Page 140 of 560 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 8387

Cool

MacArthur (1977 Gregory Peck/ Marj Dusay/ Dan O'Herlihy/ Ed Flanders) 8/10

Peck did a remarkable job portraying our brilliant, but flawed General. Perhaps the best performance of Peck's career. My only problem with the movie is that 130 minutes isn't nearly long enough to hit the major points of his life. If only this had been a mini-series......
    Last edited by keithbishop; 09-18-2008 at 07:22 PM.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Invitation to a Gunfighter (1964 Yul Brynner/ Janice Rule/ George Segal) 6/10

Had anyone but Brynner played the gunfighter, it would be 5/10.

Back to The Future 5 flux Capasators out of 5

Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Dressed to Kill (1980 Michael Caine/ Angie Dic*inson/ Nancy Allen/ Keith Gordon) 6/10

Hadn't watched this in over 20 years and had forgotten pretty much all but the identity of the killer. Perhaps knowing that identity didn't help, but nothing really stood out about the movie this time (other than Angie, that is...but that can't help my rating). Not bad, but not noteworthy, either.

Enchanted.

Very good Disney flick. Enjoyable 7/10.

12 O'clock High 5 Nordern Bombsights out of 5

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Dressed to Kill (1980 Michael Caine/ Angie Dic*inson/ Nancy Allen/ Keith Gordon) 6/10

Hadn't watched this in over 20 years and had forgotten pretty much all but the identity of the killer. Perhaps knowing that identity didn't help, but nothing really stood out about the movie this time (other than Angie, that is...but that can't help my rating). Not bad, but not noteworthy, either.
    Angie's always been a ten in my book. Found my mom the four tape set of Lonesome Dove..... She ended up most of the night watching it. 9/10. Southstander my pops was one of the few "classified" guys that knew how to work on that bomb-site. Very hush hush at the time.

I my grandpa was a waist-side gunner left on B-17, so I know about the site. I read an account one time a Nordern Bombsite was left in the nose by a crewman, while the fort was undergoing repair, when he came back it was gone!!!! Thankfully a someone who was thinking quickly and grabbed it and kept it safe. Hard to beleive that the thing that made it work has a human hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    I my grandpa was a waist-side gunner left on B-17, so I know about the site. I read an account one time a Nordern Bombsite was left in the nose by a crewman, while the fort was undergoing repair, when he came back it was gone!!!! Thankfully a someone who was thinking quickly and grabbed it and kept it safe. Hard to beleive that the thing that made it work has a human hair.
    Non-pubic I would guess I always thought cross-hairs were angry doo's

Same thrift store ...... Kelly's Heroes.........Telly Savalas , Carroll O'Connor, Clint Eastwood, Don Rickles, Donald Sutherland............ 8/10.... I hear "Burning Bridges" and it stays in my head for days. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wade View Post
    Same thrift store ...... Kelly's Heroes.........Telly Savalas , Carroll O'Connor, Clint Eastwood, Don Rickles, Donald Sutherland............ 8/10.... I hear "Burning Bridges" and it stays in my head for days. lol
    Sutherland was hilarious! Cool flick.

Comanche Station (1960 Randolph Scott/ Nancy Gates/ Claude Akins) 7/10

All the fat was trimmed from this one.... only 75 minutes long.

I really enjoyed it. Only my 2nd Randolph Scott movie (the other, Ride the High Country is not to be missed). Solid performances all around.

Night of Dark Shadows (1971 David Selby/ Grayson Hall/ Kate Jackson) 5.5/10

Though I am not a fan of the show Dark Shadows (tried watching an episode of the original series years ago, but 20 minutes or so was all I could take), I am a huge fan of writer/director Dan Curtis. Curtis brought us a lot of made for TV gems in the 70's, including Trilogy of Terror , The Norliss Tapes, The Night Stalker, and my selection for Halloween night 2008, Dracula (1973). Curtis was a master at supplying a dark atmosphere on a limited budget. Love the music, too. Kate Jackson, is, of course, quite easy to watch.

Night of Dark Shadows isn't quite as good as its predecessor, House of Dark Shadows, and isn't a vampire story.

Back to my Halloween selection, it is always a tough choice. An American Werewolf in London was my pick last year. Salem's Lot and Horror of Dracula are the only movies I've watched more than once on Halloween....very nearly picked Horror of Dracula again this year.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 09-25-2008 at 05:37 PM.

It's been far too long ladies and gentlemen, but I see my confidant and co-congressman has been keeping the fort held down.

Fanaa: 8/10

Alright, I figured for my first review in a long time, I'd blow your mind with an Indian film.

I checked it out from the library because I always give indie films a chance. I didn't know it was going to be an ACTUAL Indian film this time. haha.

Anyway, this one is such a mixture of things. It's like a romantic comedy turns into a musical that switches to a James Bond action movie and then back into a love story/musical. Then it goes from that to an action thriller and for the grand finale we get a Shakesperean tragedy.

On top of the the cinematography was surprisingly superb. Very surreal and "dream-like" with lots of soft pastel filters, etc.

The score/musical numbers were also very well done (well, the score anyway). At first the film didn't match the dramatic music, but then later it starts to fit more.

I'd encourage ya'll to at least give it a look. Oh I forgot it's pretty hilarious too, because it's kind of hard to take seriously. And it's kind of a butt-buster.

There were times that I was tempted to just turn it off and gave up but I'm glad I didn't.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Isle of the Dead (1945 Boris Karloff/ Ellen Drew) 6/10

The main reason I watched this was to see more of producer Val Lewton's work. Karloff was fine, as expected, but the movie's pace left much to be desired. Karloff + Lewton made up for any shortcomings. I highly recommend Lewton's best movie, the horror classic Cat People (1942)-- yes, it's much, much better than the remake.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 09-26-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Butterfly effect 1.

10/10