So me and Milehigh117 made a mock today... A very young mock though.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReleaseTheBeast7
    Franchise Moreno
    • Jul 2003

So me and Milehigh117 made a mock today... A very young mock though.

1. Packers - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
    2. Texans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
    3. Vikings - Reggie Bush, RB, USC
    4. Raiders - A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State
    5. Titans - Marcus McNeil, OT, Auburn
    6. Bills - Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina St.
    7. 49ers - Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech
    8. Jets - Matt Leinart, QB, USC
    9. Cardinals - Ahmad Brooks, ILB, Virginia
    10. Ravens - Eric Winston, OT, Miami(Fl.)
    11. Browns - Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
    12. Lions - Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
    13. Bears - Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
    14. Cowboys - Mac Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia
    15. Rams - Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
    16. Chiefs - Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona St.
    17. Saints - Jon Scott, OT, Texas
    18. Patriots - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
    19. Jaguars - Charles Gordon, CB, Kansas
    20. Panthers - Jesse Mahelona, DT, Tennessee
    21. Seahawks - Martin Nance, WR, Miami(Oh.)
    22. Chargers - Jason Allen, CB/S, Tennessee
    23. Steelers - Davin Joseph, OT, Oklahoma
    24. Dolphins - Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green
    25. Broncos - DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis
    26. Falcons - Loren Howard, DE, Northwestern
    27. Eagles - Demeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama
    28. Giants - Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota
    29. Broncos - Darnell Bing, S, USC
    30. Buccaneers - Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
    31. Colts - Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
    32. Bengals - Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

Order is the order that the draft would be if the season ended right now. Looks good for a week 4 mock right?
    sigpic
  • broncofan303
    Special Teams
    • Oct 2003

very mock in deed...Leinart not going # 1?
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

• Freestyle
      Captain
      • Apr 2005

Kudos for the effort!

I doubt Leinart goes at #8, but you made a good effort matching up team's weaknesses to the talent.
      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

• Milehigh117
        Practice Squad
        • Mar 2004

We were suprised he fell that far too, but look at the teams that are 1-7, none of them will draft a QB in the first, Jets are first team who have a round 1 need at QB. This will change a whole lot as the season progresses. If you want an explanation on any of our picks, let us know.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
          Franchise Moreno
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Milehigh117
          We were suprised he fell that far too, but look at the teams that are 1-7, none of them will draft a QB in the first, Jets are first team who have a round 1 need at QB. This will change a whole lot as the season progresses. If you want an explanation on any of our picks, let us know.
          Excatly.

Packers just got Rogers last year, no way in hell they draft Leinart.

Texans have David Carr. We were thinking about Leinart there, but then, we thought, well. With a stud offensive linemen, Carr could be a star.

Vikings have Culpepper. Enough said.

Raiders are sold on Andrew Walter, they love that kid.

Titans love Volek. McNair is still rolling.

Bills aren't sold on Losman, but we figured that he is young yet and Mularky will give him a shot.

Niners just got Alex Smith. Also, enough said.
          sigpic

Comment

• BlueDevilsDB
            Bench Warmer
            • Aug 2004

Regarding Lienart and the team the has the #1 pick, my guess is if the team with that pick doesn't want Lienart, they'll draft him anyway and trade him.

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
              Franchise Moreno
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BlueDevilsDB
              Regarding Lienart and the team the has the #1 pick, my guess is if the team with that pick doesn't want Lienart, they'll draft him anyway and trade him.
              This is true... Watch, their trade partners would be the Broncos.
              sigpic

Comment

• mrsolo
                Bench Warmer
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                Excatly.

Packers just got Rogers last year, no way in hell they draft Leinart.

Texans have David Carr. We were thinking about Leinart there, but then, we thought, well. With a stud offensive linemen, Carr could be a star.

Vikings have Culpepper. Enough said.

Raiders are sold on Andrew Walter, they love that kid.

Titans love Volek. McNair is still rolling.

Bills aren't sold on Losman, but we figured that he is young yet and Mularky will give him a shot.

Niners just got Alex Smith. Also, enough said.
                This is pretty good. I, too, jumped at Leinart not being #1, or even in the top 5. But, it looks like you put a lot of thought into it. If it really did come in this order, I'd almost bet that the Packers would trade down if they had no interest in a QB. Who knows? Good mock.
                I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

• JvDub95
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2005

there is no way denver takes rb with there first pick and a safty with thier second. Its more like o-line and wr, or somthing like that, both going on offense

​​​​

Comment

• ReleaseTheBeast7
                    Franchise Moreno
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by jvw
                    there is no way denver takes rb with there first pick and a safty with thier second. Its more like o-line and wr, or somthing like that, both going on offense
                    You have to realize that DeAngelo Williams isn't just any old runningback, he's going to be something special. You better believe that he falls to our first pick, that Shanny will not pass up on him. It's either him in the first, or Dontrell Moore in the 3rd or 4th. No way we're passing up on a back though, not in the Shanny era. PLUS, this draft class is filled with stud RBs. Let's face it, Tatum isn't the future and Shanny is NOT sold on him for being the franchise back.

We need a safety, simple. More than a WR, plus, there was no one worth taking in the WR category with that pick. Darnell Bing is a stud, an upgrade over Lynch or Ferguson.
                    sigpic

Comment

• brom66an6
                      Special Teams
                      • Sep 2003

You have to realize that DeAngelo Williams isn't just any old runningback, he's going to be something special. You better believe that he falls to our first pick, that Shanny will not pass up on him. It's either him in the first, or Dontrell Moore in the 3rd or 4th. No way we're passing up on a back though, not in the Shanny era. PLUS, this draft class is filled with stud RBs. Let's face it, Tatum isn't the future and Shanny is NOT sold on him for being the franchise back.

We need a safety, simple. More than a WR, plus, there was no one worth taking in the WR category with that pick. Darnell Bing is a stud, an upgrade over Lynch or Ferguson.
                      Yea I agree with Bing but I don't think the RB will be that early we will probably go Oline in the 1st but Shanny is hard to predict I mean who would have thought before the draft that we were going to pick 3 CBs with our first 3 picks..
                      Smith's First Catch
                      "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

• WABronco
                        I'M driving the bandwagon
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jvw
                        Yes, there is a way...

While I'd say it's highly unlikely, given Shanny's propensity for pickin winners in the later rounds, it'd sure be insanely sweet. Could you imagine someone like DeAngelo Williams, the best all around back in College, in a Bronco Uni. That would be awesome to the power of 24. He would easily become an elite back, which would make Denver's ground game that much better. I think he's similar to Tomlinson, I think...And we all know how much Shanny loves Tomlinson...

We have absolutely nothing in the way of a glaring need. Lepsis will probably be gone, but Foster could concievably switch sides and Carlisle could move to right tackle. All that scenario leaves is a LG, with Hamilton taking Nalen's spot as well. Lenny's gone, but we've got years of secondary depth as it is right now. WR is a bit of a need, but we've got young depth there too with Adams, Watts, and Lelie. Safety is a need too, with Fergy and Lynch both getting up in years. But I think we can squeeze another year out of Ferguson if he switches to the FS spot, or we could draft a cover guy to take that spot too. Then, of course, there's the D-line. I'm not too savvy on the contract situation with the Browncos, but we could definitely use some young blood regardless.

I'm basically for taking the best player available, because unless the 'Skins absolutely tank, we'll have a 'teen pick and a mid twenty pick. I don't think we can aim for a specific player just yet...

Remember, there's some serious talent in the third round even, so we don't have to get everything in the first...

Just don't trade away our midrounders this time, PLEASE!
                        Last edited by WABronco; 10-06-2005, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• JvDub95
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2005

remember steven jackson, denver was supposed to draft him( according to scouts ) and passed over him. Denver doesn't need to waste a first pick on rb when any rb in the nfl can be a 1000 yard rusher in our scheme( maybe exagerating a little bit). I don't question that we take a rb in the draft, we always do. I am saying o-line will be an issue with the chance of losing lepsis, and nalen not getting any younger. We could use safty I won't argue that, but smith is also not getting any younger and lelie is being supringly bad. What the hell has watts done besides look good in preseason. There are a few of 1st round wr's available in the draft, whose to say that our 1st pick comes that late, i think the skins start to lose alot of games

​​​​

Comment

• RebelSyxx
                            Practice Squad
                            • Oct 2003

I say we trade up and draft Derek Hagan from Arizona State, we need a WR.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

• DURANGO BRONCO
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Apr 2005

Because of the draft is loaded with O- Lineman, I think one of our 1st round picks will zero in on one of them (McNeil is my favorite)

Our other 1st rd. pick will likely go to best player available, probably a safety although I am not sold on Bing. I would be sweet to get Bush as a dual threat but don't see us getting a top 5 pick.

I don't see a WR being taken early, due to lack of quality receivers. Believ it or not I see David Terrell playing a major role in the future with the Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                              X