Page 556 of 556 FirstFirst ... 56 456 506 546 554 555 556
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 8340
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Have you seen Peaky Blinders? He was fantastic in the last two seasons.
    Never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Never heard of it.
    Itís a Netflix show. Itís not typically something I would watch (I had to fast forward through some nudity), but it is really well done. One of the best tv series out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You know who else acts really well with his eyes? Which by the way seems an odd thing to discuss.... John Krazinski. That dude was excellent in the Quiet place and he had probably 10 lines of dialog. His face expressions were 100 percent what sold that movie so well.
    I think 98% of Jim on The Office was John's ability to do great facial expressions, and I've yet to see A Quiet Place, but even in the trailers you can see the skill. He's a great example of this
    Last edited by RealBronco; 01-12-2019 at 11:46 PM.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Halloween 2018 5/10
    Huge disappointment for me. Just another Halloween sequel. Not a very good story, not very good anything. Far cry from the original.

Venom 7.5/10
    I personally thought Hardy did a damn good job. Liked the story, the CGI was pretty darn good, and totally enjoyed the humor. Looking forward to the next, and Carnage.

Ant Man & Wasp 7.7/10

Enjoyed this movie more than the original. Good action, and Paul Rudd is about a perfect actor for this character.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Halloween 2018 5/10
    Huge disappointment for me. Just another Halloween sequel. Not a very good story, not very good anything. Far cry from the original.

Venom 7.5/10
    I personally thought Hardy did a damn good job. Liked the story, the CGI was pretty darn good, and totally enjoyed the humor. Looking forward to the next, and Carnage.

Ant Man & Wasp 7.7/10

Enjoyed this movie more than the original. Good action, and Paul Rudd is about a perfect actor for this character.
    Just curious and not trying to change your opinion but when it the last time you actually watched Halloween? The original I mean. I just watched it this past Halloween and itís hilariously awful.

Like outside of the classic music the movie is so stupid with horrid acting. The new movie is a far superior product imo.

Sure there may be some stupid thinks in it but itís only a handful compared to the original.

Like honestly if the original came out today instead of in the 70ís it wouldíve been a complete and total flop.

Itís shining moment was it giving us that song that became a huge part of Halloween culture for the past 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Just curious and not trying to change your opinion but when it the last time you actually watched Halloween? The original I mean. I just watched it this past Halloween and itís hilariously awful.

Like outside of the classic music the movie is so stupid with horrid acting. The new movie is a far superior product imo.

Sure there may be some stupid thinks in it but itís only a handful compared to the original.

Like honestly if the original came out today instead of in the 70ís it wouldíve been a complete and total flop.

Itís shining moment was it giving us that song that became a huge part of Halloween culture for the past 40 years.
    I actually own every Halloween except for 3 which has nothing to do with Michael Myers. I actually think Halloween 1 and 2 are still good horror films.

I get what your saying though. When we look back at things that were exciting or used to frighten us we see how cheesy some of the stuff. A ton of movies are like that.

Music not so much. For instance The Vulgar Display Of Power by Pantera record stands the test of time, and still sounds fresh today. I'd put a record like that up against any of the crap a band like Avenged Sevenfold puts out any day of the week.

I grew up on horror films so I guess some of the old ones have sentimental value to me. To me this new one wasn't any good. It felt rushed through the story, and the story wasn't good imo.

Michael Myers has always been my favorite horror film villain. So, I take no pleasure in saying that this new one was mediocre but to me it was. My buddy went to theater and watched and said the same thing. This one is definitely not the best Halloween as I heard so many times. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 01-16-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Can You Ever Forgive Me?

As far as a pure movie goes, the acting was decent. The story was decent(yes I know, based on a true story). But I felt they rushed it. Of course.. not being a highly action film, you really can't do much more with it.

Anyone who really enjoys the literary Giants in history would get a kick out of it though.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Ready Player One 8/10
    Haven't read the book, so this is from someone that basically had no idea what this movie was going into it. My expectations was it would at least be decent, since its is Spielberg.

I liked it, good movie. Does make me wanna check out the book. Everything visually was well done. TJ Miller's character was meh. But everyone else was good.

The Prodigy. 6/10.

Very predictable, and right away you get a Child's Play feel to it. The acting wasn't very good. There were a few jump scare moments and even a creepy moment or two. Not a movie I'd put into a "top of" list. But not horrible either.

Bohemian Rhapsody- 8/10

Finally got to see this gem. Absolutely fantastic movie with a fantastic soundtrack.

Rami Malek deserves the Oscar for portraying Freddy Mercury. We will see Sunday.

Such a creative artistic band.

The Breaker Upperers on Netflix- 2 out of 10.

I think a 2 is even high for this movie.

Captain Marvel- 5/10.

Didnít like it much at all. Had some quality moments but overall a boring story and probably the worst marvel film to date.

Spiderman Into The Spiderverse 8/10

I watched it with my kids, and I thought it was well done. I really liked how they switched up the animation. Good story as well.

Triple Frontier 9/10

It was not what I expected but an excellent flick nontheless.
    I felt very conflicted through much of the movie.
    Great cast as well.
    Netflix has been putting out some good movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Triple Frontier 9/10

It was not what I expected but an excellent flick nontheless.
    I felt very conflicted through much of the movie.
    Great cast as well.
    Netflix has been putting out some good movies.
    Watched it Thursday and agree it was good. I did realize about halfway through that we were basically rooting for criminals. Just because they had a military background.