Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Carswell injured in Car Accident

Broncos' Carswell Involved In Morning Wreck

(CBS4) AURORA, Colo. A multi-car accident Thursday morning in Aurora that involved Denver Broncos lineman Dwayne Carswell caused big backups and left several people with minor injuries.

The incident happened at about 7:30 a.m., and Southbound Parker Road was closed at Hampden for about an hour and a half.

Carswell, an offensive lineman who caught two touchdowns in the Jacksonville Jaguars game this year, was involved in the chain reaction resulting from a crash. One of the cars involved had its driver's side door ripped off.

It wasn't immediately clear how many people were injured or who was at fault in the crash, according to Aurora police.

Carswell has only missed one game since 1995. He played tight end before becoming an offensive lineman.

http://www.cbs4denver.com/breakingne...300102904.html

Hopefully it's nothing serious...
    Last edited by Buff_bronc_fan; 10-27-2005 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added Link

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_bronc_fan
    Broncos' Carswell Involved In Morning Wreck

(CBS4) AURORA, Colo. A multi-car accident Thursday morning in Aurora that involved Denver Broncos lineman Dwayne Carswell caused big backups and left several people with minor injuries.

The incident happened at about 7:30 a.m., and Southbound Parker Road was closed at Hampden for about an hour and a half.

Carswell, an offensive lineman who caught two touchdowns in the Jacksonville Jaguars game this year, was involved in the chain reaction resulting from a crash. One of the cars involved had its driver's side door ripped off.

It wasn't immediately clear how many people were injured or who was at fault in the crash, according to Aurora police.

Carswell has only missed one game since 1995. He played tight end before becoming an offensive lineman.

http://www.cbs4denver.com/breakingne...300102904.html

Hopefully it's nothing serious...
    Ditto...for everybody involved.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Ouch! Sounds like a pretty nasty wreck. Hopefully Dwayne and the others are OK

"(CBS4) AURORA, Colo. A multi-car accident Thursday morning in Aurora that involved Denver Broncos lineman Dwayne Carswell caused big backups. Carsell was taken to a hospital with serious injuries.

Ted Sundquist with the Broncos said Carswell had a torn diaphragm and bleeding in the chest cavity. Doctors did exploratory work to see what the extent of the injuries was around heart and/or aorta.

The Broncos spokesman said the torn diaphragm will need to be repaired. Surgery may also be needed on the chest cavity."

Bold are the important parts, now this could be over blown and I only hope it is! Very sad indeed!
    “Brevity is the soul of wit” – William Shakespeare

Well, this is the first time I have ever heard of a House crashing into a car.

Really though, this sucks. Sounds like the house will be under repairs for a while. I hope he's okay and he recovers quickly. Does this mean that David Terrell or Wesley Duke gets activated, I wonder?

Get well, house.
    I bleed orange and blue!!!

Rest in peace, Darrent.

I adopted Domenik Hixon!!

Eagles fan here.

Terrible news. The accident sounds pretty bad. I wish Carswell a speedy recovery.
    Go Eagles!

An other Eagles fan here.

Terrible news. Best wishes to him and his family.

Thanks guys, we hope he is alright. Just have to wait and see what the Broncos release for information about his condition, but I would think that he won't be playing Sunday unless all he got was a scratch and from the look of his car I would bet a tad more then that...
    “Brevity is the soul of wit” – William Shakespeare

This is horrible news.

Broncos' Carswell in surgery following multi-car crash
    By Felix Doligosa Jr., Rocky Mountain News
    October 27, 2005

Denver Broncos lineman Dwayne Carswell is undergoing surgery now to repair damage from a multi-car crash that occurred this morning in Aurora.

After consulting with the team's medical director, media director Jim Saccomano confirmed to the Rocky Mountain News that Carswell is now in surgery. He reiterated the Broncos do not know the full extent of his injuries.

Shortly after 7 a.m., a driver in a gold Grand Am cut off a Volvo on the northbound lane of Parker Road near Hampden Avenue, said Anthony Guzman, spokesman for the Aurora police department. The two vehicles collided and went into the southbound lane, hitting three vehicles. Carswell was driving in one of the southbound vehicles.

Carswell and a female were taken to a local hospital.

[B]Ted Sundquist, the Broncos general manager, told CBS4 Carswell had a torn diaphragm and bleeding in the chest cavity. Doctors did exploratory work to see what the extent of the injuries was around his heart and/or aorta, CBS4 reported on its Web site, cbs4denver.com.

Terrible news!!

I hope he and the other person transported to the hospital are going to be OK.

I gotta say I hate this stretch of Parker Road. With a speed limit of 55 and construction all over the place, all it takes is one idiot to cause something like this. They have made such a mess of this area rebuilding for T-Rex and Parker Road!

On the southbound, it's easy to miss the Hampden turnoff, and try to cut comone off trying to make it. It comes up so fast! And the northbound suddenly opens up to like 5 lanes, most of which take you off Parker onto 225.

I know they are trying to make things better with all of this, but for the last two years while they have been doing it, it's been nothing but a nightmare.

People gotta drive carefully through construction zones!!! Especially one where everything is changed! It used to be very simple where to get on & off. Now it's a conflaguration that nobody can figure out.

Get well soon Dwayne!!

Not, good.....hopefully no-one was any more seriously hurt.
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

Spiffing sig, MasterShake

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn
    I hope he and the other person transported to the hospital are going to be OK.

I gotta say I hate this stretch of Parker Road. With a speed limit of 55 and construction all over the place, all it takes is one idiot to cause something like this. They have made such a mess of this area rebuilding for T-Rex and Parker Road!

On the southbound, it's easy to miss the Hampden turnoff, and try to cut comone off trying to make it. It comes up so fast! And the northbound suddenly opens up to like 5 lanes, most of which take you off Parker onto 225.

I know they are trying to make things better with all of this, but for the last two years while they have been doing it, it's been nothing but a nightmare.

People gotta drive carefully through construction zones!!! Especially one where everything is changed! It used to be very simple where to get on & off. Now it's a conflaguration that nobody can figure out.

Get well soon Dwayne!!

I have to say when I was in Denver/Aurora I thought you guys drove WAY too fast out there.

There's speed limits for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
    I have to say when I was in Denver/Aurora I thought you guys drove WAY too fast out there.

There's speed limits for a reason.
    Yeah, everyone's in a hurry............

Man... I hope he's going to be ok, along with everyone else..