Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Bolts are back

Kaeding making 2 fg's L.T. 1 carry for 55 yards and a td..... made adama archuleta look like a crippled hamster trying to tackle him. Brees 118 yards in one half no picks good completion rate... without gates and mccardell. Drayton florence picks off Marc bulger and takes it to the house... Chargers Def gets a safety... Shawn Merriman kills a RB...Steve foley gets a sack..... Darren Sproles dazzles on returns.... the bolts look ready to take it to the NFL. 2005 World Champion San Diego Super Chargers.
    2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Samie Parker scores a touchdown and forces three pass interference calls on Arizona because the CB had to grab him to keep him from going long...Larry Johnson goes for 49 yards on 9 carries...Derrick Johnson runs right through a runningback to tackle Kurt Warner just as he throws the ball away...Kawika Mitchell blows up a toss play and tackles the RB in the backfield for a loss...On a long pass, Sammy Knight and Patrick Surtain go up to knock the ball out of the air and slam the receiver to the ground...Scott Fujita knocks the ball out of the J.J. Arrington's hands for a fumble which Sammy Knight recovers...Benny Sapp put pressure on Kurt Warner all night...James Kilian scampers around in the backfield for about 10 second,avoiding near sacks, before he completes a beautiful 47-yard pass to John Booth...Chiefs D-line cause several deflected passes...Undrafted linebacker Kris Griffin starts in place of Kendrell Bell (who will be back next week) and excels in coverage as he hits the receivers at the right time to knock the ball out...Chiefs defense was very fast in the game...Arizona held to 256 total offensive yards.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Saints also beat the pats.conclusion preseaosn means NOTHING

I wouldn't exactly say the preseason means nothing. I say the score means nothing. What matters is how the players played. The Chiefs lost their game, but that only happened once our horrible #3 QB came in and handed the game to Arizona.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

SD went winless in pre season in 04 and then won the division. it doesnt have that much important other than to iron out some kinks.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    I wouldn't exactly say the preseason means nothing. I say the score means nothing. What matters is how the players played. The Chiefs lost their game, but that only happened once our horrible #3 QB came in and handed the game to Arizona.
    Hey K,

Do you feel good about KC's depth at QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanluisboltfan
    Hey K,

Do you feel good about KC's depth at QB?
    I feel fine about the first two spots. However, Todd Collins is probably out until at least the first game of the season. Trent Green has played in 64 consecutive games, but he is getting older and he is pushing it. If he stays healthy, we are absolutely fine. If not, Todd Collins would do fine for a game or two. Todd Collins has not started in a meaningful game in a while, but he knows the offense just as well as Trent Green. However, after that we downright suck at QB. Damon Huard went 1-12 against Arizona and had two interceptions, one of which was returned for a TD and and the other set up Arizona for a short TD drive. Rookie QB James Kilian has a good arm and is very mobile, but he is inexperienced. He threw an interception in the game and has made some mistakes. However, I am still more comfortable with him than Damon Huard. Kilian was flushed out of the pocket and evaded Arizona's defense for about 10 seconds before he threw a 47 yard pass for a completion. To answer your question, once Todd Collins comes back I am happy with the depth at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    I feel fine about the first two spots. However, Todd Collins is probably out until at least the first game of the season. Trent Green has played in 64 consecutive games, but he is getting older and he is pushing it. If he stays healthy, we are absolutely fine. If not, Todd Collins would do fine for a game or two. Todd Collins has not started in a meaningful game in a while, but he knows the offense just as well as Trent Green. However, after that we downright suck at QB. Damon Huard went 1-12 against Arizona and had two interceptions, one of which was returned for a TD and and the other set up Arizona for a short TD drive. Rookie QB James Kilian has a good arm and is very mobile, but he is inexperienced. He threw an interception in the game and has made some mistakes. However, I am still more comfortable with him than Damon Huard. Kilian was flushed out of the pocket and evaded Arizona's defense for about 10 seconds before he threw a 47 yard pass for a completion. To answer your question, once Todd Collins comes back I am happy with the depth at QB.
    Todd Collins is a good back up. Green better stay healthy for week 1 becuase the other guys looked bad so far in preeason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanluisboltfan
    Todd Collins is a good back up. Green better stay healthy for week 1 becuase the other guys looked bad so far in preeason.
    He looked pretty competetive in the bar fight

One thing's for sure. It's going to be Wild Wild in the AFC West this year.

Here's to the best division in football....again.....finally.....
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

The 2004 Arizona Cardinals went undefeated in the preseason and got swept by the 49ers in the regular season. Quit this stupid bragging.

Quote Originally Posted by super_boltz
    Kaeding making 2 fg's L.T. 1 carry for 55 yards and a td..... made adama archuleta look like a crippled hamster trying to tackle him. Brees 118 yards in one half no picks good completion rate... without gates and mccardell. Drayton florence picks off Marc bulger and takes it to the house... Chargers Def gets a safety... Shawn Merriman kills a RB...Steve foley gets a sack..... Darren Sproles dazzles on returns.... the bolts look ready to take it to the NFL. 2005 World Champion San Diego Super Chargers.

weird .......after your first preseason loss you were saying it dont mean anything,,,just preseason...now you win one and it superbowl champs.....
    Last edited by arapaho; 08-23-2005 at 09:56 AM.
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Well, it's only preseason. We'll see what happens when the Season begins.
    [url=http://www.sportswrath.com][img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3883/swchiefs9co.jpg[/img][/url]

Dont forget that the week earlier they looked terrible. Not talking smack but its true. I just think when it comes to pre-season its hard to judge either way.Good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins4Life
    Dont forget that the week earlier they looked terrible. Not talking smack but its true. I just think when it comes to pre-season its hard to judge either way.Good or bad.
    Ya good answer. I would be saying things like that too if my team was as bad as miami. Not talking smack its true.