Page 552 of 553 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 8295
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I thought I was but the last two were so trash ever since Whalberg stepped in. Not that I'm necessarily saying it was due to him. They've been bad scripts.

So I think I may pass on Bumblebee.
    I agree on the last two being trash. But seeing the Transformers? And hearing them? Still hits me in the feelers...
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

A Quiet Place 5/10

This movie was just blah....

Ready Player One 8/10

Didn't know anything about the story or anything so I didn't know what to expect. I was pretty impressed with it. Solid movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    A Quiet Place 5/10

This movie was just blah....
    Reading sign language all movie doesn’t work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Reading sign language all movie doesn’t work for you?
    Lol, it wasn't that. I just didn't find it very entertaining. I don't know if you would categorize that movie a horror movie or not but I grew up on horror movies, and it's been a long while since I've watched a good horror film.

I love the original Halloween, and Halloween 2. I like some of the older Friday The Thirteenth's but I don't much get into horror films anymore. So, when I see one that looks interesting or hear it's a good movie I might check it out. Haven't seen a great horror film in a minute. I watched that new Jeepers Creepers, and I thought was terrible. I like the first two. There's a new Halloween coming out, and I'll probably watch it, but, man, where are all the good horror films???

Rampage 6/10

My kids liked it but it was Meh. Story was meh, the monsters looked cheesy but the action was decent. Anyone else starting to get Dwayne The Rock fatigue?

The Last Dragon - 8/10

Unbelievably awesome glow in the dark martial arts action from back in 1985. This movie will amaze you with its incredible special effects:

Powerful love story:

And triumph over bullying:

A must for any classic martial arts collection!

Rampage 6/10

My kids liked it but it was Meh. Story was meh, the monsters looked cheesy but the action was decent. Anyone else starting to get Dwayne The Rock fatigue?
    I am...…..
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    The Last Dragon - 8/10

Unbelievably awesome glow in the dark martial arts action from back in 1985. This movie will amaze you with its incredible special effects:

Powerful love story:

And triumph over bullying:

A must for any classic martial arts collection!
    Who's the Masta........Sho Nuff!!!!

Ready Player One - 7.5/10

I really enjoyed this movie. Very entertaining if you are a big fan of video games. And also had quite a bit of pop culture from movies and music added in. The whole concept being designed around a competition with easter eggs and paying homage to all the real life developers who have dropped countless easter eggs over all forms of media was a pretty neat idea. I would say the one area that caused me to drop it down some notches on score is somewhat of a lack of humor which made a 2 hour and 15 minute movie feel a bit long and drug out at times. Overall still glad I watched it though.

Deadpool 2 7.7/10

Definitely funny but found some of the CGI to be second rate. At times the movie seemed all over the place. I think the first Deadpool was a better movie and no way was this movie on the same level with infinity war.

Deadpool 2 7.7/10

Definitely funny but found some of the CGI to be second rate. At times the movie seemed all over the place. I think the first Deadpool was a better movie and no way was this movie on the same level with infinity war.
    Ditto

10char

I watched Truth Or Dare last night.

I actually enjoyed it. Not the best movie, but something you could just watch and pass some mindless time with. I'd give it a 6.5 outta 10.

Sunshine (2007)

In 2007, director Danny Boyle and former author turned screenwriter (and now director) Alex Garland teamed up once again (following the cult classic zombie flick “28 Days Later” and the highly underated “The Beach”), this time to tackle a science fiction project. The result was astounding.

“Sunshine” is a film that is seldom talked about amongst mainstream masses, but it should be. In my opinion this is one of the greatest science fiction films ever made. This film has tremendous performances by the always fantastic Cillian Murphy, highly skilled character actor Cliff Curtis, supremely underrated japanese actor Hiroyuki Sanada and the always menacing Mark Strong, and a rather surprisingly strong and career best performance from Chris Evans.

Despite the great acting, the majority of the weight of this film rests on the director and the writer. Both pass with flying colors. Boyle’s direction is outstanding combined with absolutely breathtaking cinematography from Alwin Kuchler. This is absolutely one of the most impressive movies I have ever seen from a visual standpoint. Especially when you consider the rather low budget for a film of this magnitude. Garland’s writing is incredibly complex and intelligent. Despite a vast amount of characters, many of them come across as complex and well fleshed out.

Without going into spoilers, the film’s allegorical nature breaks this movie past your average science fiction film, and is extremely inviting for multiple views that allow new ideas and concepts to be uncovered with each viewing. The main criticism of this film is it’s 3rd act. While the 3rd act is absolutely a shift in tone, I feel like it works just fine. Especially if you take into account the allegory and the message that the film is trying to reach.

In conclusion, “Sunshine” is a masterful science fiction thriller that I feel will be more highly appreciated as time continues to pass. If you enjoy intelligent science fiction that requires you to think bigger, then this is a film that should not be missed. In my opinion “Sunshine” is a film that deserves to be mentioned among the likes of Kubrick’s “2001: A Space Odyssey” and Ridley Scott’s “Alien” as one of the greatest science fiction films of all time.

FINAL Score: 88/100

Thoughts on The Nun or Peppermint? Anyone seen them yet? I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Thoughts on The Nun or Peppermint? Anyone seen them yet? I haven't.
    I'm done with horror movies involving the supernatural. I'm just way over burnt out on them.

Aside from that I watched Tag the other day. Pretty good entertaining movie. Maybe a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. Cool fun concept especially since it is based on a real life true story.