Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can Dorsett Davis be a factor?

Do you think this guy has a shot now this year since he's healthy? (KNOCKS ON WOOD)

I remember reading reports that he was one of the top DT in college who actually can get to the QB......

Have you seen anything in him? Or is he a sure cut?

If performance is the deciding factor I would have to say he will make the team.
    He was the most impressive Lineman on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    If performance is the deciding factor I would have to say he will make the team.
    I heard that he was putting some pressure on the QB.

Does he have any chance of taking "super mario fatfaehis (sp)" job?

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco16
    I heard that he was putting some pressure on the QB.

Does he have any chance of taking "super mario fatfaehis (sp)" job?
    nope. Fatafehi is a lock. However, if some injuries occur, i could see davis making the team.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Dorsett Davis got injured today.
    Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/4...tlersigdz0.gif
    Sig above made by me!
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...1172395547.png

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    You can never predict what Shanny will do, you never know.

Dorsett Davis has replaced Mario Fatafehi on second string defence.

Source, denverbroncos.com

ya every report ive read or seen has been very positive. he seems to be getting pressure and making plays in practise. he could be a pleasant surprise. imagine one of shannys drafts on the line coming through?
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

I think this could be a big year for Dorsett Davis as I posted in June. However, he has shown these flashes of effort and ability in training camp before and then went into hibernation. He has the ability. Now, does he have the work ethic? The knock on him coming out of college was that he took plays off.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc
    ya every report ive read or seen has been very positive. he seems to be getting pressure and making plays in practise. he could be a pleasant surprise. imagine one of shannys drafts on the line coming through?

Shanahan drafted Pryce if I remember correctly- not a bad pick, but I understand your point. Successful drafting at those positions has been way below average.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    Shanahan drafted Pryce if I remember correctly- not a bad pick, but I understand your point. Successful drafting at those positions has been way below average.
    Reggie Hayward and Montae Reagor havent werent to shabby either, I think his average is a lil higher than some like to think, b/c good D-linemen are very hard find.

Good point Sam. This is especially true when you look at the failure rate on first and second round picks spent upon the D-line by all NFL teams. It and QB seems to be a crap shoot.

BUT, price only had a couple of superb years, then mediocrity and had to be called on the carpet for a couple of years. Once he got his new contract he was nothing special. Just showed up for work did not perform @ a $9,000,000.00 per year level. Or maybe my expectations are a tad high.

Potential was on the moon, has not played like it since getting the really BIG contract.

Had I been Mikey I'd have cut the clown and ate the cap space and sent a message to the squad

no workee, no payee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    BUT, price only had a couple of superb years, then mediocrity and had to be called on the carpet for a couple of years. Once he got his new contract he was nothing special. Just showed up for work did not perform @ a $9,000,000.00 per year level. Or maybe my expectations are a tad high.

Potential was on the moon, has not played like it since getting the really BIG contract.

Had I been Mikey I'd have cut the clown and ate the cap space and sent a message to the squad

no workee, no payee.
    jr your kidding right? pryce is widely considered a pro bowler and he and al wilson were the bright spot on our team before the new D had been a point of emphasis with shanny. ie 99-02 in 03 it was double team pryce all time and in 04 he was hurt. in 05 look for pryce to goto the probowl and in doing so making the browncos look real good.
    No matter what, I win.

I think this could be a big year for Dorsett Davis as I posted in June. However, he has shown these flashes of effort and ability in training camp before and then went into hibernation. He has the ability. Now, does he have the work ethic? The knock on him coming out of college was that he took plays off.
    Seems to me that that phrase is becoming WAYYYYY too overused in the scouting reports being given.
    How the hell do they know what's going on in a college kid's head? Girlfriend probs. Money probs. Grade probs. Family probs....
    Its not like they're making bookoo bucks, riding hummers and hanging with their homies.
    College is NOT their livelihoold....but a stepping stone in their lives.

I wasn't exactly a go-getter in college either, but that doesn't mean I work any less than anybody else, now.

Next thing you know, they'll be talking about how they were fat/out of shape back in grade school.....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DURANGO BRONCO
    I agree. I thought he did a good job getting penetration, and collapsing the pocket. The biggest problem they had against the run was poor tackling, and overpursuit.
    I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch