Page 557 of 558 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 8367
  1. #8341
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,144
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Captain Marvel- 5/10.

    Didn’t like it much at all. Had some quality moments but overall a boring story and probably the worst marvel film to date.
    I'd give it around 6.5. It felt like a "B Team" movie. The special effects were amazing, but the story didn't flow very well. A lot of the action was clunky or silly, and the attempts at comedy were pretty stale. Brie Larson was awesome though.

  2. #8342
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,885
    Aquaman 7.5/10

    I thought it was DC best movie in a long time. Great CGI, entertaining, decent story, plenty of action & Jason Momoa was great!

  3. #8343
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,393
    Shazam- 8/10. Very fun light hearted film for DC. Some good humor. Finally.

  4. #8344
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carlsbad, NM
    Posts
    1,964
    Captain Marvel - 6/10 Agree with the above, everything about it was just vanilla

    BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

  5. #8345
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,074
    Shazam! 7/10....maybe 6.5

    It gets points for being quite funny in parts, and a biased point for depicting a childhood favorite of mine (who was originally called Captain Marvel before they lost those rights to Marvel Comics), but it loses to the plot around the villain and his simplistic motivations -gaining raw power and being "bad"- which reduced it to smashing polar/black&white action figures together. A child was doing that in parallel in one scene and I thought "that pretty well sums it up!" But it was fun. Comparatively speaking, it had a light, Ant-Man kinda vibe. There are two bonus scenes, and end credits are fully Marvel style now.
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-06-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  6. #8346
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,282
    "American Made"....not a brand new movie, but one that I enjoyed watching on the movie channel we subscribe to. True story, with some inaccuracies. I can feel the heat throughout the show, as pilot Barry Seal - played by Tom Cruise, is heavily involved with moving drugs from Central America while flying missions for the CIA and DEA. Money to be made, political influences, and constant travel......sanctioned and non sanctioned!

    I give it an 8.5, because it kept my attention, and was almost too hard to believe! And though Tom Cruise is not my fav actor, I think he did a fantastic job in this film!

    I recommend.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-07-2019 at 10:24 AM.

  7. #8347
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,074
    Avengers: Endgame 11/10

    This was a masterpiece of storytelling, a brilliant blend of comedy, action, tragedy and love, with the perfect ending.
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-25-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  8. #8348
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    COLORADO
    Posts
    7,064
    Avengers endgame: 9/10

    What can you really say? You either watched these movies from the beginning, jumped on the train somewhere in the middle or dont care about these kind of movies but not us. After sleeping on it and processing the movie Ioved this movie. It felt more personal and bleak. Had a different feel to it. Definitely a love letter to their fans chalk full fan service. Great end to an era

  9. #8349
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,885
    Avengers Endgame: 9/10

    I took my boys to watch it last night, and I had to process what I watched transpire overnight before making any kind of comment. I love the movie but I need to watch it again to really decide if I like it better than Infinity War.

  10. #8350
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,885
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Avengers Endgame: 9/10

    I took my boys to watch it last night, and I had to process what I watched transpire overnight before making any kind of comment. I love the movie but I need to watch it again to really decide if I like it better than Infinity War.
    I know a lot you will find this crazy but characters matter to me with Thor being my favorite, and also the fact of being able to watch a movie over and over without getting sick of it.

    I can watch Dr Strange over & over, as well as Thor Ragnarok, Infinity War, Deadpool, and many more. I'm just not sure I'm totally satisfied with the way Endgame went down character wise. It could be one of those that grow on me when I watch it a couple more times....

  11. #8351
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,769
    Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Avengers: Endgame 11/10

    This was a masterpiece of storytelling, a brilliant blend of comedy, action, tragedy and love, with the perfect ending.
    As a life long comic fan and super hero fan yea

    11/10

    Going to see it a second time in a hour. The True Imax good seats have been sold out for weeks but when the good seats available going to see it a third time.
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

  12. #8352
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    E-arth
    Posts
    15,361
    End Game: 10/10
    Replaces Godfather as my favorite movie. Best movie ever imo.

    Captain Marvel 8/10
    I enjoyed, I'm a Brie Larson stan and a Captain Marvel fanboy. So I'm bias with this. Only thing I didn't like was some of the weird attempts at comedy. Like Carol screaming at a Scrull that screamed at her. It seemed super obvious that it was meant for a laugh, instead it was cringy.

    Agree it's super vanilla. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.

  13. #8353
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,393
    Endgame- 10/10

    Let it stew over night and i just have no legitimate complaints at all. I was highly entertained from beginning to end. I mean normal movies couldn’t pull of the slow start. But it was necessary to set the tone and show fallout from Infinity wars without rushing into a solution. Where there was a lack on action there was plenty of humor.

    I thought it was the perfect ending to a 15 year culmination of a story arc. It was bitter sweet at the end to see them win but realize the story is over and many of our favorite actors as these characters are done in these roles. It leaves you wondering where Marvel goes next.

    Not a complaint but seriously want to know the point of a Black widow stand-alone now.

  14. #8354
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,074
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I know a lot you will find this crazy but characters matter to me with Thor being my favorite, and also the fact of being able to watch a movie over and over without getting sick of it.

    I can watch Dr Strange over & over, as well as Thor Ragnarok, Infinity War, Deadpool, and many more. I'm just not sure I'm totally satisfied with the way Endgame went down character wise. It could be one of those that grow on me when I watch it a couple more times....
    I hear ya pal, I'm having a hard time with a couple of decisions too, but I believe they may be fixable and are minor complaints overall. and they are (in white text below because they are SPOILERISH):

    1. I loved the comic relief around Thor but only temporarily. They forgot to use the gems on Thor's belly lol. The Prince of Asgard is now a fat buffoon who ran off with the friggin' space carnival. How the Mighty has fallen. Hemsworth said he was getting tired of the character until Ragnarok, and prefers the comedy but come on, give Thor his dignity back! I think we'll see him in Guardians 3 (hopefully slimmer, and cool again), and then I suspect the character will reboot. [ Maybe as a woman. haha ]

    2. Passing the Shield to Sam. I like Sam just fine, but the Falcon is cool the way he is and doesn't need a "promotion". Bucky was Steve's bff, has super soldier powers like Steve's, and knows how to use the Shield, so if anyone should carry on the mantle of Captain America, itreally should be him. However I believe that Disney producers are just moving away from white male leads and more towards diversity so that's the overarching agenda here controlling such decisions.

    My fear is that the Falcon tech will just be reconfigured for a ground assault role, or his new allies in Wakanda will outfit him and we'll basically have another Black Panther but with a shield. We already have Warmachine, "Iron Spider", "Iron Panther" and now probably "Iron Captain" and I don't like all these teched-out heroes. If they can empower Sam some other way, with another SS serum or radiation etc. then I can probably roll with this a little better.

    Ideally they just leave the character alone, make the handful of sequels they have planned in the next couple of years, then just reboot Captain America along with the whole MCU (and including X-Men and FF this time) in the next decade. Actors age and move on (as we just saw) so it's inevitable anyway.
    Last edited by L.M.; 04-29-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  15. #8355
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,074
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Endgame- 10/10

    Let it stew over night and i just have no legitimate complaints at all. I was highly entertained from beginning to end. I mean normal movies couldn’t pull of the slow start. But it was necessary to set the tone and show fallout from Infinity wars without rushing into a solution. Where there was a lack on action there was plenty of humor.

    I thought it was the perfect ending to a 15 year culmination of a story arc. It was bitter sweet at the end to see them win but realize the story is over and many of our favorite actors as these characters are done in these roles. It leaves you wondering where Marvel goes next.

    Not a complaint but seriously want to know the point of a Black widow stand-alone now.
    Totally agree. Not a fan of origin or flashback movies in general because there's no real jeopardy at any point for the main character -we know they live to fight another day.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •