the 2nd one to happen first. There's a reason Watts has even had the opportunity to have some drops, because he has had that many balls thrown to him, meaning, he gets open, consistently.

Watts has proved at Marshall that not catching the ball is not a physical problem for him with his hands, it's a mental thing that has him right now. All it will take is a string of a few catches to turn the tables the other way.

Watts will get it turned around, and when he does, we'll get to see all the other skills he has that have been overshadowed by a few drops.

BTW, he only had 2 balls thrown to him on Saturday agains the Colts, one he caught, the other was very low. We saw Lelie and Rice drop much more catchable balls in the last couple games than that.

Watts will get back to his #3 WR position this year, and he'll surpass his catch total from last year as long as he remains healthy. He's doing everything right as of now, he's working just as hard, probably harder, and has not changed his routine. This is a good thing, it means he hasn't panicked and is just waiting out this stretch.

Very soon, we will be very excited to have Watts catching passes on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Thanks for the assurance. With the way Watts can turn defenders inside out with his routes, I really hope he can overcome the problem.
    He probably has more talent than anybody in the group, with the possible exception of Lelie.

-----
    I completely agree with you Scribe. The boy's got skills for sure. If he starts catching the ball...... whew ..... the rest of the league's in trouble. I have my doubts but I haven't given up on him entirely yet.
    The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by walkingthunder
    BTW, welcome to the boards!!

-----

Watts will be fine.

I'm praying that Watts will continue to work hard. Pretty soon he will get better catching that ball. He sure knows how to get open and when he makes the catch he's a good open field runner.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

How do you think he'll handle Adams and Devoe breathing down his neck? I'm sure he'll come through and become #2 in the future...he's got a lot of potential. But I'm liking what I see in Devoe and Adams too...

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

thanks topscribe....Actually got to see my first Bronco game last year when they went to Cincy....