• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HORSEPOWER 56
    Offensively Defensive...
    • Oct 2004

First cuts

When are the teams' first cuts? Don't they start trimming down the roster after the 3rd preseason game?
  • mikeyrow
    Practice Squad
    • Sep 2003

Aug. 30 -- Roster cutdown to maximum of 65 players.

Sept. 4 -- Roster cutdown to maximum of 53 players.

(There are some roster exemptions for NFL Europe players and possibly some others, but the Broncos have very few this year.)

Comment

• Bigplayshay84
      Bench Warmer
      • Oct 2003

who do you guys think will be the first guys to get cut?

Comment

• Javalon
        Hail to the King, baby!
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84
        who do you guys think will be the first guys to get cut?
        Kris Briggs, BJ Johnson, Romar Crenshaw, Ben Nowland, Zach Wilson, Chad Friehauf, Demetrin Veal, Raylee Johnson, Aaron Hunt, Louis Green, Markus Steele, Jeff Shoate. Maybe Kanell, Brandon Miree, Chukie Nwokorie, Rod Babers, Curome Cox, Triandos Luke, Wesley Duke, Patrick Hape (or Mike Leach instead if he keeps struggling with the long snapping) and Paul Ernster.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• ricethegoat
          Practice Squad
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Javalon
          Kris Briggs, BJ Johnson, Romar Crenshaw, Ben Nowland, Zach Wilson, Chad Friehauf, Demetrin Veal, Raylee Johnson, Aaron Hunt, Louis Green, Markus Steele, Jeff Shoate. Maybe Kanell, Brandon Miree, Chukie Nwokorie, Rod Babers, Curome Cox, Triandos Luke, Wesley Duke, Patrick Hape (or Mike Leach instead if he keeps struggling with the long snapping) and Paul Ernster.
          and bye bye ol Luke...

Comment

• rcsodak
            Step UP, or Step OFF!
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Javalon
            I think alot of your names might meet the knife, but in the LAST cut, not the first.
            Veal is one of my sleepers...and from what I've heard/read, he's making a case for himself.
            Duke/Ernster/Friehauf SHOULD be PS inductees.....so you wouldn't think they'd be left hanging for 2 weeks for somebody else to grab 'em.
            Cox is moving up......he might take the place of a boarder cb/safety.

Have you noticed, over the last couple of years, players getting cut usually have a spot on the bronco website, answering our questions??????
            I'd be saying, "nah....no thanks.....I can't type"
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Perry1977
              Hollow.
              • Aug 2003

Green Bay will gobble up Ernster if we let him go.

Comment

Working...
              X