Page 553 of 553 FirstFirst ... 53 453 503 543 551 552 553
Results 8,281 to 8,293 of 8293
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm done with horror movies involving the supernatural. I'm just way over burnt out on them.

Aside from that I watched Tag the other day. Pretty good entertaining movie. Maybe a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. Cool fun concept especially since it is based on a real life true story.
    I had fun with Tag when I saw it.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

You Can't Kill Stephen King.

"One summer, a group of friends make a clueless and ill-fated decision to visit the lake where horror author Stephen King lives. Upon arrival, they are greeted by unfriendly townspeople who hate noise and tom-foolery almost as much as they hate uninvited guests and questions about their most famous resident. As dead bodies begin to mount, one thing becomes clear: the friends must piece together the clues and save themselves before their own Stephen King nightmare is written. "

It's self described as a "campy horror" and it fulfills that promise. It was a very fun movie that I enjoyed very much because they do his the "campy" part by pointing out campy horror movie cliches and nailing them. If you're a King fan, then well worth the watch!

We went and saw The Nun.

A good addition to the Conjuring Universe. Plenty of moments to scare you. More of a jump then a mind melt scare movie. And the tie in to the other movies? Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    We went and saw The Nun.

A good addition to the Conjuring Universe. Plenty of moments to scare you. More of a jump then a mind melt scare movie. And the tie in to the other movies? Brilliant!
    Well that's a complete opposite review than I got from one of my good buddies that went Friday. He told me it was absolutely awful. Said it was filmed in way too dark of a setting and he couldn't hardly tell half of what was going on in the film. Said it wasn't scary at all and very predictable. And he said it was like it was filmed by an amateur.

"Ready Player One" 8/10 I thoroughly enjoyed it and all the 1980's references, especially the DeLorean from "Back To the Future"
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well that's a complete opposite review than I got from one of my good buddies that went Friday. He told me it was absolutely awful. Said it was filmed in way too dark of a setting and he couldn't hardly tell half of what was going on in the film. Said it wasn't scary at all and very predictable. And he said it was like it was filmed by an amateur.
    I won't say your buddy is wrong. I mean, we each get our own opinions. Perhaps my standards are lower?

Solo A Star Wars Story 8/10

This movie took some flack and had some bad reviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed this film!

I liked it way better that the Force Awakens and probably better than Rogue One.

I enjoyed the story, I enjoyed the characters, I enjoyed the acting. I don't see what all the fuss was about. The only thing was it was hard to get used to a Solo that wasn't Harrison Ford but he wasn't bad at all. I also have a soft spot in my heart for Emilia Clarke. Good movie!
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 10-01-2018 at 12:24 PM.

A Star is Born
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Halloween- 8/10

Excellent movie. Basically acts like none of the sequels between the original and this one occurred. Good suspense with some predictablility and good humor. Plenty of oh my god why are you doing this dumb thing moments. Great action

Venom 8/10 - Took the kids thinking just another superhero move, enjoyed the movie and didn't even fall asleep (which is what I usually do about 30 minute in because the theater seats are way to comfortable now days) Movie had a good story, good action scenes, and a lot of humor.
    .....Some fear Terrorist.....I view them as JUSTIFIED TARGETS!!

Ant Man & Wasp The Wasp 7.5/10

Yet again another great movie by Marvel!

I liked this movie slightly better than the first movie. The humor was good but not as funny as Guardians or Ragnarok but funny nonetheless. Great action, and a solid story. Also enjoyed the acting, and characters. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen the film but the end credit scene was kind of a oh I see type moment for me.

The Meg... entertaining enough that I watched all of it, but not very good.

Bohemian Rhapsody- 7.5/10

Well done film. Great acting, and obviously, the music makes the movie