Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_bronc_fan
    Broncos' Carswell Involved In Morning Wreck

(CBS4) AURORA, Colo. A multi-car accident Thursday morning in Aurora that involved Denver Broncos lineman Dwayne Carswell caused big backups and left several people with minor injuries.

The incident happened at about 7:30 a.m., and Southbound Parker Road was closed at Hampden for about an hour and a half.

Carswell, an offensive lineman who caught two touchdowns in the Jacksonville Jaguars game this year, was involved in the chain reaction resulting from a crash. One of the cars involved had its driver's side door ripped off.

It wasn't immediately clear how many people were injured or who was at fault in the crash, according to Aurora police.

Carswell has only missed one game since 1995. He played tight end before becoming an offensive lineman.

http://www.cbs4denver.com/breakingne...300102904.html

Hopefully it's nothing serious...

I sure hope that he's ok and that no one else was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420
    This totally blows - ugh - I hope he is okay -

Its damn rubberneckers I bet - Sounded to me like something happened on the otherside of the highway and caused a rubbernecking incident on the opposite side -

ANOTHER huge driving pet peeve of mine - I do NOT understand WHY people have to slow down and look at something that doesnt involve them - if they deem it that important they need to pull over or whatever but GD it all -STOP RUBBERNECKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get people who rubberneck a cop who is giving speeding tickets - its just amazing - if everyone just PAID ATTENTION when they drove speed wouldnt be such a factor ya know - Speed is not the cause its just a factor in how badly you get hurt

I hope to god that whoever started this chain reaction gets the full punishment that is allowable by law- manslaughter if anyone died, IMO

People are such freakin morons
    Taken from the ESPN story:

"Officer Tony Guzman said Carswell was in one of three cars traveling south when two northbound cars collided and veered into the southbound lanes. Several of the cars were extensively damaged, Guzman said. A woman whose name wasn't released was treated and released from the hospital, Guzman said."

"In no shape or form was [Carswell] the one that caused the accident," Guzman said.

You're the man House! Glad to hear surgery went well and that the prognosis is "very good." Here's to a speedy recovery....
    Last edited by Johnny7; 10-27-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    [B]Go Broncos!!![/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    AMEN brother! Thanks for the kind words. I will be praying for DC.
    We all are bro.
    Any given Sunday !!

Man that's crazy. I wouldn't be suprised if that's career ending-a torn diaphragm and coming back to a sport that specializes in hitting, doesn't sound good. The espn article.. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2205511 says house's car was a 94 chevrolet sedan. Sounds kind of like a sub-par car for an NFL player?? Weird

Quote Originally Posted by edog24
    Man that's crazy. I wouldn't be suprised if that's career ending-a torn diaphragm and coming back to a sport that specializes in hitting, doesn't sound good. The espn article.. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2205511 says house's car was a 94 chevrolet sedan. Sounds kind of like a sub-par car for an NFL player?? Weird
    One of the pictures from the scene.

I have yet to see a report/caption claiming this is his car, but it's beginning to look that way.

Winter is Coming!

Just got this in an e-mail from the team.......

Quote Originally Posted by kilkizan
    Thanks guys, we hope he is alright. Just have to wait and see what the Broncos release for information about his condition, but I would think that he won't be playing Sunday unless all he got was a scratch and from the look of his car I would bet a tad more then that...

Call me a pessimist, but I wouldn't look for him back this season.

Ruptured spleen just doesn't sound good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

It was a mess! Traffic was backed up big time around there, both northbound and southbound. I was 45 minutes late to my destination. As I drove by it, I had no idea House was involved, though.

Parker Road in general is a mess. The lanes are confusing, the roads are terrible, and I don't even know what the hell kind of construction they're trying to do. The whole stretch from Quincy to Yale is pretty screwed up. It was a multi-car waiting to happen, and it finally did happen.

Best of luck to Carswell. Football is completely irrelevant, and I just hope House is back in his own house very soon.
    A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

OMG! I just found out. This does not sound good at all but the docs are saying he is doing well. There are so many injuries that sound pretty serious to me.

Football aside, I hope he can recover from this and perhaps continue his career next season. But for now, my prayers go to him and his family for a full and complete recovery which sounds like it may be awhile.

This is such sad news.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Get well Soon Carswell

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Hopefully this doesn't end his career either.
    Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9890/darrentwilliamstributebb3.jpg[/IMG]

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

[IMG]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5780/selyoinksig3yx.jpg[/IMG]

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Golly....just logged on just found out........

My thoughts & prayers flyin' over to you DC, and your family.

Livestrong, man...be well.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrange] [SIZE=2]"We've got these guys right where we want em..."[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Man, that is awful. I didn't think it was this bad. An email I got from denverbroncos.com stated that he was in critcial but stable condition.

Many thoughts and prayers for you House.