Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    "Genious"? Was that intended as a joke? Or are you "relly" that bad a speller?
    Cug, as a former English teacher, I see spelling mistakes all over these boards, but you rarely see comments from me about them.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos04Champs
    I always liked Middlebrooks as a special teams tackler, but I honestly don't ever remember him doing much of value as a cornerback. I love the trade for Engelberger, who looks real good. If he's a bust, he's a bust, I would rather go get Griffin or Luke or Mauck or Leseaur if we have an open roster spot, or maybe some of the better offensive lineman that other teams cut.
    I liked Middlebrooks' play last year (when he wasn't injured). But Shanahan was fed up with Middlebrooks for making him look bad for wasting that pick and wanted him gone.

Thus, I don't see Shanny bringing him back.

Still, we could offer Middlebrooks whatever Roc Alexander is making, cut Roc and sign Middlebrooks. That would be an improvement, but I just don't see Shanahan doing it.

It would be hilarious though to trade a guy, have him cut and re-sign him. Maybe we could trade him again, to the Lions or something.

Is Rice going to be here after Monday? If not, are there any other "big names" that were cut we might be interested in?
    [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Narrow]IA Broncofan[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][FONT=Arial Black]
    [IMG]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1350/iabroncofansig9rg.gif[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2]"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Frank Zappa, 1980 [/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by IA Broncofan
    Is Rice going to be here after Monday? If not, are there any other "big names" that were cut we might be interested in?
    Griffin, Leseur, Myers, and Luke would all be possibilities IMO.

It would be hilarious though to trade a guy, have him cut and re-sign him. Maybe we could trade him again, to the Lions or something.
    Or better yet, the Redskins
    You've got to know when to sack em...

I liked Middlebrooks' play last year (when he wasn't injured). But Shanahan was fed up with Middlebrooks for making him look bad for wasting that pick and wanted him gone.

Thus, I don't see Shanny bringing him back.

Still, we could offer Middlebrooks whatever Roc Alexander is making, cut Roc and sign Middlebrooks. That would be an improvement, but I just don't see Shanahan doing it.

That would pretty damn funny.

We should resign the guy, if for no other reason, then to bolster our special teams coverage. He wasn't cut in SF due to his play, he actually played extremely well this preseason. There's something else at play here, hopefully we'll find out more.

lol Middlebrooks..............owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    That would pretty damn funny.

We should resign the guy, if for no other reason, then to bolster our special teams coverage. He wasn't cut in SF due to his play, he actually played extremely well this preseason. There's something else at play here, hopefully we'll find out more.
    good post, the one time i saw Middlebrooks play this preseason he made a nice INT.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    I see Ernest Shazor got cut by AZ......wasn't he high on some of ya'lls want list during the draft?
    yes, i was one his supporters and i still say we should go get him. he made a mistake coming out early but he and Browner will truly make some noise next year if we practice squad him. We could use him as a OLB/SS. I'd also bring back Middlebrooks to play CB/FS. Other teams have players playing multiple position shoundn't we? Give E.S. time he'll be fine !

The Broncos finally get rid of Middlebroke, he can't make even the 49ers team, and now some here want him back.

Go figure.

-----

I always like Middlebrooks and I thought he had skills and potential, but to cut by the Pee Wee 49er's...ouch! Makes me think and man the must a blow to his ego.

Maybe there is more to this story? Is his attitude and off field problems that bad?
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    The Broncos finally get rid of Middlebroke, he can't make even the 49ers team, and now some here want him back.

Go figure.

-----
    Getting him back for a lot less money might still make sense. If we can get him for cheap rather than pay him 1st-round draft pick money, maybe he can add value.

It's a bit like acquiring all those lineman from the Browns -- people kept saying that those former 1st-round draft choices were busts, etc. People kept forgetting that we got them for a very cheap price, opening up opportunities to spend the cap money elsewhere.

Middlebrooks was a player who developed slowly and was just coming around when we dropped him. I don't know if he would have gotten any better than what he was at that point, but if we pick him up to shore up our defense he will at least be familiar with our zones and schemes. So for whatever that is worth it works in his favor.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

"Genious"? Was that intended as a joke? Or are you "relly" that bad a speller?
    Why is it on just about every forum I have been a member of, people are measuring themselves against others by the spelling in the others posts? At what point in history did a man/women's level of IQ become evaluated by how well they can spell?

While you are there trashing a poster about how poorly he spells, how do you know that he could not trash you after seeing your futile attempt at a math equation? Or reciting poetry? Or history? Or maybe while he was out discovering the cure for AIDS, you were there bashing him due to he spelled it wrong.

Perhaps this is all extreme, but point really is, please do not bash ones intelligence for no other reason then they spell bad. Please.

For the most part it's just old buddys picking at each other