Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ron Dayne....

Ron Dayne has impressed me, so far...

I was at the first day of training camp, and watched him not only run north & south, but actually spin off of players, and run east-west...Which, having spoken with a number of Giants fans, that was unheard of in NY.

I also spoke with some other football fans in a chat room yesterday, about the game on Saturday (a 9ers fan was giving me crud about the guy dieing, blaming it on our team..) and mentioned Dayne looking good out there -- and had several fans from various other teams that were talking about how that's "impossible" and that I must be on crack or something...

They doubt that he'll make it past week 5, if he "really is playing well" right now -- but we'll see. My stance is that we'll have enough RBs to switch up the rotation, to keep the Reuben-Droughns-Syndrome from happening (tired at the end of the season, not as fast, not as strong...) I think Shanny learned from that last year and plans on doing better about things like that this year.

All that said, so far, Dayne has impressed me. Those of you who have known me over the years know that I key in on RBs, personally, and can get a pretty good feel of how they're going to do based on a few carries in the pre-season. (Remember all the doubt surrounding Q & the Colts 2 years ago (in the reg. season game) )when Portis went down? I was not one of the doubters...People were surprised by Reuben last year? Not I. 3 years ago, when Portis was a rookie - I had only seen him play in the last pre-season game (vs. the seahawks) and decided that he was going to be a breakout player & that he'd get the yardage & the starting position before the season was over...Infact, I had his jersey custom made for me that weekend, and was one of the first in the stands to wear the #26....So, if I say Dayne is doing surprisingly well, I look to see him getting the 1000+ yards this season too!

Ron Dayne

If you will remember Dayne did the same thing last pre-season in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDamsel

I was at the first day of training camp, and watched him not only run north & south, but actually spin off of players, and run east-west...Which, having spoken with a number of Giants fans, that was unheard of in NY.

I also spoke with some other football fans in a chat room yesterday, about the game on Saturday (a 9ers fan was giving me crud about the guy dieing, blaming it on our team..) and mentioned Dayne looking good out there -- and had several fans from various other teams that were talking about how that's "impossible" and that I must be on crack or something...

They doubt that he'll make it past week 5, if he "really is playing well" right now -- but we'll see. My stance is that we'll have enough RBs to switch up the rotation, to keep the Reuben-Droughns-Syndrome from happening (tired at the end of the season, not as fast, not as strong...) I think Shanny learned from that last year and plans on doing better about things like that this year.

All that said, so far, Dayne has impressed me. Those of you who have known me over the years know that I key in on RBs, personally, and can get a pretty good feel of how they're going to do based on a few carries in the pre-season. (Remember all the doubt surrounding Q & the Colts 2 years ago (in the reg. season game) )when Portis went down? I was not one of the doubters...People were surprised by Reuben last year? Not I. 3 years ago, when Portis was a rookie - I had only seen him play in the last pre-season game (vs. the seahawks) and decided that he was going to be a breakout player & that he'd get the yardage & the starting position before the season was over...Infact, I had his jersey custom made for me that weekend, and was one of the first in the stands to wear the #26....So, if I say Dayne is doing surprisingly well, I look to see him getting the 1000+ yards this season too!
    Welcome back, Blue.....you have been missed.
    Now where's that CHICK?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDamsel

I honestly hope you're right. Do you think there enought room for these RBs?
    [url=http://www.sportswrath.com][img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3883/swchiefs9co.jpg[/img][/url]