Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,971

    TO staying with philly

    Although I'm basing this on absolutely nothing I think the eagles are going to keep terell owens. Jakes Beard won't be happy about it but when you look at some of the eagles players supporting him like jerimiah trotter, brian dawkins, and the list goes on. The ownership wants him out but he will not go, he is the reason they went to the super bowl last year and the whole team knows it. Like it or not, TO ain't leaving philly. That being said, the eagles will still be crap, their time is over.

    GO BRONCOS!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by alwilson91
    Although I'm basing this on absolutely nothing I think the eagles are going to keep terell owens. Jakes Beard won't be happy about it but when you look at some of the eagles players supporting him like jerimiah trotter, brian dawkins, and the list goes on. The ownership wants him out but he will not go, he is the reason they went to the super bowl last year and the whole team knows it. Like it or not, TO ain't leaving philly. That being said, the eagles will still be crap, their time is over.

    GO BRONCOS!!!
    Yes I WOULD BE VERY VERY VERY MAD IF WE DONT GET HIM IV BEEN WANTING T.O. SINCE THE SHEGLES BENCHED HIM

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Murphy, NC
    Posts
    685
    After what Owens has but that team through, I don't think much of anything is going to change their minds about trading/releasing him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by alwilson91
    Although I'm basing this on absolutely nothing I think the eagles are going to keep terell owens. Jakes Beard won't be happy about it but when you look at some of the eagles players supporting him like jerimiah trotter, brian dawkins, and the list goes on. The ownership wants him out but he will not go, he is the reason they went to the super bowl last year and the whole team knows it. Like it or not, TO ain't leaving philly. That being said, the eagles will still be crap, their time is over.

    GO BRONCOS!!!
    Ummm...

    Owens was injured when they made their run in the NFC playoffs. They made the Super Bowl without him. He may have improved them over the regular season and it could be argued that he gave them a chance to win the Superbowl, but they made the Superbowl without his help once they reached the playoffs.

    Also, why do you say, "their time is over"?? They still have a pretty good team that will be returning a lot of guys that were injured this year and will be over 20mil under the cap after they cut T.O.. They'll have some money to spend in free agency to improve themselves even further.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

    . . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,100
    Quote Originally Posted by alwilson91
    Although I'm basing this on absolutely nothing I think the eagles are going to keep terell owens. Jakes Beard won't be happy about it but when you look at some of the eagles players supporting him like jerimiah trotter, brian dawkins, and the list goes on. The ownership wants him out but he will not go, he is the reason they went to the super bowl last year and the whole team knows it. Like it or not, TO ain't leaving philly. That being said, the eagles will still be crap, their time is over.

    GO BRONCOS!!!
    Owens was out couple games with a broken leg. He may have brought some moral and added to Mcnabbs stats but he was not the reason they made it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,971
    I started this thread like two months ago, I can't believe it's still around!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    116
    i think there is absolutely no chance of TO being a Eagle
    he most likely will be Denver in the 06 season
    I believe in you, Knowshon!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ2426
    i think there is absolutely no chance of TO being a Eagle
    he most likely will be Denver in the 06 season
    I agree

    Like I said, this thread was made by me back when TO wasn't even suspended yet

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Murphy, NC
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by alwilson91
    I started this thread like two months ago, I can't believe it's still around!!!
    I didn't even notice how old this thread was when I posted. I figured it was a couple of days old with no replies. Thats kinda weird.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    538
    you have to admit the eagles dominated with TO in the games they played that year, and when he was hurt in the playoffs they werent as domintaing

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    346
    They didnt really make the playoffs without Owens because they had pretty much clinched it when owens went out. There were like 3 games when their reserves played.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

    "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

    "I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

    "I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

    "I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

    Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The University of Oklahoma
    Posts
    64
    The Eagles made it to the NFC Championship consistently without TO. McNabb was the reason they were great - not TO.
    He was the missing ingredient that got them into the Super Bowl, but he in no way defined the team.

    And the reason the Eagles stunk this year was because McNabb's injuries caught up with him.

    And...I really...really hope that TO doesn't come to Denver.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3rQfw0cAs]Darrent Williams Tribute Video[/url]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by SteventheThorn
    The Eagles made it to the NFC Championship consistently without TO. McNabb was the reason they were great - not TO.
    He was the missing ingredient that got them into the Super Bowl, but he in no way defined the team.

    And the reason the Eagles stunk this year was because McNabb's injuries caught up with him.

    And...I really...really hope that TO doesn't come to Denver.
    TO rocks!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    4,460
    Quote Originally Posted by alwilson91
    Although I'm basing this on absolutely nothing I think the eagles are going to keep terell owens. Jakes Beard won't be happy about it but when you look at some of the eagles players supporting him like jerimiah trotter, brian dawkins, and the list goes on. The ownership wants him out but he will not go, he is the reason they went to the super bowl last year and the whole team knows it. Like it or not, TO ain't leaving philly. That being said, the eagles will still be crap, their time is over.

    GO BRONCOS!!!
    Too bad he's banned. THis is a reminder to follow the code of conduct
    I'm on Twitter!

    Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

    2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianOrange
    Too bad he's banned. THis is a reminder to follow the code of conduct
    Who's banned???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •