Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I'm actually bummed about that whole ordeal

We get guys that obviously have potential but things don't seem to work out and then they find a new place to flourish. (Tory and Deltha come to mind because they're DBs, but there are others). Then we get to watch them succeed elsewhere. Walls has the size and strength to compete and he's been through some hard knocks. I'd say he's a guy we should embrace. For whatever reason he didn't achieve what the coaches hoped - which would be marquee CB status able to use his size to compete with the Johnsons, Moss's, Owens' of the world. So now he gets exactly what he needs - 1) a chance to practice everyday against Moss, the main reason we kept him in the first place. He can fine tune his skills against a big man. - 2) a chip on his shoulder and a chance to play his old team twice a year.

What sucks about this is I would have rooted for him wherever he went. But now he's a raider and I can barely say the word without puking. So do I detest him like all the other raiders or just pretend I don't see him when he's on the field? You can't tell me there were no other teams with a lower slot than the raiders who could get him on waivers?????

Quote Originally Posted by DiehardinAlaska
    We get guys that obviously have potential but things don't seem to work out and then they find a new place to flourish. (Tory and Deltha come to mind because they're DBs, but there are others). Then we get to watch them succeed elsewhere. Walls has the size and strength to compete and he's been through some hard knocks. I'd say he's a guy we should embrace. For whatever reason he didn't achieve what the coaches hoped - which would be marquee CB status able to use his size to compete with the Johnsons, Moss's, Owens' of the world. So now he gets exactly what he needs - 1) a chance to practice everyday against Moss, the main reason we kept him in the first place. He can fine tune his skills against a big man. - 2) a chip on his shoulder and a chance to play his old team twice a year.

What sucks about this is I would have rooted for him wherever he went. But now he's a raider and I can barely say the word without puking. So do I detest him like all the other raiders or just pretend I don't see him when he's on the field? You can't tell me there were no other teams with a lower slot than the raiders who could get him on waivers?????
    No worries.. you may NEVER see him on the field!

I was never a fan of Walls. Besides he always gets injured.

Yay, now we can attack him when we play the Raiduds. The Lelie, Adams, and Devoe should have a field day against him. He was never a good CB here, and I highly doubt that he will play well for them. He can't tackle, he's always hurt, he has poor cover skills and allways commits PI.

GO WALLS!

I wish him luck anyway because he's a former Bronco. Of course, when he plays against us, I will not wish him luck covering our guys.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

None of you guys think the Raiders went after Walls because, you know, they need some help at CB? I know there are probably other motives, and we all hate the Raiders (with good reason), but they do need some DB help pretty badly.

I went to their site to check their depth chart at CB - Nnamdi Asomugha, Renaldo Hill, Denard Walker and Fabian Washington, Stanford Routt, Charles Woodson - hardly household names with Woodson injured.
    [IMG]http://www.broncos07.com/broncomania/data/media/12/random.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by theshiverman
    im sure shanny is busy making new code names for the playbook.
    I doubt it.....Lenny was on IR for four week....they had plenty of time to change the calls. Even if they didn't, he didn't know what was going on when he was on our defense so why would he know what's going on from the Raider's sideline?

<----------Lenny after one of Coyer's defensive calls.

The Raiders only signed him for the remainder of the season to play at the SS position.
    Their starter (Derrick Gibson) had to be put on IR,as well as the free agent they later signed to replace him(Reggie Tongue).
    They're hurting bad at the SS position,and Walls is just a short term stop gap.

Hmmmm, well, I hope he doesnt turn into Deltha O'Neal, who practically destroyed us when he played against us last year. oh well, the Faiders needed help in the secondary so....whatever.
    vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

Really no different than what Shanny did with signing M Anderson, the safety from the faiduhs.

Like said above, he's another body to fill a hole.

I highly doubt he'll be playing too much, having been off the field for the last 5 weeks and having to learn a new scheme (if that's what you call chasing wr's that got behind you).
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

He should fit right in with Namdi (sp). Big sticks that can't take sharp corners...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede
    I was never a fan of Walls. Besides he always gets injured.

champ bailey is injured more than lenny walls is

having one major injury isn't always being injured.
    [IMG]http://img172.echo.cx/img172/9820/thechampionsigpi6iz.jpg[/IMG]

Made by Snk16

Shame to lose him, shame he went to the Raiders, but who knows maybe he can still help us out when we play them.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChampion
    champ bailey is injured more than lenny walls is

having one major injury isn't always being injured.
    IB STREAK FOR CB GAMes played
    According to Smith, much of his motivation stems from his push for a third Super Bowl ring. "I don't care about money. I don't care about, 'Oh, you are a superstar. You are a celebrity.' To me, all that is crap," he says. "I just care about winning."

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Well . . .

Lenny is a decent guy, far as I can tell, so I wish him all the best. However, the Broncos let him go because he was not as good as what we have, and the Raiders picked him up because he is better than at least some of what they have now. So, while he might mean an improvement in the Raiders' backfield, it still won't raise them up to the level of ours. So it does not concern me.

-----