Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: Todd Devoe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7

    Todd Devoe

    I know Todd on a first name basis and followed him very closely in college football. Regarding his 40 time, think what you will but here's the truth of the matter...

    Todd is not the fastest out of the blocks, but the 4.64 time that someone posted is an anomally, I can assure you. He's more like a 4.45...

    Also...

    The 40 is partially a measure of how fast you get out of the blocks and also a measure of one's speed. Todd may not be the fastest out of the blocks, but when he's up to full speed, he's a fast as ANYONE in the NFL. If he gets behind a defender it all over. A real deep ball threat...!

    Hope this helps...?

    Bill
    Last edited by Bill S; 08-16-2005 at 09:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Invesco Nosebleeds
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill S
    he's a fast as ANYONE in the NFL.
    Wow!!!!! Really? I assume you can back this up? He seems like a good pick-up and probably will see extensive playing time on the practice squad, but I think you may have went a little too far here

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, California
    Posts
    148
    Maybe he's as fast as anyone in the NFL - with a 3 yard head start. That should prevent him from getting caught from behind too often.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Leoben, Austria
    Posts
    46
    If this is the Bill S I assume it is then he is one of the biggest backers of CMSU football there is, so his word can be taken as legit on this topic.

    And Bill do come back to d2football its not the same man...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Calif. Bronco
    Wow!!!!! Really? I assume you can back this up? He seems like a good pick-up and probably will see extensive playing time on the practice squad, but I think you may have went a little too far here
    Watch him play...! I've seen him pull away (on deep routes) from some "very fast" d-backs with 4.4 & 4.3 speed. I was simply answering someone's question regarding how he appears to be faster than his 40 time indicates. HE IS...! If you don't believe me, then watch him play. Don't take your insecurities out on me...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by CH3COOH
    If this is the Bill S I assume it is then he is one of the biggest backers of CMSU football there is, so his word can be taken as legit on this topic.

    And Bill do come back to d2football its not the same man...
    Thanks friend, but I left that board because it was not properly moderated. I still respond to e-mails and "check in" from time to time to take a peek on things related to D2, but I will not allow it to taint my view of football any longer.

    Regarding Todd Devoe...

    ...the previous poster made my point for me. When WRs line up, the d-back is not side by side with him and racing him out of the blocks. The d-back generally starts out facing the WR (the last time I checked) and if he stumbles or falters at all and Todd gets a step on him, it's over. The game of football is not played on the track. Todd Devoe has real game speed. Most of his 80+ yard TD last weekend against the Texans was after the catch. He couldn't be caught. There, I just proved it. Case closed...!

    Last edited by Bill S; 08-16-2005 at 12:11 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Invesco Nosebleeds
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill S
    Watch him play...! I've seen him pull away (on deep routes) from some "very fast" d-backs with 4.4 & 4.3 speed. I was simply answering someone's question regarding how he appears to be faster than his 40 time indicates. HE IS...! If you don't believe me, then watch him play. Don't take your insecurities out on me...
    Settle down!!!!!! I never said he wasn't faster than his 40 time or that he can't pull away from some DB's. My only issue was that you said he is "as fast as anyone in the NFL." That is a very strong statement that needs a little more to back it up than "watch him play." Do you have any idea how many speedburners there are in the game today? And yet you claim this guy is as fast as all of them? Again, back it up and don't take things so personally.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Calif. Bronco
    Settle down!!!!!! I never said he wasn't faster than his 40 time or that he can't pull away from some DB's. My only issue was that you said he is "as fast as anyone in the NFL." That is a very strong statement that needs a little more to back it up than "watch him play." Do you have any idea how many speedburners there are in the game today? And yet you claim this guy is as fast as all of them? Again, back it up and don't take things so personally.
    No problem friend. I sensed some sarcasm in your comment...?

    Saying "prove it" is a little like saying, shower me with statistics because I don't believe you. All I'm saying is...

    ...stats prove nothing. Touchdowns do...!

    ...by the way, do you like his initials...? T.D.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Invesco Nosebleeds
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill S
    No problem friend. I sensed some sarcasm in your comment...?

    Saying "prove it" is a little like saying, shower me with statistics because I don't believe you. All I'm saying is...

    ...stats prove nothing. Touchdowns do...!

    ...by the way, do you like his initials...? T.D.

    A little sarcasm was there, I admit.

    I do believe you that he's fast (we all saw that on Saturday) I just think your original statement may have been a slight exageration.

    I agree - give me a slower guy who can find paydirt over a speedburner who drops balls and won't go over the middle anytime.

    His initials were not lost on me, nor was his draft status and comparisons to Rod. Here's to the guy working his a** off and becoming a stud.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8
    I ran a search for "Todd Devoe" on google. What I found out, in a nut shell, is that every place he has played he's been a stand out performer. College, NFL practice teams (Ravens and Dolphens) and NFL Europe. How he has slipped from team to team is a bit of a mystery to me though. Run a search on him if you doubt what I'm saying.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7
    The NFL is full of studs. Some of the greatest in the game were NOT first rounders and didn't start out as the greatest either.

    Jerry Rice and Rod Smith were both D2 players, just like Todd. I'm not saying Todd is Jerry Rice or Rod Smith, but his locker is next to Rice's in the locker room and Rod Smith and Todd Devoe both came out of the same conf (MIAA) in D2.

    Todd has a couple of "GREAT" mentors in Rice and Smith. I'll bet they see lot of themsleves in Todd just a decade (or two decades in Rice's case) ago.

    The best thing about Todd Devoe is that he is a genuinely nice guy and will never be the kinda self-absorbed WR that TO and Randy Moss have become.

    He will NOT embarrass the Broncos...!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,233
    I'm sold. I say give him a shot. So far in camp he seems to have done more than Johnson, Luke, and Crenshaw. If he keeps up his performance, I'll be jumping on his bandwagon soon. He has nice measurables, too. I like the fact that he's 6'2", 208 lbs. It would really be nice to have a big target like that in the red zone and one who can actually break tackles.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    With Solus Christus
    Posts
    8,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill S
    The NFL is full of studs. Some of the greatest in the game were NOT first rounders and didn't start out as the greatest either.

    Jerry Rice and Rod Smith were both D2 players, just like Todd. I'm not saying Todd is Jerry Rice or Rod Smith, but his locker is next to Rice's in the locker room and Rod Smith and Todd Devoe both came out of the same conf (MIAA) in D2.

    Todd has a couple of "GREAT" mentors in Rice and Smith. I'll bet they see lot of themsleves in Todd just a decade (or two decades in Rice's case) ago.

    The best thing about Todd Devoe is that he is a genuinely nice guy and will never be the kinda self-absorbed WR that TO and Randy Moss have become.

    He will NOT embarrass the Broncos...!
    I have been all over this guy since the first time I saw him this year in person and on highlights. It just seems like out of all of the WR's his name has been called the most as far as playmaking is concerned. Look at what he did saturday night once he got in. I would love to see him in the game against the 1's or 2's this week. I think that once again, we have found a diamond in the ruff. If we let him go or even to the practice squad, you better believe a team will jump at getting him.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Posts
    1,779
    Judging by what Devoe has done in camp and in his first preseason game, I'd love to see him line up as our slot receiver this year. Watts CONTINUES to be inconsistent catching the ball, while this guy is catching nearly everything. He's also mentally tough it seems, as he dropped a pass from Mauck the play before he busted that 92 yarder. Could be our answer on O when Rod hangs up the cleats.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,473
    It seems like every year there's a WR that gets talked up. Travis McGriff, Chris Cole, Kevin Kasper, Ashley, Watts, and now this guy. Three of those guys ended up being garbage. It took Ashley 3 years to be a factor, and actually he is just a deep threat guy. And Watts drops too many balls. This Devoe guy catches a 92 yard pass and everyone's on the bandwagon.

    I don't know how everyone was able to get on the bandwagon, as fast as he is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •