Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    There is another thread that says Lenny failed his physical.
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...b2bsig37do.jpg
    Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Quote Originally Posted by ydave77
    So it seems that Walls asked for his release, and that was granted since we werent going to play him that much. Nice of Shanny to grant that, but did we hurt ourselves? If Walls left in FA during the upcoming offseason would he have been eligible to be involved in the NFL equation for dealing out compensatory picks. Those comp picks can be pretty important, and I woudl hate if we lost out on somehitng by giving up on Walls earlier rather than later. The NFL CBA allows for comp picks if you lose more players during FA. So this could be involved.

Based on the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement:

A team is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks if it is determined that they lost more or better players than they were able to acquire during the previous year's free agency period. The number of picks a team receives equals the net loss of compensatory free agents (maximum of four).
    from what i recall denver is compensated for his production and well his production was squat

Quote Originally Posted by TheChampion
    champ bailey is injured more than lenny walls is

having one major injury isn't always being injured.

how in gods name do you figure this ... bailey played 99 career games iwth out missing a game .. he has had the worst year this year as far as injuries go but his best production bar any of his seasons... wow i cant beleieve you said bailey is a injury prone

Quote Originally Posted by rockrules40
    ive always liked walls, it's probably his hight and that is why i was concerned about Darrent. Walls has always been a great tackler and i always thought he would be better suited at safety. His height is great for the position and hes too slow for CB but i think it's perfect for safety.

lenny was anything but a sure tackle ... bailey and darent are a trillion times better i have watched alls closely his size intrigued me over the years .. he has no ball skills his tackling is on the other side of good his speed is not great.. really all he has got is his height

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    How many ints does walls have in his career?

He cant tackle.

He gives a 10+ yard cushion on every reciever.

He blows coverages all the time.

He cant catch worth a damn.

Why do the broncos need him again? Oh I forgot, potential wins Footballs games.
    All this gargbage reminds me of exactly the same posts about Deltha O'Neal and Torrie James when THEY were released!

These boards lit up with "Deltha O'Bust" posts and comments like "Deltha has done NOTHING!" "Deltha will be out of the league after they find out he can't cover!" "Do you think Shanahan would release him if he were any good?" Etc., Etc.

Only the minute their feet hit Cincy both players proceeded to prove Shanahan wrong! Deltha is currently considered one of the top CBs in the league, was in the pro-bowl last season and will be again this year since he leads the NFL in interceptions! He's on his way to having an outstanding career!

You can spin as relentlessly as Scott McClellan (Pres. press-secretary) but the fact is clear. Both players were very good and they're proving it.

And Shanahan failed to find a way to get that kind of performance out of them in Denver. That's a FLAT FAILURE, either or judgment or coaching or both!

So, before you're so sure Lennie Walls is a bust, better look at the track record. Shanahan makes mistakes, especially at CB. Just because he didn't pan out in Denver, doesn't mean he can't play and even star in the NFL!
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    All this gargbage reminds me of exactly the same posts about Deltha O'Neal and Torrie James when THEY were released!

These boards lit up with "Deltha O'Bust" posts and comments like "Deltha has done NOTHING!" "Deltha will be out of the league after they find out he can't cover!" "Do you think Shanahan would release him if he were any good?" Etc., Etc.

Only the minute their feet hit Cincy both players proceeded to prove Shanahan wrong! Deltha is currently considered one of the top CBs in the league, was in the pro-bowl last season and will be again this year since he leads the NFL in interceptions! He's on his way to having an outstanding career!

You can spin as relentlessly as Scott McClellan (Pres. press-secretary) but the fact is clear. Both players were very good and they're proving it.

And Shanahan failed to find a way to get that kind of performance out of them in Denver. That's a FLAT FAILURE, either or judgment or coaching or both!

So, before you're so sure Lennie Walls is a bust, better look at the track record. Shanahan makes mistakes, especially at CB. Just because he didn't pan out in Denver, doesn't mean he can't play and even star in the NFL!

Your wrong Here-Tory James was never a bust and left via free agency.
    Deltha Oneal was a poor covering Corner here and was not getting any better. Just because he got better someplace else does not mean he would have here.

Compensetory draft picks are based on previous production IE were they a starter on your team and did they produce + If they were a starter and produced on the team they went to.

Walls has not been a starter most of the year and has not pruduced this year. So
    Even when he left we would have gotten nothing. This way Bowlen saves some cash.
    http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.