• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcsodak
    Step UP, or Step OFF!
    • Oct 2003

Weird...
    On my way to pick up the child from school, gas was $3.199....and 20 minutes later, it was $2.999.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• watchthemiddle
      Banned User
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by rcsodak
      Weird...
      On my way to pick up the child from school, gas was $3.199....and 20 minutes later, it was $2.999.
      Felt guilty

Comment

• Fat Joe
        Banned User
        • Nov 2003

spiked to 3.11 for the cheap **** over here, the only good thing is there is a light at the end of the tunnel, because if prices keep going up the country will ultimatly be crippled, and that wont happen. They'll slowly but surely come back down.

Comment

• y2cragie
          Ring of Famer
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
          --- c'mon Muse --- talkin' taxes to us is what got us all riled up with you folks a couple hundred years ago --- sorry you lost all your colonies in Inja, Africa, Asia Carribean, Antilles, and the Americas etc. --- do you still have Gibraltar? --- last time i was there, the Rock was inhabited by all those Barbary Apes --- a local legend maintains that British rule in Gibraltar will last as long as there are Barbary Apes on the territory ---

--- almost half of my income goes to taxes --- most American's income from January through May goes to taxes --- so, please, don't tell us we need more --- thanks --- az
          Yes the island is still ours. Pisses off spain no end, and the residents were the ones who voted to stay british.
          As for taxes, again we pay about 75% taxes on gas, so we know a little about them too my friend
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• weyrling
            Practice Squad
            • Sep 2004

Nope, I never said the bikes and walking were a bad thing. I was merely commenting on what I'd observed.
            ALL the way to the Super Bowl THIS year!

Comment

• Big Buck 1981
              Special Teams
              • Sep 2004

Just remember folks, try not to take your frustrations out on the C-store attendants and the guys delivering the fuel...they don't set the prices, and they're certainly not getting rich right now. I bring this up because there was an article in our local paper today talking about how people are so rude right now as a result of the the gas prices, some have walked in, threw their money at the clerks, and left. It's getting ugly folks, let's try not to make a bad situation worse.

Comment

• y2cragie
                Ring of Famer
                • Oct 2003

I have heard the gas stations only make 2 or 3 cents a gallon in profit. Someone who is good with math and has time might want to work out how much gas would need to be sold if someone does a runner without paying.
                "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
                Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• alan
                  AKA IRISHBRONCO
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by muse
                  I think there needs to be more fuel tax in the US. That's just my view...

It's about 90.9p per litre over here (unleaded 91)

1 US gallon = 3.8 litres...so that's £3.45

So that's $6.22 per US gallon. And you people have the cheek to complain
                  a US gallon must be different then a Uk and ireland one,so ours should be about $7 our feul tax is huge
                  SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                  Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

• arapaho
                    reserved for losing bet
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LDB
                    Hmmm...last I looked this morning it was 2.69 here in the Springs. But I didn't pay attention this afternoon so it might be worse. Seriously, Bush needs to tap into our reserves. If this isn't an emergency then I don't know what is.

i dont think this is from a lack of oil.....what its from i dont know
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Big Buck 1981
                      Special Teams
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by arapaho
                      Like I said before, it's not a lack of oil, but a lack of gasoline. The hurricane has knocked a few refineries offline, maybe for a few days, maybe for a few weeks, the damage is not known yet. The result is that there is enough oil in the strategic reserve to meet our needs, but without refineries cranking out gasoline, then the oil is worthless. If you've noticed, oil prices have actually dropped a little bit while gas has skyrocketed, that is because of the refinery outages as well as disrupted supply lines. Hang in there folks...it will get better with time. How much time? That remains to be seen.

Comment

• AzBroncoFan67
                        Jesus has my back
                        • Aug 2004

It was 2.99 at 5:00 am, up to 3.19 by 8 am
                        sigpic sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                          earthling
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by y2cragie
                          Yes the island is still ours. Pisses off spain no end, and the residents were the ones who voted to stay british.
                          As for taxes, again we pay about 75% taxes on gas, so we know a little about them too my friend
                          --- actually the Rock of Gibraltar has an amazing history dating back to Hannibal, the ancient Greeks and the Phonecians --- and the stories of how the British built those tunnels for the "big" guns is incredible ---

--- sorry you mates have to pay taxes too!!! --- --- az

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• mattos
                            Special Teams
                            • Sep 2003

yesterday morning regular was around $2.50. i paid $3.35 for premium today (regular and plus were out). the good thing about not yet having a job is i don't have to drive much. so i got that going for me. which is nice.
                            sigpic
                            go broncos
                            share the sidewalk
                            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

• Booher
                              Special Teams
                              • Oct 2003

It's about time bush is tapping into the stategic oil reserves......Long over freaking due.
                              Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

• Booher
                                Special Teams
                                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by arapaho

Actully.....It is arapaho......It is, but it's what is perceived to be a lack of oil in the near future. It's happening as we speak.
                                Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Working...
                                X