X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duilen
    Practice Squad
    • Dec 2004

It started long before his 92 yard catch. This guy has been making big plays almost every day in TC.
    Flash Tower Defense Games

Comment

• RBDynasty
      Special Teams
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by In-com-plete
      I don't know how everyone was able to get on the bandwagon, as fast as he is.
      Hahahaha .... I love it.
      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

• Tibs2go
        Practice Squad
        • Jul 2005

It seems like every year there's a WR that gets talked up. Travis McGriff, Chris Cole, Kevin Kasper, Ashley, Watts, and now this guy. Three of those guys ended up being garbage. It took Ashley 3 years to be a factor, and actually he is just a deep threat guy. And Watts drops too many balls. This Devoe guy catches a 92 yard pass and everyone's on the bandwagon.

Ouch, Good point. What ever happened to Travis McGriff?

Comment

• RebelSyxx
          Practice Squad
          • Oct 2003

Travis McGriff? Special teamer.....Didn't have the speed, route running or hands to make it as an NFL WR. I believe he spent one more season with TB than was released and is no longer active playing football.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

• jletourneau
            <--- Won in the Draft!!!
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Duilen
            It started long before his 92 yard catch. This guy has been making big plays almost every day in TC.
            exactly! I don't think anyone was ever looking to start a Devoe bandwagon. In fact, everyone was so enamored at that point about what Luke, Crenshaw or B.J. Johnson might bring to the table that Devoe didn't even have anything for people to jump on. We all saw his name on the roster, and probably assumed he'd be among the first cuts.

But then, starting with the first week of camp, he made play after play and catch after catch, consistently. I was shocked and going, okay, who is this 14 guy again.

Devoe still has some big hurdles to clear to make the active roster, but he definitely deserves the mention he is getting after the practices and game he has had. Now, he just needs to show us more consistency over the course of a couple more games, and he might force Shanny to keep 6 WR's.

I'm rooting for him, but I still think it might be a long shot. Good luck Todd!

Comment

• rcsodak
              Step UP, or Step OFF!
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by RebelSyxx
              Travis McGriff? Special teamer.....Didn't have the speed, route running or hands to make it as an NFL WR. I believe he spent one more season with TB than was released and is no longer active playing football.
              Man....I coulda swore I saw his name in a team's stats from last weekend....

..pitt maybe? Skins? Fins?
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• White Dragon
                Banned User
                • Aug 2005

It seems like every year there's a WR that gets talked up. Travis McGriff, Chris Cole, Kevin Kasper, Ashley, Watts, and now this guy. Three of those guys ended up being garbage. It took Ashley 3 years to be a factor, and actually he is just a deep threat guy. And Watts drops too many balls. This Devoe guy catches a 92 yard pass and everyone's on the bandwagon.

You forgot Marcus Nash.
                McGriff & Nash both play in the Arena Football League now, Cole is a free agent and Kasper plays for the Texans.
                There are always recievers that get talked up and talked about during the pre-season, sometimes they end up being what everyone was saying, but most of the time they end up either being cut or stuck far down the depth chart.

Comment

• DistilledFun
                  Practice Squad
                  • Mar 2004

Im not on the Todd bandwagon yet. But it seems I might join soon so keep a place for me. Im not sold on his speed. THough it does appear he has the deceptive speed with very long strides. though to make the me jump on the wagon i want to see more broken tackles and more over the middle catches. its not the highlight stuff that will get me its being a complete player.
                  No matter what, I win.

Comment

• Bill S
                    Practice Squad
                    • Aug 2005

Todd Devoe

Let's just judge him for what he "DOES", not what he "can do" or worse yet, by what "others have done" in the past...? Judging Todd for what he DOES, I'm sure, is what Mike Shanahan is doing, and rightfully so. So far, Todd has done well...!

Todd, my sons and I are rooting (and praying) for ya man.

Go Todd, go Mules, and go Broncos...!
                    Last edited by Bill S; 08-18-2005, 11:39 AM. Reason: grammar/readability

Comment

• warpaint
                      Practice Squad
                      • Aug 2005

w/ any luck, if he works hard and really dedicates himself, todd devoe just might have a chance reaching the rarified air occupied by only a select few

such as jamaica rector for example.
                      tricky dik vermeil rides again!

Comment

• Colorado69
                        Special Teams
                        • Jun 2004

I remember one receiver that made it

Just a few years ago a tall, not very fast, but with long strides, wide receiver was picked up. He made his living going across the middle and getting beat up. He had been on at least two other NFL teams and was buried in the mix. IF Big Mac can make it with effort and a high threshold for pain, maybe Todd Devoe has a chance. How did TD catch the coach's eye? A hard tackle on special teams. What I'm stating is that the unknown players need to make plays to attract the coach's attention. I would say that a 90+ yard TD should help. Maybe the Broncos have an inside informant about talent in small schools in Missouri? It would be a good story if Devoe makes the team and excels later.

Comment

• HORSEPOWER 56
                          Offensively Defensive...
                          • Oct 2004

Looking good!

Well, Devoe's second appearance didn't dissappoint. Once again he was the leading receiver (in yardage). I'm now officially pulling for him to make the team as at least the 5th WR. Seeing as how Crenshaw and Johnson are getting zero time so far and Luke is doing nothing at all, I'm thinking Devoe and Adams are a lock if we keep 6 WR. If we only keep 5, I'd almost be willing to say bye-bye JR to keep Adams and Devoe. Adams looked really good on PRs tonight and Devoe had 2 great catches.

Comment

• CH3COOH
                            Practice Squad
                            • Mar 2004

I have been on the Todd Devoe bandwagon since I pull for all D2 guys to make it in the league. His performance has been eye opening and hopefully he catching the Coach's eye.

Comment

• warpaint
                              Practice Squad
                              • Aug 2005

devoe has all of the physical tools to be successful in the nfl. size, speed, hands, athleticism, etc.
                              tricky dik vermeil rides again!

Comment

• HORSEPOWER 56
                                Offensively Defensive...
                                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by warpaint
                                devoe has all of the physical tools to be successful in the nfl. size, speed, hands, athleticism, etc.
                                And most importantly, he's not a rookie!

Comment

Working...
                                X