Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    150
    My post was not directed at him persay, but all posters really. I have seen retorts to peoples posts time and again, trying to trash the poster, ignoring all his/her good points, and going straight to the fact that they spelled something wrong. Just grows old seeing it is all.

    And as far as Middlebrooks, I do not wish to see him back. We dont need him. If I was sorry to see anyone go it was Jashon Sykes, and would much rather see him back.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    That would pretty damn funny.

    We should resign the guy, if for no other reason, then to bolster our special teams coverage. He wasn't cut in SF due to his play, he actually played extremely well this preseason. There's something else at play here, hopefully we'll find out more.

    Give it up MUG admit the clown, is just that a mistake that could not even crack the worst teams in the leagues bench.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    Give it up MUG admit the clown, is just that a mistake that could not even crack the worst teams in the leagues bench.
    He was a first round mistake. That does not mean he wasn't a solid nickelback for us last season, nor does it negate the fact he had a solid camp for San Francisco.

    Tied for second on the 49ers with 16 tackles during the exhibition season, Middlebrooks also recorded one interception and broke up two passes.

    What I will admit is that the trade for Engleberger worked out. I still believe it's a mistake not to have a proven nickelback on the roster while the rookies develop, and if we were to resign Middlebrooks, then the Engleberger trade would look ingenius. As it stands, I honestly still believe letting Middlebrooks go will prove to be a mistake.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    He was a first round mistake. That does not mean he wasn't a solid nickelback for us last season, nor does it negate the fact he had a solid camp for San Francisco.




    What I will admit is that the trade for Engleberger worked out. I still believe it's a mistake not to have a proven nickelback on the roster while the rookies develop, and if we were to resign Middlebrooks, then the Engleberger trade would look ingenius. As it stands, I honestly still believe letting Middlebrooks go will prove to be a mistake.
    If he can't crack the SFO BENCH squad, he can't crack ours.

    If he was so impressive they would have kept him.

    He was a mistake when he was DAFTED, he never showed the potential to be that pick. He had a less than stellar career in DEN a briefer period in SFO.

    Maybe he move on to KC where they need CB help!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Frisco, CO
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrhampton
    Maybe he move on to KC where they need CB help!
    If only he would.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=4223&type=sigpic&dateline=1244089821

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Aspen Highlands
    Posts
    2,651
    JR, sorry, gotta disagree.................
    We have too many rookies, we need to improve our stability, Middlebrooks can do that for us, he knows the system, he is (at this point) a fairly solid player and we have had little (or no) trouble out of him. The issue we had was production vs dollars spent, as we spent a ton on this kid. (when he was not first round material) The beauty of it all now is that we can get him back cheap and hopefully recoup some of the money spent (by getting some production) while solidifying a shaky area on our team. (Too many rookies)
    Any move made by San Fransisco is easily questioned, they haven't exactly been tearing up the league with player-personell moves in recent years so who cares what they think? We know Willie, he knows us, and we could use the help.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    427
    Yh I have to agree on the bring back Middlebrooks idea. I mean we all know Walls has a pretty significant injury history. Are you ready to have Dar. Williams line up as a starter? Middlebrooks was solid last yr, obv not playing up to his 1st rd status, but he did play solid as a nickel corner. He knows the system, and if he can be had for the league minimum salary, that is not a bad way to get him.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchop7
    JR, sorry, gotta disagree.................
    We have too many rookies, we need to improve our stability, Middlebrooks can do that for us, he knows the system, he is (at this point) a fairly solid player and we have had little (or no) trouble out of him. The issue we had was production vs dollars spent, as we spent a ton on this kid. (when he was not first round material) The beauty of it all now is that we can get him back cheap and hopefully recoup some of the money spent (by getting some production) while solidifying a shaky area on our team. (Too many rookies)
    Any move made by San Fransisco is easily questioned, they haven't exactly been tearing up the league with player-personell moves in recent years so who cares what they think? We know Willie, he knows us, and we could use the help.
    A fairly solid player, is that what we are looking for or are there others out there on the waiver wire that are more than fairly solid?

    We can get him cheap, the adage you get what you pay for applies here.

    He'd have to work for free to "recoup some of our money".
    As for to many rookies if they are better than middlebroken, who are you gonna cut?

    The key to your argument is " We know willie". Enough said. Mikey pulled off the trade of the year on this skell.

    Quote Originally Posted by ydave77

    Yh I have to agree on the bring back Middlebrooks idea. I mean we all know Walls has a pretty significant injury history. Are you ready to have Dar. Williams line up as a starter? Middlebrooks was solid last yr, obv not playing up to his 1st rd status, but he did play solid as a nickel corner. He knows the system, and if he can be had for the league minimum salary, that is not a bad way to get him.
    Your expectation level is set way to low, while I did not film study him in detail as it was painfully obvious to all that he would never be a starting CB, way to slow to play CB, was tried at safety because of the speed issues, played off his man 8-10 yards was beat on a lot of slants for good yards. Kinda in between Roc and herndon.

    Roc has potential, if you expect middlebroken to have a "significant injury history", that was better than Walls don't go there. Can't remember how many hamstring pulls this clown had. Always nursing something.

    To waste a roster spot on someone that is marginally better than Roc, even if this clown knows the scheme, REMEMBER he got traded for a reason. That was not just for a good DE!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    8,594
    Middlebrooks! Middlebrooks! Middlebrooks!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Aspen Highlands
    Posts
    2,651
    JR, thats like saying that we got rid of Portis because he was no good.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchop7
    JR, thats like saying that we got rid of Portis because he was no good.

    What? I missed your correlation, maybe I'm just tired from the Weekend.

    BTW it is Jr not JR not to confuse anyone about being the GOAT!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by NuggetFan
    Why is it on just about every forum I have been a member of, people are measuring themselves against others by the spelling in the others posts? At what point in history did a man/women's level of IQ become evaluated by how well they can spell?

    While you are there trashing a poster about how poorly he spells, how do you know that he could not trash you after seeing your futile attempt at a math equation? Or reciting poetry? Or history? Or maybe while he was out discovering the cure for AIDS, you were there bashing him due to he spelled it wrong.

    Perhaps this is all extreme, but point really is, please do not bash ones intelligence for no other reason then they spell bad. Please.
    You mean they spell badly? Adverb.

    It's annoying to see it all the time, but mostly, like TOP, I ignore it. Sometimes though the mistake is just too ironically hilarious. If that's the worst thing anyone every criticizes about you . . .

    But, I could care less if someone trashes my math ability! Why do you think I went to law school instead of becoming someone useful, like become an engineer like my brother?

    P.S. If some highschool student who can't spell genius DOES find a cure for Aids he can put that in his tag line and I'll cut him some slack!
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-05-2005 at 10:17 AM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    He was a first round mistake. That does not mean he wasn't a solid nickelback for us last season, nor does it negate the fact he had a solid camp for San Francisco.




    What I will admit is that the trade for Engleberger worked out. I still believe it's a mistake not to have a proven nickelback on the roster while the rookies develop, and if we were to resign Middlebrooks, then the Engleberger trade would look ingenius. As it stands, I honestly still believe letting Middlebrooks go will prove to be a mistake.
    I have to agree. I really DON'T want to see Darrent Williams trying to cover 6'4" receivers (the Chargers have several) or 6'2" Jerry Porter as a rookie. And they would have to right now if either Champ or Walls goes down at any time.

    Generally speaking NOBODY in the NFL wants to start rookie CBs on a team that is expected to compete for a SB (Shanahan's stated expectation). That the Pats managed to win a SB with rookie backup corners playing a significant role doesn't mean we can.

    Although people are calling him "middlebroken" I watched his play carefully last year and it didn't seem too bad to me, especially as he was special teams capatain (a position elected by the players themselves). He clearly made an extra effort on special teams and ours could certainly use the help.

    Of course, he wouldn't have to start or even be the nickel back (if both Champ and Walls were healthy it would be o.k. to use Williams), but as an experienced backup if either went down, it would be good.

    Middlebrooks was a draft bust, but he was good enough as a backup. I just think Shanahan was pissed at looking bad about that pick -- which is irrelevant now.
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-05-2005 at 10:15 AM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Aspen Highlands
    Posts
    2,651
    I have always thought of you as JR, as in JR Ewing......my bad.

    Lets look at our d-line, I will refer to them as shares of stock with an original cost of $100.00 per share, after a few years their stock went down and we bought the same stock for $25.00 with the reasonable expectation that some of the stock will rise by the end of the year netting a profit.

    This is the same way I look at Willie right now, he is finally a good value for the buck, he has talent, but he doesn't have $100.00 per share talent.

    Plus, it would be nice to have at least one draft pick on our roster.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchop7
    I have always thought of you as JR, as in JR Ewing......my bad.

    Lets look at our d-line, I will refer to them as shares of stock with an original cost of $100.00 per share, after a few years their stock went down and we bought the same stock for $25.00 with the reasonable expectation that some of the stock will rise by the end of the year netting a profit.

    This is the same way I look at Willie right now, he is finally a good value for the buck, he has talent, but he doesn't have $100.00 per share talent.
    The problem with our DL "stock" is that we don't get to keep it! After the season we have to let it go or re-new our option on the stock at a higher price!

    After we held it for a year, the price suddenly goes up to $200 a share -- and we have to renew the option at that price! Only we don't have enough money to buy all the shares we had, so we can re-buy some of the stock, but not all of it.

    That's the situation with the DL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •